Custom 1/48 Gbp

Kurt

Well...can't decide to take it as encouragement while working on mine, or a sign to give up :lol: I'm doing the normal GBP right now... and the decals are killing me. Small white decals on white backing = Ben going blind. That and the shear volume of them.

I notice that you've got a little bit of decal edging showing on your legart Kurt... when you applied that large decal, did you use a decal setting solution to help conform to the curve? I'm using PolyScale Decal solvent (the stronger one) and my decal is still ending up a bit wrinkly.... (mainly cuz it's a whole circle over the curve...) I figure that once the third coat of solvent dries, a coat of Future will smooth it enough....

Well...can't decide to take it as encouragement while working on mine, or a sign to give up :lol:  I'm doing the normal GBP right now... and the decals are killing me.  Small white decals on white backing = Ben going blind.  That and the shear volume of them.

I notice that you've got a little bit of decal edging showing on your legart Kurt... when you applied that large decal, did you use a decal setting solution to help conform to the curve?  I'm using PolyScale Decal solvent (the stronger one) and my decal is still ending up a bit wrinkly.... (mainly cuz it's a whole circle over the curve...)  I figure that once the third coat of solvent dries, a coat of Future will smooth it enough....

386033[/snapback]

Thanks everyone for the compliments. The weathering process sometimes will make the decal edges more pronounced. I use Microscale decal solutions.

hey kurt, do you customize valk for people too? i have noticed that you do a fine job at it. if you do, can you please let me know? i am interested in converting a regular 1/48 vf1-s to a low viz. kyatsu :D

386068[/snapback]

Yes, all of my work is for other people. PM me and let me know what you are interested in.

Haha, lucky you. Thanks for the advice. After checking it this morning, the decal shrunk down a tad and smoothed out nicely after two coats of Solvent and a coat of Future. I know all too well that weateheirng can mark the edges of decals. On my CF, one of the leg decals is basically black-line outlined. :lol:

OMFG.  Kurt you are awesome. Be aware I have some customs I want you to do for me.

386049[/snapback]

All 93 of them? :unsure::D

386178[/snapback]

Kurt is officially booked out till 2010. :p