STAR WARS EP III PICS

Mechleader

Maybe it's just my monitor, but I couldn't see if Dooku had hands or not until I pumped up the brightness in photoshop. Looks like he got BOTH hands lopped off. I wonder if Lucas has this phobia about losing his hands, and works it out through his movies. Too bad there isn't one more movie coming out, it could feature a beast that has five legs and looks strangely like a giant hand, and it's got tentacles that each terminate in another hand. A Jedi could spend half the film fighting that beast. :p

post-26-1102872753_thumb.jpg

Maybe it's just my monitor, but I couldn't see if Dooku had hands or not until I pumped up the brightness in photoshop.  Looks like he got BOTH hands lopped off.  I wonder if Lucas has this phobia about losing his hands, and works it out through his movies.  Too bad there isn't one more movie coming out, it could feature a beast that has five legs and looks strangely like a giant hand, and it's got tentacles that each terminate in another hand.  A Jedi could spend half the film fighting that beast.  :p

Same problem here, and I have a good monitor and a good video card, both properly calibrated. About the rest, I dunno, sounds like potential Star Wars tentacle hentai. :lol:

Edited by Duke Togo

It's a common technique when fighting a Jedi to lop off his swordfighting hand, that way he or she can no longer wield a lightsaber. It happened in a lot of the Dark Horse comics as well.

Looks like a handless Dooku.

What is it with Lucas and hands???

I am guessing you have never been in a sword fight. What do you think is most at risk... your ass?

Yeah, well, the real question is, does his head follow soon after? I haven't read any spoiler stuff in a LONG time, and whatever happens in this scene, I dont want to know about it. So don't post it.

His head in indeed supposed to come off.

Supposedly he made kind of a joke in an interview about LotR, because his head comes off in the extended version of RotK, and so he'll have lost his head twice. I think that's what it was.

Heheheh... You couldn't help it in the end, huh? :D

Heh....yeah, well I figured the image of a handless Dooku was too cool to sit on. But you're right, I'm sure its only a matter of time before the usual Bitch Brigade shows up to complain about the 18753th pixel from the left, or just a general prequel rant. :rolleyes:

Yeah, well, the real question is, does his head follow soon after? I haven't read any spoiler stuff in a LONG time, and whatever happens in this scene, I dont want to know about it. So don't post it.

Supposedly he made kind of a joke in an interview about LotR, because his head comes off in the extended version of RotK, and so he'll have lost his head twice. I think that's what it was.

I wish you had listened to Duke when he said not to post the answer... not that I'm suprised by it at all.

I am guessing you have never been in a sword fight. What do you think is most at risk... your ass?

I do full contact sparring with padded swords, and I can testify that hands and forearms are the most commonly hit areas.

Graham

I do full contact sparring with padded swords, and I can testify that hands and forearms are the most commonly hit areas.

Graham

In fencing the blows are mostly in the fingers, hands, forearms, legs and face...

that is why all of the protective equipment.

The never hit the freaking body! :angry:

I wish you had listened to Duke when he said not to post the answer... not that I'm suprised by it at all.

If you don't like it don't look at the thread

Graham

In fencing the blows are mostly in the fingers, hands, forearms, legs and face...

that is why all of the protective equipment.

The never hit the freaking body! :angry:

For what it's worth in kendo (think of what light sabers are based on...) the three places you attack are the hands, the head and the stomach.

OK, just a little too much like ROTJ....although fitting...

If you don't like it don't look at the thread

Everyone else on the boards shouldn't have to censor themselves to please you. If you don't like it you don't have to click on the thread.

Edited by Coota0

Yea, Lucas let this scene slip out during his commentary on ROTJ. He is talking during the scene Vader is climbing the stairs towards Luke, with Luke crying "Daddy I wont fight you" and all that and Lucas says something like "The Emperor wants Luke to kill Vader and take his place, because Vader did the exact same thing". At first I was like "Vader/Anakin kills his own non-existent father???" but it must be Dooku. The scene looks very close to the ROTJ scene.

I wonder if a Jedi could be so powerful he could lightsaber battle without using his hands. I guess it is beyond the Force to be able to do that, but it would kind of be like Funnels from Gundam, taking on a bunch of guys around you with you holding one saber and 3 or 4 floating around you slicing up guys attacking from your backside (since a Jedi can see into the future, he would be able to see blindside attacks Spidey style)

I wonder if a Jedi could be so powerful he could lightsaber battle without using his hands. I guess it is beyond the Force to be able to do that, but it would kind of be like Funnels from Gundam, taking on a bunch of guys around you with you holding one saber and 3 or 4 floating around you slicing up guys attacking from your backside (since a Jedi can see into the future, he would be able to see blindside attacks Spidey style)

I've thought about that too... You could probably do that in the Star Wars RPG if you really wanted to... hmmm... something to try.

Everyone elas eon the boards shouldn't have to censor themselves to please you. If you don't like it you don't have to click on the thread.

I don't want that... but a spoiler warning would have been nice... that's all... not that I REALLY CARE! Cause I was 100% sure that was what would happen and that would be the moment that Anakin turned to the Dark Side... when he struck down a defenesless foe... instead of showing mercy.

my friends and i go to central park sometimes to do some sparring. we got full pads and theres some crazy kung-fu madness going down! :ph34r:

we tried to have a sword fight once but i ended up cutting my friends hand with my katana sooooo.....

we're working on getting some kabuke(sp?) sticks to smack the crap out of each other. :blink:

As long as Hayden doesn't f this scene up, it could be a great part of the flick. I hope I didn't jynx it ... Sam Jackson should've played Anakin :)

Hayden couldn't act his way out of a paper bag...so sadly, I think him f'ing up the scene is in the cards... luckily, they've got a lot of genuinely good actors to balance his suckiness out.

my friends and i go to central park sometimes to do some sparring.  we got full pads and theres some crazy kung-fu madness going down!  :ph34r:

we tried to have a sword fight once but i ended up cutting my friends hand with my katana sooooo.....

we're working on getting some kabuke(sp?) sticks to smack the crap out of each other. :blink:

If you want some good sparring swords that can be used for full contact sparring without full padding (only head and hand protection needed), you can order them from here

Just mention Graham sent you :lol:

Graham