Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

4 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Received a big haul from "From Japan" today!

Got a relatively good deal on everything because of the various promotions they were running (10% off rakuten, 20% off EMS shipping) and no currency conversion fees. 

I'm particularly happy about the low viz limited version. It's MISB and set me back $230 USD shipped via EMS. That was with 1800 yen tax because it was purchased from a store. Not too bad considering someone on the board tried to sell me one for 400 USD :lol:

I think the only 1/48 out there that I don't have, and really want, is the VF-1J stealth super set B))

All of my wildest dreams are coming true; I love you macross :wub: lol

IMG_2122.JPG

Now that is an amazing haul, from one 1/48 fan to another, Congrats!!! 

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! With all the new announcements for MLs and HMR, it's gonna be expensive!

Yeah.  It will be.

IMG_4570.thumb.JPG.2ae95610aeb5aeec6eb137cfef59e28e.JPG

Beast has been added to the team.

Edited by sh9000

On 7/21/2017 at 11:01 PM, Lolicon said:

Nice. The super pack-only set appears on Mandarake from time to time, if you just wanted those.

Actually, I got tired of waiting and decided on getting the cheapest one from Mandarake at Y11000. The last standalone release sold at YJA for Y9600, I believe. And that's without proxy and shipping fees yet. Atleast for Y11000, I got a 'free' Roy VF-1S. ^_^ But seriously, this transforming toy really feels small in my hands. But somehow fits with the rest of my Gundam Robot Damashii's. Hahaha! 

22 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Congrats on getting the HM VF-1S Roy.  How much did you pay for the Mospeada book?

Thanks! I got the book for Y5000 at Mandarake. I've been ignoring this book ever since and forgot to buy it when I bought all those VF books last month. So when I saw the last two copies available this month, I grabbed one. There's still one available as I'm replying this, so grab it now. It's a great book. ;) 

19 hours ago, Darotower said:

Mospeada Book is the ultimate edition! Congrats on getting it and the rest of the stuff!

Thanks Darotower! I'm really loving it. ;)

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks! I got the book for Y5000 at Mandarake. I've been ignoring this book ever since and forgot to buy it when I bought all those VF books last month. So when I saw the last two copies available this month, I grabbed one. There's still one available as I'm replying this, so grab it now. It's a great book. ;) 

And just like that I bought the book.  B))

On July 22, 2017 at 1:56 AM, no3Ljm said:

I only bought this set for the TV Super Packs... 

I have done the same, and more than once. Those 1/100 super parts are getting tough to find at anything close reasonable prices. If you can find a good deal on the HM Roy, it's not that much more than what the standalone super part set is going for. I recently scored a loose, complete HM VF-1S on YJA (through Buyee) for just Y7750 including fees and shipping. I also found a partly-used HM super parts sticker sheet on Ebay for $0.75 :D

5 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I have done the same, and more than once. Those 1/100 super parts are getting tough to find at anything close reasonable prices. If you can find a good deal on the HM Roy, it's not that much more than what the standalone super part set is going for. I recently scored a loose, complete HM VF-1S on YJA (through Buyee) for just Y7750 including fees and shipping. I also found a partly-used HM super parts sticker sheet on Ebay for $0.75 :D

Damn that was you on YJA.  Just kidding.  :D  I have one more set of Super Parts coming in but I think I'll stop after that.

Edited by sh9000

15 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Now that is an amazing haul, from one 1/48 fan to another, Congrats!!! 

Thank you! I enjoy the 1/48 VF-1's and am thrilled to add these to my collection :D

11 hours ago, sh9000 said:

And just like that I bought the book.  B))

Nice! :)

11 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I might also do a eBay route for those 1/72 waterslide decals just to get a small U.N.Spacy logo. ;)

IMG_4658.thumb.JPG.d47313dde90abafda94e0c184895dc0e.JPG

Got another set of HM VF-1 Super Parts.

IMG_4668.thumb.JPG.604f3773c3b1a555c3bbeb3dbeb34f06.JPG

Also got ML Iceman and Psylocke.  I painted up Psylocke.  Now they are added to the team.  B))

Edited by sh9000

On 7/24/2017 at 7:17 PM, 505thAirborne said:

Amazing pics Saburo!! Your eye & camera are a precision team! B))

Thank you for your kind words @505thAirborne.

On 7/24/2017 at 7:50 PM, seti88 said:

Saburo x Gundam! :yahoo:

As much as I like Gundam series, this is one of the few Gundam toys I have. :lol:

On 7/25/2017 at 3:04 AM, no3Ljm said:

Sweet! :wub: 

Thank you :D

Edited by Saburo

12 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Got my Amiami shipment and a set of clear VF-1 parts from Jungle ^_^

36166611535_4e994a0856_b.jpg

Nice! ;)

But why Bandai? Why not use the traditional Setsuna MB Gundam Boxes design to make it consistent? :huh:

1 minute ago, Capedbaldy said:

What's the plastic quality on those gundam kits?

The one Anubis posted is Metal Build and not regular Gunpla kits. Metal Build are already built. Plastic used on the Metal Build ones are thicker ABS plastics with Diecast Metal for the inner frame.

Edited by no3Ljm

So I pre-ordered this march 1st, 2016. 16 and a half months later I've finally got her. I've got one of every character in the line now, although there's a couple specific figures I need before I feel like I've got a complete set. still nice to have though.

36003850402_63f09b9ed3_k.jpgBelial, the Image of Vainglory by Michael Ringot, on Flickr

36003856552_1385a1fb15_k.jpgBelial, the Image of Vainglory by Michael Ringot, on Flickr

Edited by anime52k8

6 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Got my Amiami shipment and a set of clear VF-1 parts from Jungle ^_^

Nice. You gotta snap some pics of that Nerv Eva-Godzilla. That thing looks so frickin' cool.

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice! ;)

But why Bandai? Why not use the traditional Setsuna MB Gundam Boxes design to make it consistent? :huh:

The SS/G isn't piloted by Setsuna, right? Or at all, really, if I remember correctly. It was simulation data, same as the Full Saber Quanta, from whatever that side story was. 00V, I think.

Edited by kajnrig

7 minutes ago, spanner said:

SICK!!! looks awesome mate! 

Good to see a 1:18 car back in the thread! :good:

Thanks man! I remember now you were the one that mentioned Otto cars don't have any opening doors or anything and I wish it had that or  at least wheels that can be turned to different angles but otherwise, the detail is fantastic from the exterior to the interior. The closeup pictures I took bring out a lot of flaws but I never noticed anything but beauty in my hands. It's super solid, like a chunk of mostly metal. I'm really glad I got my hands on this one for sure. 

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice! ;)

Yea Bandai is all over the place with the art boxes for Metal Builds. Personally im not a fan of the cheesy CG art on this one <_< 

11 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Nice haul anubis! I see you got a Freyja figure too. B))

Just like everyone else :lol:

35786537210_18925600d8_b.jpg

6 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Nice. You gotta snap some pics of that Nerv Eva-Godzilla. That thing looks so frickin' cool.

The SS/G isn't piloted by Setsuna, right? Or at all, really, if I remember correctly. It was simulation data, same as the Full Saber Quanta, from whatever that side story was. 00V, I think.

Shiryu is what i was the most excited to get in that package. I'll mess with it later on today and snap some pics. 

I have no clue whats the story with the 7S, never really got into the MSV stories of 00. All I know is I like the designs and I really want a Metal Build Astrea Type F :wub:

Edited by anubis20

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Got my RS4!

Audi_1_18_RS4_DSC05931.jpg

Nice 1/18 car.  The only 1/18 car I'm still considering getting is another 1/18 Knight Rider for $50 shipped that I can easily convert into first appearance KARR.

I should be getting MS Colossus and ML Archangel today!

49 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Nice 1/18 car.  The only 1/18 car I'm still considering getting is another 1/18 Knight Rider for $50 shipped that I can easily convert into first appearance KARR.

I should be getting MS Colossus and ML Archangel today!

Thanks! I haven't got any "fantasy" 1/18 cars yet and I'm kinda glad. Would be yet another line of things I have no money or space for, lol!

Glad to see people getting the Nerv Anti-G. Mine should arrive someday and I'm highly anticipating it. Should go nicely with my SHMA and NECA Monsters. My Walkure SHF figures are also packed together on the way to me with 1:60 Hikaru 1S and some other goodies too. Now that I think about it, I have several other packages from all over on the way to me.

Also just got some MLs including Dark Phoenix/Cyclops, Jackal to complete my Sandman BAF and SDCC Commander Gree.