STAR WARS EP III PICS

Mechleader

the vics look good. is that huge thing a skyhook above coruscant? hmmm. i almost thought lucas didnt like using expanded universe stuff.

the pic with the battledroid is good too. i have noticed in the past that lucasfilm will heavily modify the look of a pic they post to keep you guessing. there was a pic of boba and jango that was around when epi2 was being made that had been heavily posterised in photoshop or some other photoediting program.

Edited by HWR MKII

Hummm, isn't there something in the Hyperspace TOS that mentions something against posting Hyperspace-exclusive pics?

i have no clue. they show up on my end , are they not showing up for you?

What's with all these battle scenes? They're so cramped! It's a cinematic effect, but really... space is huge. In order to have a concentration of ships that much over a planet is almost Zentradi in scale (4 million ships).

oh yeah, pissed off Wookies >>> pissed of Ewoks or Jar Jars....but it still sucks that Lucas has to have a mascot race in his movies.

Edited by ComicKaze

I'm not sure about their canon status, but it does make sense. LucasArts has gone to great lengths to keep it all in one universe.

And looking at those pics has taught me something: This trilogy is following the same basic pattern as the first one: Good guy fighting bad guy in 2nd movie, losing his arm in the process. Good guy comes back in 3rd movie to beat bad guy while the Emperor is in audience.

The difference is Luke had the fortitude to turn away from the Dark Side, while Anakin jumped into it, head-first.

I'm asking about KOTOR because, well, for such an obvious display of advanced technology in the SW universe nothing has changed. I mean, KOTOR takes place 4000 years before the OT; it just seems weird that after all that time the most advanced fighter of the late republic era is a rip-off of a fighter flown 4000 years before. One would think after 4000 years someone would have come up with something a little more original.

i think KOTOR would have to be called as canon as lucasfilm will get. it refers to the exar kun wars which are mentioned in many novels.

i just hope that the screen isnt so cramped with detail that its difficult to follow the space battles. i have seen a few movies where that happens.

kotor is origional. the character you play as turns out to be darth revan. its the best plot twist since "no.. i am your father"

And looking at those pics has taught me something: This trilogy is following the same basic pattern as the first one: Good guy fighting bad guy in 2nd movie, losing his arm in the process.  Good guy comes back in 3rd movie to beat bad guy while the Emperor is in audience.

there are many other things as well, in the first film the jedi master is cut down in front of the apprentice, and had a rookie space pilot take out a main enemy complex rather easily. In the second film both movies lacked a real massive space battle, but both movies had a smaller asteroid fight, both movies big battle scene were on the ground and had AT-AT style walkers, both films had a bounty hunter named Fett make a apperance and the main character lost a hand to the main villian. in the third it looks like both films will have a massive space battle in the end (as expected) a battle in front of the emperor with light sabers, and appearently a ground battle with a furry alien using a somewhat primitive style weapon (wookies with crossbows and in the OT ewoks with spears, stones, etc.) from what i heard during the ground battle with the wookies we will see the prototype smaller AT ST types fighting which is the type of vehicle used by the Stormtroopers on Endor against the ewoks. there are alot of other little things as well.

edit: just thought about it i wonder if in the end Darth Tyranus (Dooku) will come back to the side of the light before he dies, much like Darth Vader did at the end of the OT, if so it will probably be during that light saber battle in front of the emperor. maybe he will realize what he has done and face Vader and redeme himself. heck we thought vader was the most bad guy ever but they found a way to bring him back to the side of the light, Dooku was once a noble jedi as well. so you never know.

Edited by zeo-mare

I think Anakin is just going to hand Dooku his ass and that'll be it. The starfight from the pics here is supposed to be the beginning of the movie over Coruscant. Dooku dies there.

as far as i can tell anakin dismembers dooku and thats where grevious steps in as the lightsaber weilding badass. all that happens in the beginning where the emporer is being held "captive" by the seperatists. then the movie continues on from there to set up episode 4 with luke and leia being dispersed at the end, basically episode 3 ends 18 or 19 years before a new hope.

Edited by HWR MKII

i understand that but KOTOR is about as canon as lucasfilm CAN get is what i was trying to say. just like everything else it fits in very well and ties in with other stories that have been written,but doesnt affect the movies at all. again i think thats about as canon as lucas is able to get.i know he doesnt fully accept the expanded universe but he hasnt really done anything to throw the movies and books off track with each other.

Edited by HWR MKII

Actually, Boba Fett died in the Sarlacc pit in the canon continuity. That goes against a LOT of material that is accepted in the Extended Universe.

Lucas has only stated as such during the OT commentary. The only way I'll believe that he actually ment Fett to die in the Saarlac is if he makes a new movie/tv show/whatnot that's post-ROTJ and actually says out loud.

And now that I think about it, KotoR did get a few things wrong. It takes 5,000 years before the Battle of Yavin, but in the game the Sith Lords already had the Rule of Two and were using the name "Darth". In every other timeline, the Sith didn't start those two traditions until 2,000-odd years before the Battle of Yavin.

actually they went to the master/apprentice rule after the whole exar kun affair,which KOTOR happens after. its mentioned in the loading screens. revan and malek hepled defeat exar in the storyline in the game along with a couple hundred other jedi.

Only being a casual SW fan, can somebody please clarify this for me. Does this whole 'rule of 2' thing regarding the Sith mean that there can only ever be 2 Sith, (a master and an apprentice) at one time anywhere in the whole universe?

If the answer to the above question is yes, what would happen if I was a Jedi who wanted to turn to the dark side, but there was a Sith master and apprentice already around? Would I have to get in line and wait until one of them died, before I could call myself a Sith? Or can you be a dark Jedi without being a Sith?

Confused!!!!!!!

Graham

Only being a casual SW fan, can somebody please clarify this for me. Does this whole 'rule of 2' thing regarding the Sith mean that there can only ever be 2 Sith, (a master and an apprentice) at one time anywhere in the whole universe?

http://www.starwars.com/databank/organizat...sith/index.html

OT, KOTOR related. From what I understood, Revan and Malek fought against the Mandalorians. It's Jolee who fought in the Sith Wars with Exar Kun and Nomi Sunrider.

That's how I understood it from playing the game. If anything Revan and Malek would have been to young or not even born to have fought in the first Sith War since that happen around 30 or so years before Knights of the Old Republic takes place I believe.

either way the exar kun affair happened before KOTOR. lucas arts has also tied it into the clone wars with the game by the same name. anakin talks to a holocron of ulic quel droma who was exars second who was also betrayed by exar and his betreyal also started the mandalorian wars mentioned in KOTOR. the remaining mandalorians who followed ulic started it i guess the facts behind that are kind of a grey area but from some of the info its that event which started it .got the graphic novel upstairs for the exar kun sith wars. i want to see some pics of anakin on the reassembly table after his fight with obi wan.

Edited by HWR MKII