New Star Trek Movie In 2009..

bandit29

Hey, were any of you at the open call for "Corporate Headquarters" (supposedly the code name for the new movie) in Burbank today? I saw that someone had a silver Toyota with the UN Spacy symbol over their gas input hatch thing... what the hell is that part called anyway? :lol: So I was wondering if any of you went.

Hey, were any of you at the open call for "Corporate Headquarters" (supposedly the code name for the new movie) in Burbank today? I saw that someone had a silver Toyota with the UN Spacy symbol over their gas input hatch thing... what the hell is that part called anyway? :lol: So I was wondering if any of you went.

I remember seeing pictures of someones silver toyota with the U.N S logo on from when Alexlay made them for us.

FYI, looks like Winona Ryder will be playing Spock's mom in the new flick:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=283451

:huh:

Even with blonde hair, I don't see it. But then casting hasn't cared too much about appearances yet...

Should we take bets on there being a scene with Spock chasing Kirk around after hittin' his mom?

Edited by Keith

Lots of things:

Possible storyline for the movie (WARNING, possible spoilers ahead): link

If true, a response: link

I think Ellison's response is fairly solid proof that the Guardian of Forever story that was leaked isn't the actual story. With the amount of lawyers involved in any Hollywood production I seriously doubt they would have overlooked this before starting principal production.

Also in other news Harlan Ellison, though a talented writer, is a crank and an ass.

Edited by Nied

Wow, that guy really annoys me on heroes. I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch this movie, just because of his acting!

In those pictures, he looks remarkably like an old Mego Spock action figure! :lol: It's gotta be the boots!

That plot actually sounds pretty goood. TOS and the war episodes of DS9 are the only Trek I can really stomach.

Quinto looks surprisingly in character, too.

I don't see what the Dominion War has to do with the movie... I'd be surprised if there was ANY TNG-era battle scenes.

I don't think he means wanting to see TNG era battles in the flick. I think he means story arcs where there were major conflicts were great to watch as far as Star Trek goes, and I'd have to agree. DS9 for me was dull until the Dominion War.

The big deal with the movies going back to Kirk's era was that the Federation wasn't as powerful over it's rivals but it didn't take anything from anyone either. Conflict littered this era IIRC.

Edited by Warmaker

Regardless, I have to agree. The Enterprise is probably the most iconic starship ever. People who have never seen Trek and don't even know Kirk's first name can identify the Enterprise. It really doesn't need/shouldn't be changed. It's a timeless design.

My money's on it looking NX-01ish though, no matter how many people complained (and still do) about NX-01 looking wrong for its era, and Trek in general.

Regardless, I have to agree. The Enterprise is probably the most iconic starship ever. People who have never seen Trek and don't even know Kirk's first name can identify the Enterprise. It really doesn't need/shouldn't be changed. It's a timeless design.

My money's on it looking NX-01ish though, no matter how many people complained (and still do) about NX-01 looking wrong for its era, and Trek in general.

meh, as long as they're rebooting the franchise, why not dust off the old ship? The design was great for when it was designed but it's showing its legs man.

And I agree with other trek fans who're saying: star trek wasn't about the STUFF. It's about people and their relationships and exploring the concepts of humanity.

I think Ellison's response is fairly solid proof that the Guardian of Forever story that was leaked isn't the actual story. With the amount of lawyers involved in any Hollywood production I seriously doubt they would have overlooked this before starting principal production.

Also in other news Harlan Ellison, though a talented writer, is a crank and an ass.

True but he still the top of my list of writers I wouldn't want to tick off, he barks and bites...

For me THE Enterprise is the movie constitution class refit. So movie Enterprise NCC-1701 and movie Enterprise NCC-1701-A.

The other Enterprises were varying degrees of okay, not bad, to meh. NX was meh. Enterprise B was meh (as was Excelsior). Enetrprise C was not bad/not good. D and E were okay.

If Ellison owns everything in City on the Edge of Forever(except the ST crew & ship) why was the guardian of time used on an episode of the Star Trek cartoon. The Enterprise crew went back to the guardian's planet messed around & ended up erasing Spock's history as a Starfleet officer. So Spock had to go to his past as a boy on one those life & death Vulcan trials to save himself. So did Harlan try to sue Filmation who animated the toon or is he just blowin' more smoke? I like Harlan but c'mon it's been what 40 yrs since Roddenberry jerked him(besides he's been dead for years). :rolleyes:

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Ent-B is not meh! And the Excelsior is the best Trek design EVER. (I like the D least, despite having seen it the most---just disproportionate--giant saucer, stubby nacelles)

Half agree. I do really like the Excelsior, but that's ultimately why I like the Sovereign best. It had the same long, sleek design with the long nacelles and the saucer section sitting on a short, thick "neck," but in a more advanced design. John Eaves and Rick Sternbach have even cited the Excelsior as an inspiration for the Sovereign and an intention that the Sovereign would serve as the Excelsior's successor within the Trek universe.

Half agree. I do really like the Excelsior, but that's ultimately why I like the Sovereign best. It had the same long, sleek design with the long nacelles and the saucer section sitting on a short, thick "neck," but in a more advanced design. John Eaves and Rick Sternbach have even cited the Excelsior as an inspiration for the Sovereign and an intention that the Sovereign would serve as the Excelsior's successor within the Trek universe.

completely agree. sovereign class just rocks. It has long elegent lines but it also looks robust and aggressive at the same time.