The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

Having to move the legs for the FAST packs almost seems like a design error. They are supposed to be small enough to fit as-is, that's how Kawamori designed it. Did Yamato try to make them VF-1 sized for some reason, then change the YF-19 to fit?

I've just had a crazy dream. Don't know why. I guess I really want this product.

But I dreamt that Yamato made a VF-19 Kai.

It had everything here, but in a passing partnership with Apple, they put actual speakers on the shoulders. And also managed to put in an MP3 player. It also played 'Totsugeki Love Heart", "Holy Lonely Night" and "Planet Dance" at a respectable volume.

Crazy.

I'm gonna go back to bed after I take my anti-psychotics.....

I would so buy this.

But I dreamt that Yamato made a VF-19 Kai.

It had everything here, but in a passing partnership with Apple, they put actual speakers on the shoulders. And also managed to put in an MP3 player. It also played 'Totsugeki Love Heart", "Holy Lonely Night" and "Planet Dance" at a respectable volume.

I'm gonna go back to bed after I take my anti-psychotics.....

This reminds me of when I was a kid; I thought Soundwave was a real walkman! Imagine my disapointment when I learned the truth..

The more I look at it the more I think I see flaws. Is there a neck on this thing? The chin is covered by the chest in the pics we see. That can be easily overcome if we can make it look upward. I'm having more and more reservations about battloid. It's gonna have all the poseability of a Toynami MPC... watch.

The more I look at it the more I think I see flaws. Is there a neck on this thing? The chin is covered by the chest in the pics we see. That can be easily overcome if we can make it look upward. I'm having more and more reservations about battloid. It's gonna have all the poseability of a Toynami MPC... watch.

Jenius, I'm hope you are joking~

Dozens of people will want to strangle you for just for writing MPC toynami and the 1/60 yamato yf-19 in the same post, much less actually saying they'll be comparable... :lol:

the neck is there... I think it has to do with how the whole chest is positioned for it to not get in the way of the chin.

Edited by Nani?!

Dozens of people will want to strangle you for just for writing MPC toynami and the 1/60 yamato yf-19 in the same post, much less actually saying they'll be comparable...

I'm actually quite serious. I haven't read through all the pages though so I might be missing lots of things not hinted at in the newest pictures provided. To me it looks like no A-stance, no mobility in the neck, and shoulders that can't "wobble" like the VF-1 (1/48 or 1/60). I'd say that puts it at exactly the same poseability as a Toynami MPC. If that's the case this is a tremendous let down. You can keep your stupid head piece that is removeable for detail no one will ever see if you can't angle the legs outward in an A-stance. I can see where a waist might be impossible but that's even more reason to add more mobility at the hips. From the look of the feet I don't think they'll be much help either. Don't get me wrong, this looks 1000x better than any Toynami product... it just looks like it'll be nearly equally poseable (although it seems like some minor upper hip rotation might be possible in addition to the knee swivel). Note that any cool battloid shots are taken with the battloid being off the ground, when it is on the ground all it's doing is standing for static shots. This definitely leads me to believe that, unless you're going to put this thing on a stand of some sort, all you're going to be able to do is pose it just like the 1/72 version (except with the knees angled outward).

Edited by jenius

Jenius, you are making a lot of assumptions on articulation before you have actually handled the toy.

I just checked and the head can tilt down (forward). While the head itself can't tilt back, the whole neck column does tilt back, which allows the head to look up.

An "A" stance is possible and there is plenty of mobility in the hips. There is also a knee swivel.

Plenty of articulation in the shoulders (in fact the whole arms) as well.

Graham

Jenius, you are making a lot of assumptions on articulation before you have actually handled the toy.

I know, I said I was making assumptions and that I may have completely missed obvious examples to the contrary in previous pages. I'm glad to hear I'm wrong, I can't wait to see more pics that show off the mode better.

I'm asking for permission to post pics, but may not be allowed to until the official release date.

Graham

Just wondering: When is the official release date?

Plus, this YF-19 is looking better and better.

Ah, well there is one thing I don't like about it:

IT'S NOT IN MY HANDS!!!!

That YF-19... it's so hot right now....

IPB Image

hahaha, i bet the yf-19 is saying, "do you think its this easy being this really, really, really, really, really, ridiculously good looking?"

Edited by Murphy

hahaha, i bet the yf-19 is saying, "do you think its this easy being this really, really, really, really, really, ridiculously good looking?"

"What is this?? WHAT is THIS??!!? Is this a valkyrie for ants??"

*violently throws 1/72 version on ground*

"It needs to be... /12 scale bigger than this!!"

"He's Absolutely right!"

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie