BeyondTheGrave

Netflix Altered Carbon

Saw the first 2 episodes an liking it so far. I really like the ai running the hotel 

Saw the first season. Very noir and classy Blade Runner..ish.

it lacks on detail plot in some points but overall a decent series with an interesting concept.

Half way through and I'm liking it. Even when it wanders from the main plot it's still interesting.

I just wish there was a lot less nudity and sex.

• Like 1

It's on my list of things to watch. Probably start it the coming weekend.

Just finished it. I liked it overall and it was nice to see a nice cyber punk TV show that's dark and bladerunner-esque. They prolly coulda toned down the T&A a bit for a wider audience but I wasn't turned off by it too much.

Looking forward to Season 2, though based off the books you're going to see pretty much an entirely new cast, including the main char in a different sleeve since he returned ryker's at the end of book 1

Up to ep 5 and am really liking it so far.  Yes, lots of gratuitous content, which goes double for the violence and gore, but it seems to work and doesn't end up feeling distracting as far as I'm concerned.  I certainly felt the Blade Runner vibe from the scenery alone.  The concept feels fresh, but also very familiar.

On 2/7/2018 at 4:40 PM, Duymon said:

Just finished it. I liked it overall and it was nice to see a nice cyber punk TV show that's dark and bladerunner-esque. They prolly coulda toned down the T&A a bit for a wider audience but I wasn't turned off by it too much.

Reveal hidden contents

Looking forward to Season 2, though based off the books you're going to see pretty much an entirely new cast, including the main char in a different sleeve since he returned ryker's at the end of book 1

Hadn't watched it yet but now that I know there is T&A in it I may watch it soon :p

Edited by TangledThorns

On 06/02/2018 at 6:33 PM, Thom said:

Half way through and I'm liking it. Even when it wanders from the main plot it's still interesting.

I just wish there was a lot less nudity and sex.

Nudity and sex you say.....well, now I'll have to give it a chance.

Edited by peter
  • Upvote 1