Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S/A Reactive Armor

Valkyrie addict

1 hour ago, F360 said:

someone on 2chan tested the armor with the VF-0D and this was the result,  

the rest can not attach due to difference in molding and extra wings and other parts.

1486890317626.thumb.jpg.d62459c5b11ba3a7c6eddf21c64ffcc1.jpg

And next to a Bandai

1486875980494.thumb.jpg.8821b9d8bd06527e34e76be1770f9fdd.jpg

Nice display option...pop in a GBP in between and it looks like a generational evolution in armor packs...B))

OD with armor arms looks like a RPG beserker/warrior class character, just missing a sword to hold...^_^

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I think it would look pretty badass on the VF-0D if it did fit.

Nah. Wrong shade of blue, sir. :lol: 

1 hour ago, neko878 said:

Does anyone have some scene pics they can share from the ova when they used the reactive armor?

From OVA Episode 3. VF-0S in Armor starts at 20:00. Missile barrage at 20:13.

Here's a snapshot just in case the video doesn't load.

n698iNY.png

EdCyhv8.png

drA0Ubo.png

pLR4Ao6.png

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

From OVA Episode 3. VF-0S in Armor starts at 20:00. Missile barrage at 20:13.

Here's a snapshot just in case the video doesn't load.

n698iNY.png

EdCyhv8.png

drA0Ubo.png

pLR4Ao6.png

Thank you!!  I forgot how awesome that scene was in the series.  Can't wait for this add-on to arrive! :D

Edited by neko878

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Saw this in a shop in Hong Kong last Friday at the Ins-Point mall for HK$1,380 (US$177), but I didn't buy as I don't have any Arcadia VF-0 toys.

You should really grab a VF-0S, it is flawless and the color scheme is very attracting. I really like the 0D and 0A, but thats probably because I don't have the falling legs issue. The engineering is really good and the tolerances are very tight. Among all my Macross stuff the new VF-0 are the ones that feel the less as "toys" and the more "collectibles"

3 hours ago, Graham said:

Saw this in a shop in Hong Kong last Friday at the Ins-Point mall for HK$1,380 (US$177), but I didn't buy as I don't have any Arcadia VF-0 toys.

Arcadia's 0S is one of the absolute best Macross toys ever released. I consider it a must-have for any serious Macross collector. :wub:

The only downside is that Arcadia's releases are rather light on the tampo printing. 

Maybe we'll see a premium finish version someday? :rolleyes:

47 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Arcadia's 0S is one of the absolute best Macross toys ever released. I consider it a must-have for any serious Macross collector. :wub:

The only downside is that Arcadia's releases are rather light on the tampo printing. 

And it would only cost $150 more!

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Yep just can't seem to bring myself to pay those kind of prices for such a bare toy.  The fact is that I just don't have the time anymore that Arcadia releases demand of me to bring it up to a respectable display level to match the others in my collection.

4 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

And it would only cost $150 more!

LOL Aint't that the truth!!!

I wished I had a VF-0S to put this baby onto, but never managed to find one at a price I could swallow for what they manufacture.  It's a beautiful scheme though.

10 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Yep just can't seem to bring myself to pay those kind of prices for such a bare toy.  The fact is that I just don't have the time anymore that Arcadia releases demand of me to bring it up to a respectable display level to match the others in my collection.

That's a serious mistake.  The 0S out of package looks perfect, it doesn't need any additional tampo.  I have two and I really had a hard time deciding if I even wanted to put decals on them.  It has the kites, the skulls, a few other things... the scheme just works without anything extra.  As a matter of fact I don't have any decals on my two VF-1S's either.  Roy's scheme doesn't need any of that, it's perfect as is.

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

That's a serious mistake.  The 0S out of package looks perfect, it doesn't need any additional tampo.  I have two and I really had a hard time deciding if I even wanted to put decals on them.  It has the kites, the skulls, a few other things... the scheme just works without anything extra.  As a matter of fact I don't have any decals on my two VF-1S's either.  Roy's scheme doesn't need any of that, it's perfect as is.

I know what you're saying, Roy's white, black and yellow scheme is my favourite of all of them too!  But it would stand out in my personal collections as I have detailed every one of my toys. so this would stand out like a sore thumb (aside from the exorbitant price tag they are asking for - I always feel ripped off by Arcadia these days, not a nice feeling to have after being parted of $400-$500CAD dollars at a time).  I don't mind spending lots of money if it makes me feel good in the end, but its been once too many that I have been disappointed and burned with Arcadia.

BTW, its not the reactive armor, it looks fantastic and the price is ok too, its the VF-0S, and I wouldn't be able to just get one, one has to be in aircraft mode while the other wears this pretty armor - so 2 VF-0S is out of the question!

Edited by wm cheng

I can understand where Mr cheng is coming from regarding wanting to detail up your valks and not having time to do so. 

Of course Bandai valks may have more printing, but it's not like they come out of the box washed and weathered either. :p And Bandai prices are climbing pretty high too. 

On a side note I picked up my second 0S during a Hobby Search sale, so I think I paid around 24k yen for it. And I recall the 0A being discounted as low as $160 on HLJ. I should have waited! :blink: