Spider-man 3 Thread

It could be another clip taken from Spawn.

Eh. Looks legit to me.

It's legit...or as close to working legit (granted, the scene might look different come May 2007). It's the same shot that was in the ComiCon footage.

Finally got to see the trailer on the big screen (Mann's Chinese to be exact). And somehow, the black suit comes off a hell of a lot better, particularly in those early scenes where Spidey is jumping around the tops of buildings.

Don't know if the reason is because of the digital projectors at the Chinese or if it's just a byproduct of seeing the trailer on the big screen (as opposed to watching the trailer from my computer screen).

Nice gif. I hope they clean-up that 3d Venom though! And I agree that they should have bulky Brock not this 'punk' version.

Hi all,

Wow, it's the same thing on ay forum, Eddie Brock is just tooooooooo small looking... If you read any of the Ultimate Spiderman comics then you would know that Eddie Brock in these comics is actually puny and nerdy just like Peter Parker is.........This has to be the source for Eddie Brock!........

Hi all,

Wow, it's the same thing on ay forum, Eddie Brock is just tooooooooo small looking... If you read any of the Ultimate Spiderman comics then you would know that Eddie Brock in these comics is actually puny and nerdy just like Peter Parker is.........This has to be the source for Eddie Brock!........

That's because THIS is what Venom is supposed to look like:

IPB Image

Bigger, badder, and much toothier. Venom pretty well keeps the dental floss companies in business, don't they?

Edited by CoryHolmes

• 1 month later...

The more I see the more I believe that Venom himself will be a 4th movie with this as his setup.

I am sure this has been stated somewhere before but if not i will say it now. Venom from what i heard is a huge part of this film. Like the whole second half or so of it will feature him. I say this because the actors are not committed to a 4th film. What is the point of setting up something when most of the key players are not committed to the project? they have all stated that as long as there is a good script and raimi comes back that they wouldn't mind a 4th or more but as of now there isn't one. Sam never wanted venom in this movie but the studio convinced him and he went ahead and added him. I feel the movie will go as follows, now mind you this is just what i have piece together from previews and other info not an actual script or anything.

Spidey gets the suit, from space most likely, and battles the new villian sandman (there have been hints as to a fourth villian, possibly the lizard) During the course of the battles he comes accros Harry in his own goblin desgin suit. He nearly kills harry and realizes the suit is making him evil and more aggressive (this comes from the fact that we see harry in the hospital) He goes and removes the suit and it falls on Eddie who has was in the chapel at the same time. After he becomes Venom he torments and haunts spidey, i do believe sandman will still be around too. Then spidey and harry make up and team up against the villians cause it has been stated a million times that harry isn't necesarily a bad guy the entire movie and has been hinted about a team up between the two.

There that is my two scents, granted i am still missing a lot of stuff, like the gwen stacy mary jane stuff but that is how i see the movie going. I am sure they will leave it a little open for possible sequels but for the most part the films will be over until they renew contracts

Ouch, Venom's lookin' kinda weak there. What happened to the white spider from the trailer?

That picture shows everything that's wrong with the Venom design, especially since it takes after the Spidey costume. In the comics and cartoons, as per the pic I posted above, Venom had a smooth costume. In the movie picture, it's got the raised spiderwebs on his torso, but his legs are smooth. It looks like he had to steal half of a Spider-Man costume and wear it over some ratty work jeans. It just doesn't work for me.

• 1 month later...

That footage that they showed makes me super excited for this movie.

Anyone got a comparison of the first venom design that came out with the first trailers with the more recent one as seen in Ladic's post? For some reason, I remember it being slightly different.

Edited by dr_vandermeer

Nice gif. I hope they clean-up that 3d Venom though! And I agree that they should have bulky Brock not this 'punk' version.

Dwayne Johnson, aka the Rock would have been perfect for this dammit.

Dwayne Johnson, aka the Rock would have been perfect for this dammit.

I could see that, and while "I can smell what you're cookin," I think Venom is going to Rock.

Besides, not as bulky or as smooth as the comic is still WAY better than Willem Dafoe in a Power Rangers villain costume sporting a permagrin :lol:

Edited by chowyunskinny

If your going that route with bulk and meanness. I would say Vin Diesel would be better than the Rock. He's better at playing a darker character and might pull off being a newspaper reporter better as well. Really, I would be hard pressed to see either those guys having a desk job. I agree that the current cast will be ok too. At least Vin played a stockbroker once, an evil one at that.

I could see that, and while "I can smell what you're cookin," I think Venom is going to Rock.

Besides, not as bulky or as smooth as the comic is still WAY better than Willem Dafoe in a Power Rangers villain costume sporting a permagrin :lol:

Edited by Guvava

What's up with the goblin glider being turned into a snowboard and the weird dirtbike face mask Harry wears? It makes sense that the glider is thin and all, especially in the tight in between building spaces, but the whole costume has lost the whole surpernatural globin origin. I would say, at least make him wear a rubber halloween mask and an a pullover. Maybe a North Face one, so he looks modern still. :)

Edited by Guvava

If your going that route with bulk and meanness. I would say Vin Diesel would be better than the Rock. He's better at playing a darker character and might pull off being a newspaper reporter better as well. Really, I would be hard pressed to see either those guys having a desk job. I agree that the current cast will be ok too. At least Vin played a stockbroker once, an evil one at that.

If Vin Diesel had hair, it would be perfect. Just couldn't think of a big white guy suitable to play the part.