what macross character do you identify the most?

striderhiryu

OK, the question is, with wich macross character do you identefy yourself the most and why, and if necessary in what aspect you are no alike? you can use any character from any of the series.

in my case i would identefy more with guld in certain aspects. to start i am a very serious person and very responsable. i have a great sense of honor but unlike him if i ever do something wrong i admit it without hesitation but always expect the same from those i know.

another aspect in wich i am very similar is that when my pride is hurt i tend to act very violent, but never harmed anyone...so far (some persons i know don't mess around with me beacause they are already aware of my skills, specially with swords).

the main thing in wich we are not alike is that i don't get obsessed with a person in such a sick way and i do not stab anyone or act at his or her back, any serios matter or thing i have to say i prefeer to do it face to face.

so what do you guys have to tell?

I identify most with Milia because we're both drop-dead gorgeous.

Seriously, I don't relate to fictional characters, Macross or otherwise, because they're just that-fictional, mono-dimensional constructs that have no real value except for their intended role in the plot, or storyline.

Also, considering that there are numerous facets of the human mind and being, it's inaccurate to say that we can truly relate to these fictional characters that merely personify a basic and extremely limited amount of character traits, such as being a "good" "bad" or "innocent", for example.

Sorry to rain on the parade...

Edited by myk

myk, you must find it difficult to relate to anyone in that case, as most people rarely see more on a few facets of any other person's personality. Enough to form an idea in our mind of who they are, but that idea can often be no more true than any fictional character we might see in a book or tv series. Also, I've seen plenty of examples where "villains" and "heroes" were not so clear cut.

Some writers manage to fashion deeper, or more realistic (the two are neither exclusive from each other, nor required to achieve the other) characters than others.

On the other hand, I do think you bring up a good point that there is not going to be a Macross character that is spot on a match for every single person in this forum.

Case in point, I can't think about any Macross character I relate to off hand. I'd have to think about it and come back to the thread.

I think I can relate to Hikaru the most.

First let me describe who I think he is:

-He is kind of naive in the story. (he joins unspacy when minmay compares Roy to himself and appeals to his ego - indication of a person who is easy to manipulate)

-He can be selfish and single minded. (he loves his flying and his planes and it pretty much means everything to him. While I don't necesarily put that much attention to planes I can think of some of my hobbies that I put that much devotion attention to)

-He is open-minded and willing to give chances (max was able to ask him to aprove of he marriage with milia even though "she is the enemy")

-He can be irresponsible (totally absorbed in himself like when he fly's dangerously which risks attracting the enemy, or when he is assigned to check on the 3 spies and watches the beauty contest instead. I would react the exact same way and not given in to misa's bitchiness- and she WAS a bitch, not just because it was her duty to give orders.)

-indecisive. Sometimes you can't always have what you want. But be careful what you want, you just might get it and not like it after all. Throughout the tv series he is constantly trying to reason why he fights or whether he even wants an intimate relationship with minmay who is too absorbed in Kaifun and her career. This is kind of like me: I'm always wondering if the grass is greener on the other side and have doubts. If people are too happy (minmay was way too suddenly happy after being rescued from being stranded under the SDF1 for 2 weeks) then I can find reasons to worry. I don't like people who are so fickle like that, because how can you tell if they are really serious toward you, or only behaving and living 'in the moment'?

-originally he is antiwar and doesn't care for the military. Cynical at first but, willing to change, mature and accept what is coming to save people despite not agreeing with those in charge. (yet able to be vocal about how he feels about a decision rather than say gamlin, who is a too into his work to even think for himself early on.) I believe that doing what is right and following orders are nto always going to be the same thing. Also standing up for your beliefs (at least debating with reasons to people who disagree with your view) is important. You can't just fold your arms and hold your head up in snobbish fashion like basara. It's no wonder so many left his band and firebomber got stuck with the pink haired chic. He totally lacks communication skill and comes off as an a-hole to anyone that meets him.

Basically I can relate to all these qualities based on the above. The character came off not as the typical daredevil archetype but someone you could easily relate to. (unlike Dyson who to me just didn't seemed scared of death. Everyone is scared of something.) He wasn't that hero type, just an average person like Luke Skywalker before he developed his uber jedi skills. :) (I suppose Roy would be closer to Han Solo in that respect.)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Probably Isamu - He's the only character who even comes close to being the wise ass that I am. I also have a penchant for speaking my mind in situations where it probably doesn't suit me, but hey, if something needs to be said, I am usually the only guy with the balls enough to say it.

Ahhh, yes! Roy Fokker for me. I think the playboy attitude and the chicks he pulled in the show sum me up pretty well. Yet then, I have that cockiness of Max, in the fact that I just got it like that. HEHEHE :lol:

Always related to Hikaru the most. When I was younger, I shared his naivete, pessimism, and problems with women. I also perpetually look like I'm still 16 even in my late 20s :(

Next would come Claudia, for her no-nonsense humor. I swear we'd be twins if I was tall, black, and had a nice rack :)

I also perpetually look like I'm still 16 even in my late 20s :(

You know, I have that same problem. I'm 27 but I look like I'm 18. You can imagine what it's like for me to hit on women my age.

OTOH, I do hook up with my fair share of younger girls. You know, around 18 or so. I like my girls mint with mint box. :lol:

Oh well, maybe my age will catch up with me when I hit 30 or so.

You know, I have that same problem. I'm 27 but I look like I'm 18. You can imagine what it's like for me to hit on women my age.

OTOH, I do hook up with my fair share of younger girls. You know, around 18 or so. I like my girls mint with mint box. :lol:

Oh well, maybe my age will catch up with me when I hit 30 or so.

Hey, don't complain about your youth. Given we're a generation of people who marry late in life, looking young is a plus IMO. It's much easier to hook up when you look younger :)