The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

Beacuse Yamato likes teasing you and revealing the features slowly, one by one, to build up anticipation. :p

Graham

So we can spect to see more features in the YF-19?

Really like those shoulders. This thing keeps looking better and better.

Graham,

I have no idea whether or not you can answer this but just what does that thing on the inside side of the legs do?

It's just under the screwhole near the top and in some pics it's pushed in and in others it isn't, there's no consistency and I can't even begin to work out what it's for.

Cheers

Mark

That's a sneaky way to get the shoulders into position. Thought they could do that at the swivel point for the shoulders, but that would have made it too hard. This is a good alternative.

Maybe one of the cool features is the inclusion of the Heavy weapons module.

Can the arms of the YF-19 flex beyond 90 degrees?

Edited by kensei

Is it possible to get a better scan of the margin area - specifically around the fold booster? What I can read in Japanese is "YF-19 and VF-0 option parts." It's not clear if they will be released seperately or together. What I can read is "planned" and they have two seperate write-ups about them.

It doesn't look like there are any holes in the wings. Though it does look like something can be opened on the legs - or else those are flaws in the mock-up that was constructed for the photoshoot.

The November hobby magazines are out a few days early. Just picked them up.

Graham

November magazines? It's still September where I live. Just how big is the time difference between Asia and the United States ... I though it was 1 day, not 2 months? hahaha. Anyways, thanks for the new pics. I don't know how you can keep all these Yamato secrets without exploding. It must feel good to relieve some built up pressure every once in awhile. Maybe one of these days you're gonna snap and reveal all!

Yeah, out by Christmas, please?

The shoulders look awesome... I love it. Glad they threw that in there... fold booster looks ok too, not a big issue for me... and the 0-Ghost looks great. I really hope that at least two of the other three special features are removable mags on the gunpod and being able to stash the gunpod under the shield in Batt/Gerwalk modes, and the Heavy Weapons module...

mabey one of the gimmicks is the arm cannon thing (the yf-19 uses to destroy the old monster) that you can snap on/off . or mabey the active HUD(whatever its called) is painted inside the cockpit floor. Also when i first watched Mac+ i always thought the bullet proff shield was at the centered of the left arm in battloid mode, but when i got the 1st yf-19 from yamato it was leaning to one side to acomodate transformation to fighter , mabey the shield slides more to the center in the new version.(scratch what i just said about the shield i was just looking at some line art and it looks like its suppose to be like that)

i also notice in battoid mode the carnard wings flip over, they didnt do this in the original yamato yf-19.

Edited by Murphy