Star Wars Episode 3 Spoilers Thread

zeo-mare

As a parent that scene is very sad. I might get a little teary when I see that and I know my wife will probably start bawling.

Totally agree, once you become a parent your perspective changes. The one on the left looks like he had his arm cut off. :(

Chris

Having seen that I can see why Obiwan leaves Anakin to die.

Having seen that, it's no wonder Obi-wan and Yoda gave up on Anakin (i.e. there is still good in him). If you saw something like that, would you have faith that the guy who did it just made a really bad choice? I don't think so.

Hmm, between this & the new trailer....if this movie actually turns out to be good, then I can only come to one conclusion. Lucas didn't direct!

Meanwhile, I take credit for this apparent scene, and say I dared him to do it!

:lol:

Yup, it was the detractors who FINALLY got to Lucas.

But seriously...

There's also the scene from the trailer where you see Bail Organa yelling. After reading the novelization, it should be in Order 66 know sounds like the one where a 10-year old is cutting down clones before a platoon of 'em comes and the kid is "getting hit, hit again, and then blasted to rags." It'll be interesting if THAT description makes it to film.

There's also the scene from the trailer where you see Bail Organa yelling. After reading the novelization, it should be in Order 66 know sounds like the one where a 10-year old is cutting down clones before a platoon of 'em comes and the kid is "getting hit, hit again, and then blasted to rags." It'll be interesting if THAT description makes it to film.

IIRC, according to Lucas, we won't see much of the Jedi slaughter. We'll hear more and see the aftermath but the purge will be short and mostly off screen. Seriously though, who would want to see a 10-year-old get blasted to bits. Heck, there was a school shooting incident this week.

If Lucas still wants a PG rating I doubt you'll see kids die or even bodies on the floor in the finish product.

What you'll like see is Anakin approaching kids with a angry look and a light saber. Then a scene of Obi wan and Yoda walking in to the room later on with only a reaction shot from them. You'll never see any bodies but you'll be able to piece it together.

Lucas has already said he fully expects this one to be PG-13.

If Lucas still wants a PG rating I doubt you'll see kids die or even bodies on the floor in the finish product.

What you'll like see is Anakin approaching kids with a angry look and a light saber.  Then a scene of Obi wan and Yoda walking in to the room later on with only a  reaction shot from them.  You'll never see any bodies but you'll be able to piece it together.

I somehow doubt the kids in the pic above are taking a nap. :blink:

Edited by Ladic

Why doesn't he just go all out and grab an R rating?

Is James Earl Jones comming back to do the voice?

Do we see Mon Mothma anywhere sowing the seeds of the Rebellion?

Cuz Star Wars really doesn't need to go that far.

Don't know if James Earl Jones is doing the voice. It would be hard to not have him, but since the mechanical version of Vader doesn't come till the last 5 minutes of the movie, Mr. Jones doesn't have much to say in this movie. Expect no more than a 30 seconds of dialog, total (That equates to a few lines).

Edit: Word from the grapevine was, JEJ recorded his lines as soon as Lucas wrote what lines he had in mind. IIRC, that was during pre-production. So JEJ was done after a what would be a 1-hour session at the recording studio.

Yes Mon Mothma will be in Episode 3. Genevieve O'Reilly will be playing the young senator.

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/characters/index.asp

Edited by azrael

What you'll like see is Anakin approaching kids with a angry look and a light saber.  Then a scene of Obi wan and Yoda walking in to the room later on with only a  reaction shot from them.   You'll never see any bodies but you'll be able to piece it together.

I somehow doubt the kids in the pic above are taking a nap. :blink:

Not every leaked image may make it into the final product. Has it actually been rated yet? An image like that might end up being edited out or shown just for a spilt second. While I'm fine with dead Jedi kids your likely to hear little kids asking their parents in the middle of the movie about it or crying.

Ever had to watch something different because something even slightly suggested upsets a little kid (I don't blame them)or worst a girly man adult?

While all these images may not make into the final, Lucas has already stated that younger kids should probably not be at EpIII and that it would probably get a PG-13 rating. I'm not sure how stringent the ratings are, but I would think you could show dead bodies if there is no gore involved.

Lucs himself had this to say a couple weeks ago.

"I don't think I would take a 5- or 6-year-old to this," Lucas said in a CBS "60 Minutes" interview set for broadcast Sunday. "My feeling is that it will probably be a PG-13, so it will be the first 'Star Wars' that's a PG-13."

"I don't think I would take a 5- or 6-year-old to this," Lucas said in a CBS "60 Minutes" interview set for broadcast Sunday. "My feeling is that it will probably be a PG-13, so it will be the first 'Star Wars' that's a PG-13."

Yup,and in that same interview he also said that he "could" pull it back a little to get the lower rating, but he doesn't want to.

Chris

Yup,and in that same interview he also said that he "could" pull it back a little to get the lower rating, but he doesn't want to.

Chris

And you have to admit, he's stuck to his guns so far in regards to telling the sort of story that he wants to tell, not quite what the fans want to see.

I'd be very surprised if he pulls it back to a PG rating, if only because there's no studio involved to force him to do so.

My only reason for seeing this movie is to watch the Jedi get the boot. The first two films made me care very little about the fact that these idiots were going to get wiped out.

I'll be cheering "Go Evil!"

Me, too.

As cool as they are, the Jedi of this time period royally deserve to be pasted. They really, truely need to have their asses handed to them.

So there'll be at least one other person with the, "Go Evil!" sign in the audience :)

I wish I still had my "I love the Dark Side" T-shirt I bought from Gadzooks years ago.

I wish I still had my "I love the Dark Side" T-shirt I bought from Gadzooks years ago.

Hey! I have that shirt! Now, if I wasn't such a fat ass I could wear it to the movie and piss all the little Jedi off. (Wonders: Can I lose a gazillion pounds by May?)

Edit: From the image it does look like Annie lost both of his legs in the big fight. (I didn't bother to read anything, as I would like to find out myself, thank you very much.)

Edited by Noriko Takaya

If that image of Anakin on the table is real, I'm a bit disappointed. He's just lying on a frickin table. Where's the life support machinery and tubes into him? And the lung machine implants, etc. They're already attaching the cyborg limbs and he's still wearing the remnants of the cloak he was burned in. You'd have to clean and sterilize all that tissue or he'd die from massive infection. Is he still wearing all that crap under his Vader suit? C'mon Lucas at least try a little bit!

Glane

Considering that the fact he is still alive peroid hasnt crossed your mind is suprising let alone that the wounds should be cleaned :D just poking at ya man lol no seriousness meant.

I think that the dark side has alot to do with keeping Annie alive at that point, maybe the Emporer has alittle to do with it also.

Glane

Considering that the fact he is still alive peroid hasnt crossed your mind is suprising let alone that the wounds should be cleaned :D just poking at ya man lol no seriousness meant.

I think that the dark side has alot to do with keeping Annie alive at that point, maybe the Emporer has alittle to do with it also.

Yeah, I know he probably wouldn't really be alive anyway ;) , but if this is hyped as some sort of new prototype medical center the Emperor has set up, I'd expect to see a little more gadgets and hoohahs there. Rebuilding him is suppposed to be stretching all technology to that point.

for the toy collectors get ready for unprecedented wave of SW mania. we have the 'empty' box exclusive for TrU - 4 of the original OT figures which you redeem with the coupon inside. There is the holographic yoda only available at Times Square TrU - free if you spend $35 worth of SW stuff there (so get ready for eBay!), and there's the 'reflections of lava' darth vader figure exclusive to Target (this figure looks pretty cool).

Arggg. glad i quit collecting SW before ep1 hit.