The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

I'm no expert on Yamatos Valk toys (this will be the first high end one I buy) but is it possible that the acessories set could include new wings with hardpoints that can be swapped with the existing ones thus giving you the choice of a tooled up or sleek plane and making the extras set an even more tempting proposition then it allready is.

I dont see myself buying extra wings for this. If there intention is to make weaponry available later on then that should have been taken into account during the design and protoype process and included as part of the valk not make special wings a seperate purchase. It just seeems to muh like an aferthought.

if they do plan to have new wings, they would have to replace the whole assembly - wing roots and all - as the "sleeve" that the wing folds into in battroid mode doesn't appear to have the channels necessary to accomodate the hardpoint blisters.

Looks like I will be going with toywave this time.

But as usual I'm going to wait till everyone has thiers and reviews it before purchase. So I will be hoping for stiff joints all over in the early release.

Maybe what they could do to encourage people to get the booster is include a bigger gunpod. :D I swear the gunpod still looks tiny to me! And the helmet seems squished. I imagine the head to be more "bulbous" in the forehead section and slightly fatter. [/random whine]

I think I will end up getting 2 of these. One for battroid mode, one for fighter with fold booster. (will this thing light up like a christmas light?)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

if they do plan to have new wings, they would have to replace the whole assembly - wing roots and all - as the "sleeve" that the wing folds into in battroid mode doesn't appear to have the channels necessary to accomodate the hardpoint blisters.

This is why I asked, d'oh. :(

Yeah, but what would be the point? Why didn't they make the wings with hardpoints on them already?

Beacuse they spoil the look by virtue of being ugly. :p

Edited by Fort Max

much like all the other $200 yamato offerings, this should be no different.

valk $135 + fold booster $45, then $20 for shipping = $200

anything beyond this, they can suck my brown eye. i'm kind of tired of being raked over the coals every time they release a new toy, its getting old real fast and i could just as easily walk away from this hobby all together.

i just don't see how the MP starscream which looks like it has 10 times the features is only $100, while this thing with no features is $200? granted macross is a smaller fan base, and yamato is a smaller company, but how can anyone justify charging double for a lesser toy? i'm sure it didn't help that the 2nd coming thread got as big as it did. any vendor could see the amount of interest in this toy and see it as a potential to cash in on the fans. ...which is whats happening right now. one can only hope that all the hoopla will die down a bit and vendors will drop their prices to something more reasonable.

anything beyond this, they can suck my brown eye. i'm kind of tired of being raked over the coals every time they release a new toy, its getting old real fast and i could just as easily walk away from this hobby all together.

i just don't see how the MP starscream which looks like it has 10 times the features is only $100, while this thing with no features is $200? granted macross is a smaller fan base, and yamato is a smaller company, but how can anyone justify charging double for a lesser toy? i'm sure it didn't help that the 2nd coming thread got as big as it did. any vendor could see the amount of interest in this toy and see it as a potential to cash in on the fans. ...which is whats happening right now. one can only hope that all the hoopla will die down a bit and vendors will drop their prices to something more reasonable.

Looks like they're going to suck your brown eye. :p

Unless it some HK or singapore vendor on ebay with shipping costs of $40 plus, I doubt the price will sink anywhere below $150... The cheapest NEW vf-0S I can find is around $160 AFTER shipping... meaning the yf-19 will probably be about $180 after shipping... MAYBE $175... It's bloody robbery for a no accessory included piece-of-plastic-coolness, but I guess it everyone's choice if they deem it worthy of their money.

I agree with you that yamato is using the yf-19's popularity for their profits but,

if yamato saw a lack of interest in the toy as you suggest we pose, you probably wouldn't be seeing a 1/60 yf-19 coming out.

As much as I hate the bloody price, I'd take it over not having it at all any day...

Instead of showing a lack of interest, we have to be honest and voice our opinions about the price. In the least, we have Graham voicing majority opinions to yamato... I honestly think they've got their own people coming in here every once and while, so if common complaints are voiced by a number members repeatedly, it'll go to them.

I doubt the price will sink anywhere below $150... T

if yamato saw a lack of interest in the toy as you suggest we pose, you probably wouldn't be seeing a 1/60 yf-19 coming out.

sinking below $150? i already got a guy who quoted me $130 shipped! ;)

how can you say this when there was absolutely no talk of any kind yf-19 toy whatsoever? there wasn't even a peep, not even a wish thread about the 19 until graham got the go ahead to release the news recently. and IIRC, graham mentioned something about yamato secretly working on it for the past 2 years. they were already making this toy whether we showed interest or not, they know it was a proven seller in the 1/72 scale. they also know that the macross fan base will shell out for bigger and better versions of the same toy as proven with the 1/48 vf-1 valks. :)

I dunno, we were lamenting the scrapping of the 1/72 YF-19 FP resculpt that was scrapped and there was the stuff with Yamato giving Graham the cold shoulder for a while.

And there've many posts for a while with people wanting Yamato to redo the YF-19 in a bigger scale.

Weren't there even people complaining that a number of us were complaining that the YF-19 FP got scrapped? :p

I'm not happy with the price, but damnit this thing looks good. :D

sinking below $150? i already got a guy who quoted me $130 shipped! ;)

Dude if you got a guy who quoted you a shipped 1/60 yf-19 for $130, spread the word~ that's where I'm buying it from.

I'm sure us fellow MWer's would appreciate it.

how can you say this when there was absolutely no talk of any kind yf-19 toy whatsoever? there wasn't even a peep, not even a wish thread about the 19 until graham got the go ahead to release the news recently. and IIRC, graham mentioned something about yamato secretly working on it for the past 2 years. they were already making this toy whether we showed interest or not, they know it was a proven seller in the 1/72 scale. they also know that the macross fan base will shell out for bigger and better versions of the same toy as proven with the 1/48 vf-1 valks.

Some people had their sigs devoted to the yf-19 FP... there was PLENTY of talk and expressed wishes for a new yf-19... perhaps in your self-imposed exile from MW not too long ago, you weren't here to follow up.

I do agree with you that in all likeliness, people at yamato knew for a while that the yf-19 is a popular valk... But that doesn't mean they dont listen to what's said here and what people here are interested in...

I wasn't into Macross when the whole 1/72 fiasco happened, but once I got my M+ Vaks, I wanted a 19FP... and now that a larger more detailed, better proportioned, and better working one is coming out, I can't wait any longer... I'd bust a gut if I waited for a second run. To me, a perfect looking representation of my favorite transformable mecha EVER is well worth the 200 bucks, esp. made by Yamato, where I know that evne if there is a QC issue (which there shouldn't,) I can fix it. The VF-0 joints ARE fixable, the Tab B COULD be fixed with some effort, the floppy intake cover CAN be fixed, and BP-8 was fixable as well (even if it took a replacement part)... this'll be no different.

I hear you .... remember this thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...c=17460&hl=

I was complaining when the prices were at $150, and I said I will stop if it hits $175. I'm going to retract that statement and say, "If it goes over $200, then I'm done." (Next year I'm going to say if it hits $250, then I'm done ... for reals this time) hahaha

$130 shipped for 1/60 YF-19?? Please do share..me want to get a couple for that price too.

i thought it was clear that i was joking when i put the ;) at the end of the sentence.

for reals, i don't know anyone selling the 19 for $130 shipped, i was just messing around....please don't kill me. :D

$167 USD in Japan. Around there. I took the figure from yamato-toys.com and used xe.com to work out the conversion.

The VF-0S/A is around $140 - 150 USD retail. But now you can get them from HK at $130 USD before shipping. Notice how the prices are steadily going up.

Edited by kensei

YF-19 has the rather unique ability to be primarily a single-seater, but can accomodate two. The Hase kit does this nicely--you can't swap, but you can build it either way. I'm guessing the Yamato is a single due to being easier--otherwise the cockpit well has to be longer and deeper, and that'd probably interfere with some hinges or the nosegear.

Unless being able to switch is a hidden feature Graham hasn't revealed yet. But it'd also require switching canopies, so I don't think it's likely.

There's plenty of pics so far, they're all in the "OVA part 2 and 3" configuration--single seater. There's actually 3 possibilities:

A. Single-seat

B. Two-seater

C. Two-seater post-ejection, with black retractable plating covering the gap where the aft canopy was.

This is just a JOKE.

Delux two-seater with spring-loaded ejectable seat with Yang figure.

I'm not serious. :lol: I don't want a gimmick like that on the 19. I'm fine with it either way being a single or two-seater. I just don't want a permanent black plate for post-ejection two-seater. I like the full canopy. :)

addition: imagine if someone lost an eye because they shot themself with a Yang. :lol:

Edited by Sumdumgai

i like 2 seater fighters, but i dont expect to see one of the 19. we'll see the 0D before we see that.

**drools after having the thought of owning a vf-0D one day~**

I recently saw macross zero again and I have to say Im wishing for the vf-0D more than the sv-51 :ph34r:

magazine for sure, the top of the pod...is there a need for it too?

as for the second pilot; I think it would require to much of a redesign to rweally be worthwhile, unless they go off continuity. i mean some of us would buy em, but i dont see it being a high priority for many, especially considering the high price point of the 19

The cover art of the TIAS mac Plus book shows the top part (barrel cover) of the gunpod removed.

tiasmacrossplusf.jpg

The Club M 1/72 scale YF-19 resin kit also had a gunpod with a removeable barrel cover, which you can see in the bottom right corner of the instruction sheet below. The instruction sheet also shows the optional wiing weapons.

mw-yf19inst5.jpg

Graham