Spider-man 3 Thread

Well that looks really cool! I liked the suit, Sandman looks great, and it looks like Hobgoblin is in there. Not sure why the trailer implies that the killer of Parker's uncle is still around, especially since the first film definitely established that the guy was killed. Regardless, I'm very interested.

That's because they are running with the plot that Sandman was the actual murderer, not the guy that he caught in the first movie.

That's because they are running with the plot that Sandman was the actual murderer, not the guy that he caught in the first movie.

From what I've heard, the story behind the Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer is suppose to be

Spoiler (highlight to read) he was the accomplice to the other guy. But at the last minute, the 2 split to avoid the cops. Good olde Spidey just happen to have gone after the guy who took the car and whom everybody saw and actually noticed, not the actual shooter. (End spoiler)

As for Harry in the Goblin gear, the writers I've heard, have tried to make it a point that it's neither Hobgoblin or Green Goblin 2. It's just Harry using the gear. I suspect that's why he's using a simplified glider and just a face shield and not the Goblin mask. It's just Harry.

<<<SPOILERS UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN THE TRAILER>>>

I can live with changing canon and making Sandman the actual murderer. As an average criminal, it would've been well within the possibility of such happening and actually warps the mythos in order to provide a viable reason for the overally 'toying with the darkside' plot of the film.

Looks like the Venom-symbiote not only forms Pete's black costume, but turns him all emo when he's Parker too (check out the darker hair and the almost 'covering one eye' lock he has both when attacks Brock at what appears to be the Bugle and when he seemingly throws one of the Goblin's bombs at Harry. Further proof of just how evil emo kids are. :p

I very much like Peter tearing off Venom while the church bell rings... very nice nod to the original to have the symbiote be affected by sound....

I don't think I saw any Gwen though... we'll have to see how big her part is. There was early talk about a role-reversal of sorts between MJ and Gwen...

Edited by Southpaw Samurai

For those with high-speed internet connections, here's a larger version of the trailer:

http://www.ifilm.com/presents/spiderman3

I liked the trailer and am pleased with the thematic direction they're going in this movie.

.....Interesting that they didn't show any shots of Gwen in there like they did in the first teaser trailer.

I love the first movie, thought the second one was alright (felt it had too much "sequel-itis": gotta make everything BIGGER! from the action sequences to the comedy to the dramatic moments), and am hoping this third one pays off big time.

rnurmin, are you asking about how the black suit came into being in the comics or in this movie? Because, I know the origin from the comics. But I have no clue about how it comes about in the movie. Nor do I want to know until the movie comes out (Translation: No spoilers please ;) ).

I love the first movie, thought the second one was alright (felt it had too much "sequel-itis": gotta make everything BIGGER! from the action sequences to the comedy to the dramatic moments), and am hoping this third one pays off big time.

This is pretty much my opinion. Wasn't all that thrilled with the second film and I've yet to pick it up on DVD. I'm hoping the third flick is as good as the first movie.

^^^Yeah, I have my "sources" too. ;)

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if she'll be able to get tickets to an advanced screening.

Plus, I'm probably a few people down on the priority list (family and such) if she gets tickets for an advanced screening.

Oh well, no big deal.

Zeta, if you see it before the rest of us schmoes, feel free to rant, rave, and review the flick.

Just try not to mention the key plot points or big surprises until after we all get to see it. :D

^^^Yeah, I have my "sources" too. ;)

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if she'll be able to get tickets to an advanced screening.

Plus, I'm probably a few people down on the priority list (family and such) if she gets tickets for an advanced screening.

Oh well, no big deal.

Zeta, if you see it before the rest of us schmoes, feel free to rant, rave, and review the flick.

Just try not to mention the key plot points or big surprises until after we all get to see it. :D

I'd be VERY interested in knowing who your contact is ^_^

oh, don't worry, I plan to totally ruin it for all of you! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

I must be alone because I thought the second far surpassed the first one.

I think that the Goblin was a better villain than Doc Oc.

That being said yeah i thought it was better. Each

I hope the new movie surpasses the previous one.

I think that the Goblin was a better villain than Doc Oc.

That being said yeah i thought it was better. Each

I hope the new movie surpasses the previous one.

My problem is that the movies follow parts of the comic very closely. Specifically, the parts that involve watching Peter Parker whine and complain about how terrible he has things, for an hour and a half. The half-hour or so of Spider-Man that we get to see is good, though.

Everything I've heard suggest (Spoiler highlight to read) that Venom is definitely part of THIS movie. His appearence will affect more of the middle thru the end of the movie. His development was very closely guarded by Raimi, the VFX guys and the writers to deflect any talk of Venom. (End spoiler)

This is also the last movie for which the lead actors and Raimi are contracted for. After this, everybody is open to renegotiate their contract for more or less movies.

Unauthorized Spidey Trailer Hits the Web

Following complaints from fans that the new Spider-Man 3 trailer -- officially released last week on the Internet, on TV, and in movie theaters -- lacked any look at the film's villain, an earlier but incomplete trailer, complete with scenes of bad guy Venom, quickly turned up on YouTube. The blog Popoholic published a still from the movie showing Venom and warned that Sony would probably move quickly to have the trailer removed from YouTube. Nevertheless, it said, "Now this is the Spider-Man 3 trailer the studio should have released." Meanwhile, Marvel Entertainment, largely on the basis of positive buzz for Spider-Man 3, due to be released in May, and Fox's Fantastic Four 2, scheduled for July, has raised its net sales projection in 2007 to $375 million to $435 million versus expected sales of $338 million for 2006. Since July Marvel stock has soared higher than any of its superheroes, rising 42 percent to $27.56.

http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/2006-11-13/