STAR WARS EP III PICS

Mechleader

and

So much for the EU's depiction of the Wookie part of Kashyyk being way up in the air, avoiding the nasty critters that live closer to the ground.

duel of the fates was too short. i imagine that this fight will be much longer and dirtier. i think i saw a pic of anakin using lightining.

Short, but oh-so-fantastic. I'm really with you on that short thing, but what we did get made MY jaw drop in the theaters. Then on VHS. Then on DVD. And now it continues to do so with my new home theater system :)

Nothing in AOTC came close to the energy or aura that Duel of the Fates had. The actors were really tearing into each other in Obi-wan vs Maul. That's what I want to see in ROTS.

EDIT:

And this fight is reputed to clock in at 12 minutes or so, and it's being called the longest sword fight in in cinematic history.

"Duel of Fates" was still the longest and most action packed lightsaber fight ever.

duel of the fates was too short. i imagine that this fight will be much longer and dirtier. i think i saw a pic of anakin using lightining.

Short, but oh-so-fantastic. I'm really with you on that short thing, but what we did get made MY jaw drop in the theaters. Then on VHS. Then on DVD. And now it continues to do so with my new home theater system :)

Nothing in AOTC came close to the energy or aura that Duel of the Fates had. The actors were really tearing into each other in Obi-wan vs Maul. That's what I want to see in ROTS.

EDIT:

And this fight is reputed to clock in at 12 minutes or so, and it's being called the longest sword fight in in cinematic history.

"Duel of Fates" was still the longest and most action packed lightsaber fight ever.

The actual Obi-Wan/Qui-gon vs Darth Maul fight was 5 minutes total after you cut all the other scenes out (Amidala's group, Space battle, etc.). I have an mpeg of just the fight.

Anakin and Obi-wan's fight is supposedly going to be 12 minutes straight dedicated to them.

I downloaded it off of Kazaa a long long time ago. No torrent unfortunately.

I added the file "Episode 1 - Jedi Lightsaber Duel.mpg" to my shared folder in Shareaza at least though. 48.8MB

Can somebody please confirm/deny/clarify these points for me please: -

• 1) Jedi are not supposed to fall in love, have girlfriends/boyfriends, get married...correct?
  • 2) Are Jedi supposed to remain celebate?
  • 3) If a person is strong in the Force, i.e. has a high midi-whatchmacallit count, then their offspring will also be stong in the Force?
  • 4) If point 3 is correct, then wouldn't it make sense for Jedi to get married (especially to other Jedi) and have kids, thus creating more Jedi? Seems that by not allowing mariage, the Jedi are shrinking their numbers.
  • Several years ago (before the prequel trilogy I guess), I seem to recall reading an SW comic about Jedi that featured a married Jedi couple. Wouldn't this completely fly against what is now accepted Jedi lore?

Graham

Can somebody please confirm/deny/clarify these points for me please: -
  • 1) Jedi are not supposed to fall in love, have girlfriends/boyfriends, get married...correct?
  • 2) Are Jedi supposed to remain celebate?
  • 3) If a person is strong in the Force, i.e. has a high midi-whatchmacallit count, then their offspring will also be stong in the Force?
  • 4) If point 3 is correct, then wouldn't it make sense for Jedi to get married (especially to other Jedi) and have kids, thus creating more Jedi? Seems that by not allowing mariage, the Jedi are shrinking their numbers.
  • Several years ago (before the prequel trilogy I guess), I seem to recall reading an SW comic about Jedi that featured a married Jedi couple. Wouldn't this completely fly against what is now accepted Jedi lore?

Graham

The comic you are thinking of is most likely Tales of the Jedi. In the Tales of the Jedi comics Jedi are allowed to get married and are not always trained from childhood. Nomi Sunrider only became a Jedi after he Husband (a Jedi) was killed.

but 40 years later in the KOTOR games... Jedi are not allowed to marry and not allowed to have children. this is in response to the Sith wars of TOTJ to try and deal with the problem of Jedi turning to the darkside.

Heh, if good Jedi are not allowed to have girlfriends, marry or even have sex, becoming a dark Jedi would sort of be a no-brainer (for me anyway :p ).

Heh, I can think of an awful lot of uses for the old Jedi mind trick. No more "not tonight dear I've got a headache" :lol:

Graham

but 40 years later in the KOTOR games... Jedi are not allowed to marry and not allowed to have children. this is in response to the Sith wars of TOTJ to try and deal with the problem of Jedi turning to the darkside.

What makes you say that? In KOTOR it seemed as if ny character was coming on to the girl pretty strong and she wasn't exactly rejecting my guy.

Edited by Coota0

Heh, if good Jedi are not allowed to have girlfriends, marry or even have sex, becoming a dark Jedi would sort of be a no-brainer (for me anyway :p ).

Heh, I can think of an awful lot of uses for the old Jedi mind trick. No more "not tonight dear I've got a headache" :lol:

Graham

JEDIS CAN'T HAVE SEX??? :huh:

(I don't know why but from this long thread, that's the only thing that struck me)

I guess the force wasn't THAT strong with Anakin.

No wonder those bastards are so moody...

I always thought AOTC cleared this mess up. When Anakin and Padme are talking she ask if it was forbidden for a Jedi to love. He responds that attachment is forbidden. Jedi have to have compassion right? So that means they have to be able to love just not become seriously attached to something. Its the loss of that attachment that can pretty much push a person to the darkside. Or cause serious conflict. In the game Knights of the Old Republic this is talked about a little when one of the Jedi had to fight and kill his own wife cause she sided with the Sith. This made him leave the order and exile himself from everyone basicly. Not having sex, that was never touched upon or hinted. Also some Jedi have married in the prequel era. Honestly from my understanding I would think they would allow a Jedi to be married for different reasons but only if they were in control of their emotions. At least that's how I see it. Serious emotional lost is likely to make anyone go crazy or turn but if they were in complete control of themselves they would be able to handle it which is most likely those that are married and have children in the prequel era are Jedi Masters. Which might make Anakin's marriage a key point in his fall. While he is powerful, he doesn't tend to have the control over his emtions. We saw how he acted when his mother died, and basicly before that how tended to lose his temper at times or was to full of himself. Which is also why I believe they trained from a very young age to better shape the mind of a Jedi student and help then better control themselves from a younger age(maybe allowing them to marry once they are older, say in their 30s or 40s when they have more expereince and a ton more control).

Just a few thoughts. Just the whole TOTJ, KOTOR, etc eras seem to be point that there are reasons for the changes and way the Jedi Order in the movies do things. Lucas does tend to have a lot of input on things that cover the Sith and when the Tales comics were coming out he provide background notes, and basicly checked out certain details, so he could still be working off some of that past in his reasoning for things in the films.

On another note, I was checking out the deleted scenes on the Attack of the Clones DVD, they really should have left the Padme house scenes in the film. Would have made her character a better and the relationship between Padme and Anakin a lot better I feel.