Spider-man 3 Thread

Why do they need more villians? They already have enough threads going with Kurt Connors and Harry finding his dad's Goblin stuff.

If the next Spidey villian isn't the Lizard or a new Green Goblin (hell, they could even break continuity a little and have Harry become the Hobgoblin), then the new villian better be Venom.

Isn't Spider-Man 3 supposed to be the last one with Raimi at the helm? I know, realistically, it won't be the last... Sony will keep cranking them out as long as they keep bringing in the green.

Yep. all the principal people are signed up for 3 movies. After that, all contracts have to be re-negotiated, if they still wish to use the same cast.

No Venom. Raimi says old school only, and I think Venom would be dumb too. It's a lot more fun updating the older classics than just having some CG thing with a Aliens mouth and CG tendrils, gives me bad memories of the Spawn movie *shiver*

I'm trying to picture who Church could fit into, and I see him as Sandman, especially with the the way they are trying to show something never seen before. Electro, electric effects, seen in other movies, Scorpion, strength and the tail, kinda like Doc Ocks arm effect though, Hobgoblin, nah, GG coming back, Mysterio, maybe, kinda too hokey though. Cant be the Lizard, Doc Connors already played by a different actor. It looks like Sandman to me.

Chloe Sevigny as Black Cat? Eh...she's always been kind of a copied version of Catwoman to me, but I guess they need a lure to make things rough for PP and MJ.

Edited by Sarensaas

Lowell from Wings is cast as the villain in SM3.

When I watch Spider-Man, I'll be expecting him to say: "Duh...uhh...Joe...umm, I have no brain. Don't worry about that giant hole in the wing, your plane's fine. That Helen shure is hot!".

And I sure wish Mary Jane would die in the movies, I'd much rather see Felicia Hardy!

Guest Bromgrev

Yeah ... I'll never forgive MJ for stealing Gwen Stacy's death scene, and then not even having the good grace to die at the end! Never mind the villains - when are the Fantastic Four making an appearance? :blink:

Nothing can stop the Juggernaut!!!!!!

That would be so cool to see spidey fight the Juggernaut. Venom would also be cool.

I like the Rhino too, but he is pretty similar to Juggernaut except not as powerful.

You guys need to stop with the cross over refrences. F4 or the Juggernaut with Spidey? Bad idea all the way when you consider what it could lead. We won't just have lame spinoffs like the Electra movie but cross over spinoff films.... Dare Devil movie completely re-wrote the King Pin by itself and tieing that in with Spider-man just creeps me out as an example.

It's only a matter of time before the cross over comic movie in my opinion. We've already seen them use multiple baddies to try to "improve" a movie franchise, so someone is working on it. I know that there was a Batman vs. Superman idea that was floating around for awhile.

Spidey's next enemies should either be Venom, Harry as either the Green Goblin or Hobgoblin, Kraven or Electro. I don't think they should have the Lizard b/c we've already seen the mad scientist thing in the 1st two films. I don't think venoms story will be hard to tell in one film. Remember Spidey 2 gave us glimpses of how they could come up with a story for Venom. The astronaut who was engaged to MJ could be that guy (instead of Brock). He already has a reason for wanting to see Parker destroyed.

Hi all,

Personally I'd just like to see more action between spidey fighten crime, and whomever the baddy is..........As far as the rest of the story, heck, the yahoo news letter states this is the next installment.....These films haven't wrecked the franchise at all so there is bound to be a #4 or more for that matter.....So plenty of story possibilities later, as long as they keep it real!

LOL!!!!! B)) I haven't heard that line in a long time....keep it real......

Church To Play Venom in 'Spider-Man 3'?

Sideways star Thomas Haden Church's villainous alter-ego in the new Spider-Man movie has been revealed, if internet gossip is to be believed. The Oscar nominee will play Venom in Spider-Man 3 in 2007, according to the Pressconnects.Com website. Venom won't be the only Spider-Man arch-enemy in the second sequel - Daniel Gillies' John Jameson character will become Manwolf in the film, according to the reports.

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2005-03-24/#3

Church To Play Venom in 'Spider-Man 3'?

Sideways star Thomas Haden Church's villainous alter-ego in the new Spider-Man movie has been revealed, if internet gossip is to be believed. The Oscar nominee will play Venom in Spider-Man 3 in 2007, according to the Pressconnects.Com website. Venom won't be the only Spider-Man arch-enemy in the second sequel - Daniel Gillies' John Jameson character will become Manwolf in the film, according to the reports.

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2005-03-24/#3

It's just too soon for Venom..... On the bright side I hope this means we get to see the black costume.

My first thought when I read that Lowell was going to be a villain in Spiderman was Eddie Brock.

It might be Raimi's way of handing off the license to whoever will come next. The studio and Marvel seems to be behind the black costume/Venom thing, as do younger fans of the comic.

I'd imagine you might see Church as Eddie Brock in a cameo role - similar to Betty Brant, Dr. Kurt Conners, etc. That way Raimi doesn't really have to deal with it and the studio gets it's setup for Venom after Raimi's gone.

Either way, I think Raimi's decision to stick to the classic villains is a great one. There's nothing wrong in my book with the Vulture, Lizard, Chamelon, Electro, Sandman, Mysterio, etc.

My first thought when I read that Lowell was going to be a villain in Spiderman was Eddie Brock.

It might be Raimi's way of handing off the license to whoever will come next. The studio and Marvel seems to be behind the black costume/Venom thing, as do younger fans of the comic.

I'd imagine you might see Church as Eddie Brock in a cameo role - similar to Betty Brant, Dr. Kurt Conners, etc. That way Raimi doesn't really have to deal with it and the studio gets it's setup for Venom after Raimi's gone.

Either way, I think Raimi's decision to stick to the classic villains is a great one. There's nothing wrong in my book with the Vulture, Lizard, Chamelon, Electro, Sandman, Mysterio, etc.

He could be Eddie Brock for most of the movie then be Venom at the very end. Kind of a lead in to the next movie. I too prefer the classic villans for the movies. The older ones appeal to the older fans.

I'm all about older villians, too, and I do kind of agree with Jemstone... Venom and his story and not something that can be rushed to make a Spider-Man movie. On the other hand, Venom is hands down my favorite comic book character, including the Web-Head, including all those indie comics and what not. I want them to take their time and do a Venom story right, but I do want Venom.

Looking at Blaine's avatar, they should get Hasselhof as Kraven!!! :lol:

dude...that's scary but true...he looks like what i would imagine kraven would look like in real life :ph34r: anyone got hasselhof's managers number? they might wanna talk to sony on ideas... :ph34r:

I'm all about older villians, too, and I do kind of agree with Jemstone... Venom and his story and not something that can be rushed to make a Spider-Man movie. On the other hand, Venom is hands down my favorite comic book character, including the Web-Head, including all those indie comics and what not. I want them to take their time and do a Venom story right, but I do want Venom.

I think the Venom storyline would be best over two movies... movie 1 he gets the symbiote... movie 2 it causes problems for him tries to take him over and then bonds with Brock.

I think the Venom storyline would be best over two movies... movie 1 he gets the symbiote... movie 2 it causes problems for him tries to take him over and then bonds with Brock.

I would say it's better if he gets the symbiote and gets rid of it in 1 movie. In the 2nd one, show the consequence of that (i.e. Venom). That way, you can have a beginning, middle, and end.

[i would say it's better if he gets the symbiote and gets rid of it in 1 movie. In the 2nd one, show the consequence of that (i.e. Venom). That way, you can have a beginning, middle, and end.

Agreed. I'd say to start developing problems with the symbiote in the first movie... Along with that build tension between Parker and Brock at the Bugle, even while the focus is on another villian, and be forced to get rid of it at the movie's end, as part of Peter Parker's character development. Maybe make it something he needs to do in order to defeat the villian, ending the movie as good old red and blue spidey.

Then hint at the symbiote's rejection complex... or do without that and have it be a "surprise" of sorts in the next movie for watchers unfamiliar with the comics. Would work either way.

I almost think it'd be better to stretch out the symbiote story across three movies, just so that we can end one movie with him beating the next villian as new and improved black spidey-- where all seems right with the symbiote and so we can get used to his new costume.

Then a second movie where he's eventually forced to reject it-- contrasting with the first movie where he needed the symbiote to defeat the villian. Here he needs to reject it and rely again on his own spidey self in order to triumph.

And finally a third movie where it and Venom come back to bite him, playing on the theme that while he struggled in the last two movies with dependency on the symbiote, it was the symbiote who truely needed him. Black Spiderman was the Spiderman in the comics for quite a while. It'd be nice to see that treated as part of Spiderman's identity, and as something more than a one-flick gimmick.

And no Carnage please.

-Al

Edited by Sundown

It's only a matter of time before the cross over comic movie in my opinion. We've already seen them use multiple baddies to try to "improve" a movie franchise, so someone is working on it. I know that there was a Batman vs. Superman idea that was floating around for awhile.

Cross over comic movies won't be happenning on the Marvel side of movies because of the way Marvel sells the characters and stories to different studios. Blade is under New Line, Spider-Man is with Sony/Columbia, Daredevil/Elektra X-Men and FF4 is with Fox, etc. DC on the other is all WB, so its possible to see cross over comic movies from DC (like the rumored Superman vs. Batman movie), so a JLA movie is a easier proposition than say a Spider-Man/Daredevil movie. This is also the reason that DC comic movies have kind of stagnated, though I have have all kinds of high hoped for Batman Begins and the new Superman.

I feel like Venom/Carnage is just a little too out there for the way the current Spider-Man universe is set up in my opinion. I'd like the see Harry in a a redesigned Goblin suit or just straight up as Hobgoblin (no power ranger mask, a cowl cape deally). Lizard is a given as they've already set it up. I'm open to any other of Spidey's villians, though I like Electro or Scorpion in particular.

On a side note, I agree about the first movie and the Mary Jane/Gwen Stacy death scene. They could've worked Gwen into the first movie and then develop the Peter Parker/MJ relationship in 2 and 3. Throwing in Black Cat in 3 would be a nice little love triangle ( and we love our love triangles here at MacrossWorld :D ).

My inner geek has been released :p:D:lol: !!!!!

From a marketing standpoint I don't know if using the black costume would make sense. I suppose if they went the symbiote route they might not make the costume all black then. Sony has built this franchise on the particular look of Spidey for the movies so the thought of changing after only 2 movies doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me since it would be a HUGE change.

Just my 2 cents.