New Yamato 1/48 GBP Pics

Graham

I'm starting to agree with you guys here, after seeing those new pics of the GBP. The damn thing IS really that out of proportion :(, specially that chest piece <_< . But who am I kidding, I'm still getting me one of those.

yeah... it's starting to look rather silly.

ah well, I'm still getting one.. rather have it than not.

I'm starting to agree with you guys here, after seeing those new pics of the GBP. The damn thing IS really that out of proportion  :(, specially that chest piece  <_<  . But who am I kidding, I'm still getting me one of those.

yeah... it's starting to look rather silly.

ah well, I'm still getting one.. rather have it than not.

The pose with the open missile hatches look really cool though.

I wish for the colour pics. *sigh*

EDIT: 1000th post! Yahoo! Haven't posted for a week or so.

Edited by kensei

Color pics would rock.... I'm still really excited about this... the chunkiness isn't too bad IMO, just a little bit on the torso armor... otherwise, it's gorgeous. I really really cant wait for this.... some color pics would kick majoy assage tho!

I dunno guys, could you even get the gunpods to rest over the shoulders without some sort of modification? It looks like the boosters are sitting kind of low on the back and you might be hard pressed to get them to rest over the shoulders without some sort of extension. Otherwise, your valk would have cannons that could basically just shoot straight up. I guess you could just have them there for the sake of having them there, but the only "real" way to make use of them would be some kind of death blossom maneuver.

Why you guys complaining about the GBP? Be happy they are making one. I agree it is out of proportion but I will still buy it.

I'm with you on this one. Be thankful we are getting one for the 1/48 line. All indicators point to Yamato's backing out of the macross market. If you don't like it don't buy it!

It just means more for me! :lol::lol:

Roy's Blues Posted on May 31 2005, 11:23 AM

QUOTE (Godzilla @ May 31 2005, 11:05 AM)

Why you guys complaining about the GBP? Be happy they are making one. I agree it is out of proportion but I will still buy it.

I'm with you on this one. Be thankful we are getting one for the 1/48 line. All indicators point to Yamato's backing out of the macross market. If you don't like it don't buy it!

It just means more for me!

Yeah, you guys are right. We shouldn't be complaining and we should be grateful instead, of the fact that we're getting a 1/48 GBP. But you guys also have to admit that this latest pic is making the 1/60 GBP version look better ;) .

I like the fact that they're getting creative with the design of the thing. Sure, it's nice to get an accurate toy rendition, but we're talking about armor (and mecha in general) of a 20 year old design.

It's time to innovate baby!

I'd much, MUCH rather see a 1/48th Zero (armor and otherwise) than silly VF-1xxx re-issues in different colors...

Since that won't be happening for a while, a few new shapes to drool over will be welcome too!

The chest looks a bit goofy, but I'm sure it's a functionality issue. They probably have to make the chest so deep so that the missiles can be removeable.

I for one, don't care if the missiles are removeable or not, I still think it looks cool, but would rather have the smaller chest.

I like the fact that they're getting creative with the design of the thing. Sure, it's nice to get an accurate toy rendition, but we're talking about armor (and mecha in general) of a 20 year old design.

It's time to innovate baby!

I'd much, MUCH rather see a 1/48th Zero (armor and otherwise) than silly VF-1xxx re-issues in different colors...

Since that won't be happening for a while, a few new shapes to drool over will be welcome too!

I agree here. If they shrunk the chest then the armored undies and big shoulders and fat leg armor would look really big and out of proportion too. (if the undies stick out further than the chest it looks like a big ugly diaper) This way by making everything fat and the chest extra big it still has that mean, agressive, pumped look to it. If i had never seen macross or the gbp before and this was my first exposure to gbp I would say this in a way looks better than the original old proportions.

My main concern is how much the poor robot can be posed now that all this armor gets in the way, more than proportions. Hopefully nothing pops off when trying to hold or move stuff. I will await reviews before buying. I am glad though, that the missiles are removable. You can then display the GBP as either having used up some or fully loaded. (as opposed to the Qrau where the open hatch forces you to show them all fully loaded.)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I approve this message. :lol:

I'm gonna probably pass on this one, actually. Too out of proportion to me and I'm just not THAT big of a fan (and I cringe at the thought of trying to get the missiles in if they're like the 1/48 FAST packs).

The 1/60 GBP I have suits me just fine.

I'm gonna probably pass on this one, actually. Too out of proportion to me and I'm just not THAT big of a fan (and I cringe at the thought of trying to get the missiles in if they're like the 1/48 FAST packs).

The 1/60 GBP I have suits me just fine.

You say that now, but wait 'til it actually is released.

Succumb to the DARK SIDE, buy 1/48 GBP. :ph34r:

I dont understand the compalining here. I mean here we get a 1/48 GBP that we were complainging for months that we were not getting one. And now they come out with one and we complain it isnt anime correct? I mean is it a little off but not too bad IMO.

I dont understand the compalining here.  I mean here we get a 1/48 GBP that we were complainging for months that we were not getting one. And now they come out with one and we complain it isnt anime correct?  I mean is it a little off but not too bad IMO.

Some people aren't comfortable with reality.

But, in this case, reality = GBP has to fit existing 1/48 valkyrie.

If they could have made it completely anime-accurate, they would have. But they couldn't make the 1/48 valkyrie 100% anime-accurate. . . so how can we expect its armor to be?!?

This all goes back to the fact that "anime magic" is necessary in order to make Valkyries look so good in the anime (nose shrinking in battroid, etc.). Most agree that Yamato did an incredible job getting their 1/48 as close to anime-accurate as possible given these limitations. Yet, somehow we now expect the armor that needs to fit on these same valkyries to be anime-accurate? :blink:

I don't think it's complaining per se; it's more of a critical observation. A lot of it is due to the way the chest looks from the angles the pictures were taken, and the fact that the neutral grey prototype just makes it very bulky and unflattering. An example shot in the proper colors and viewed from better angles will probably make the exaggerated chest much less noticeable...just look at MW's front page with the Photoshoped GBP; it looks great.

Believe me... there's plenty of space that can be eliminated, still fitting on the 1/48.

The first thing that came up to my mind is like a cold winter: a mother overdress his 4 year old child in a way it can hardly move. :D

And... biggest torque in football history... got balls!

Edited by Kin

I dig the chunkiness of it, I mean this wasn't a finesse weapon, this was the proverbial sledge-hammer. I just wish they would sell and painted and an unpainted version. I think that base grey would look cool as ice on a Low-Vis :)

Guess i will have to whip out a can of primer on my secondary set :)

Sure its chunky but at least we'll (most likely)have a VF that doesn't fall over with the GBP armor attatched. The 1/60 was a wobbly mess.

Too bad Yamato didn't just make a 1/48 VF-1J GBP armored figure. Then the armor wouldn't have to be compromised as much.