Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

39 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Awesome, I'm still undecided on whether to get the Xabungle, I haven't watched the show either.  That box art is sweet though.

I'm not even going to look at that Guyver 3 for fear of going down that road...

Odd...that's not my quote but I agree. I haven't shipped my Xabungle yet but looking forward to it!

Edited by Slave IV

Congrats to the people who got the HMR Xabungle.  It looks like a cool toy.  I originally had it preordered but cancelled it to mainly collect HMR Macross and Dougram.  If Bandai made HMR Dorvack toys I'd definitely buy them.

On 2017-07-10 at 6:16 PM, Lorindor said:

Unfortunately for my wallet, I recently discovered Yahoo Auctions Japan and Buyee. The first shipment came in today. :D

thumbnail_DSC_0046.thumb.jpg.47925baf42720c598cc837174e1ac125.jpg

The second and third shipment recently came in just a few days apart. It's a more mixed bag this time, but there's still some Macross goodness in there. ^_^

Too bad that the VF-11C box was damaged during shipping. It just had too happen to the my most expensive Valk toy ever. <_< But the toy is fine at least.

thumbnail_DSC_0068.thumb.jpg.32d2048c2612727e007e52a0080dae80.jpg

Edited by Lorindor

20 hours ago, Lorindor said:

The second and third shipment recently came in just a few days apart. It's a more mixed bag this time, but there's still some Macross goodness in there. ^_^

Too bad that the VF-11C box was damaged during shipping. It just had too happen to the my most expensive Valk toy ever. <_< But the toy is fine at least.

thumbnail_DSC_0068.thumb.jpg.32d2048c2612727e007e52a0080dae80.jpg

Nice pickups, that xabungle and the government type timp custom are very tempting.  I've never seen the show so I'm able to resist for now hahaha

23 hours ago, Boobytrap said:

Nice box you got there. The RS Kshatriya is one of my favorite toys. If I had to pick only one RS it would be that one easily. Have fun with the funnels.

Thanks! Looking forward to the crazy poses with the funnels!

23 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Awesome, I'm still undecided on whether to get the Xabungle, I haven't watched the show either.  That box art is sweet though.

I'm not even going to look at that Guyver 3 for fear of going down that road...

After playing with the HMR Xabungle for a couple of days I feel it was worth it. For being close in price to the Dougram it has a lot more options and a transformation gimmick. If you like the HMR Dougram you will like the Xabungle. All the joints are perfectly tolerance, lots of weapon choices, and it can do any pose you want. The diecast is the feet make it really easy to pose, no worrying about it falling over. Plus they used diecast the armature for the cockpit of the lower half. I can't see that breaking during transformation by accident.  

And the Guyver 3 figma is a slippery slope. I picked up Guyver 1 for a reasonable price and was really impressed with figma. I have the three Guyvers and will pre-order the Bloodborne figma once that goes up (come on already!). Plus the Dark Souls knight and I have the Deadpool figma on pre-order. So very slippery slope, my more wallet. 

Seeing multiple people receive their Guyver III from HLJ prompted me to contact them to see why they hadn't charged me yet. Apparently they received a lot less than they expected and won't be able to fill their orders. They said they filled the orders in chronological order. So even though I pre-ordered on 1/6 I was still too late to the party. Wish they would have let me know without me having to follow up with them. :angry:

Thankfully I was able to find a shop in the US with a reasonable price and free shipping. In the end I probably paid less so it worked out. 

If you haven't received your payment request better find one somewhere else while you can.

48 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

Seeing multiple people receive their Guyver III from HLJ prompted me to contact them to see why they hadn't charged me yet. Apparently they received a lot less than they expected and won't be able to fill their orders. They said they filled the orders in chronological order. So even though I pre-ordered on 1/6 I was still too late to the party. Wish they would have let me know without me having to follow up with them. :angry:

Thankfully I was able to find a shop in the US with a reasonable price and free shipping. In the end I probably paid less so it worked out. 

If you haven't received your payment request better find one somewhere else while you can.

Is your order still sitting in the Open Orders section? Likely they've been trying to get more stock to fulfill more orders, thus why they didn't contact you just yet. Once they were reasonably sure they wouldn't be able to fulfill the order, then they would let you know they have to cancel your order. It's what they did for me when a model kit I ordered was discontinued.

It's a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, I think. If they had let everyone know they were short on stock and were working on getting more, likely a lot of people would cancel their preorders and they would end up with more restock than they need to fulfill orders. At least this way they know exactly how many orders they need, though yeah it does result in some irritated customers.

That said, kudos on it all working out in the end.

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Nice pickups, that xabungle and the government type timp custom are very tempting.  I've never seen the show so I'm able to resist for now hahaha

Thanks!

Yeah, I haven't seen Xabungle either, but I like the mecha designs. I didn't get in a preorder for the HMR, but then I found out that this one cost less AND includes a bonus model kit, so I opted for this one instead. I haven't had time to open it yet though.

However, my personal favorite in the lot is the MOSPEADA doujinshi. Quite a few neat illustrations in it.

Edited by Lorindor

Yes, it is still open and they said they are trying to fill it. My problem is that these things can sell out fast. If I sit around waiting for them to fill it I may miss out altogether (or have to pay inflated ebay prices). I just would have preferred that they let me know the situation up front so that I would know what is going on and decide how to address it ASAP.

It's a minor irritation, but an irritation none the less.

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

They are! I need to open mine!

You should.  I'm wondering if I can use one of the extra heads to make a custom Storm.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I still can't find these things...

I guess keep checking the TRU site.

3 minutes ago, Mommar said:

It's never been available there.  And the people in my stores in town claim they aren't going to receive any.

That's where Slave IV and I ordered ours.

4 minutes ago, Mommar said:

It's never been available there.  And the people in my stores in town claim they aren't going to receive any.

I got mine from TRU.com (with the help of sh9000)...It's the only place I can ever get exclusive figures. They will show up again and you just have to be ready to pounce when it does. Pretty lame and I'm getting sick of the games we have to play as adults to get adult collectible items but just gotta deal with it or pay the higher price elsewhere if you want this stuff.

Opened up Guyver III. Beautiful action figure! He's taller than Guyver I, as he should be. Thought Max Factory would get lazy and just reuse the exact same body and proportions. ^_^

My only gripe with Guyver I was that the mega-smasher caused the chest plates to bulge out too much. Guyver III comes with a swappable chest that has no mega-smasher. Another chest plate is included for the crossed arm pose. B))

598a487a8bbed_figmaGuyversnostands.thumb.jpg.0420ecdfbf16a23b8cb5133862561084.jpg

Edited by Lolicon
Removed stands

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Still waiting for Max Factory to release Lisker's Guyver II. It's just a recolor with a tiny modification to the head. What's taking so long? -_-

I'm eagerly awaiting that one as well. Really hoping they also give us a Guyver 0.

Lisker Guyver II is actually more than a re-color though. Besides the head difference he has a larger body since he is older than Sho. And while very close almost everything is different on the armor like the chest hoses, ab plates, calves, etc...

As long as they get it right, like they have been doing, I'm willing to wait (hopefully not as long as between Guyver I and Guyver II F).

3 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

I'm eagerly awaiting that one as well. Really hoping they also give us a Guyver 0.

Lisker Guyver II is actually more than a re-color though. Besides the head difference he has a larger body since he is older than Sho. And while very close almost everything is different on the armor like the chest hoses, ab plates, calves, etc...

As long as they get it right, like they have been doing, I'm willing to wait (hopefully not as long as between Guyver I and Guyver II F).

Yeah you're right. Should be a totally different head and probably some small differences in the body armor, much like III. Been a long time since I've watched the Guyver series. ^_^

Went ahead and ordered the figma Guyver II-F. Movie color version, because the maroon color doesn't sit right with me, even if it is canon. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah you're right. Should be a totally different head and probably some small differences in the body armor, much like III. Been a long time since I've watched the Guyver series. ^_^

Went ahead and ordered the figma Guyver II-F. Movie color version, because the maroon color doesn't sit right with me, even if it is canon. :lol:

Good choice! I went ahead and got them both since I am a sucker for Guyver figs but the purple one is much more visually appealing. They also went with a more refined swappable chest like Guyver III so I think you'll like the figure.

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I got mine from TRU.com (with the help of sh9000)...It's the only place I can ever get exclusive figures. They will show up again and you just have to be ready to pounce when it does. Pretty lame and I'm getting sick of the games we have to play as adults to get adult collectible items but just gotta deal with it or pay the higher price elsewhere if you want this stuff.

The link has only ever said sold out and there's a notify me I've signed up for that has never actually sent a notification.

This is all I've seen in four weeks:

IMG_0098.thumb.PNG.5ddd8c1d8223165feea9f50b847ffbad.PNG

Edited by Mommar

It was available online on 7/15.  The reason why I sent you the link is because I thought you didn't know about it since you wrote that the set has never been available online.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

The link has only ever said sold out and there's a notify me I've signed up for that has never actually sent a notification.

This is all I've seen in four weeks:

IMG_0098.thumb.PNG.5ddd8c1d8223165feea9f50b847ffbad.PNG

It's obviously been available at some point because most people I heard from got it there. You just missed it. Like with Macross toys, you gotta be quick. Sometimes relying on an email alert won't be fast enough so you gotta check back often or follow threads where people post about it like here for Macross. Anyway, if I see it available again, I'll try to pm you. 

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

It was available online on 7/15.  The reason why I sent you the link is because I thought you didn't know about it since you wrote that the set has never been available online.

There's a figure reviewer who goes by Jay C who released a video that day saying it was available online and when I checked it said it wasn't available in my region.  The next day it said sold out and that's all I've ever seen.

Got a damn good deal on a set of super/Strike parts on Yahoo Auctions, though FromJapan charges extortion prices on shipping... it did arrive in less than 24 hours.  After all of these years my DYRL Vermillion Squad finally all have their super parts.

IMG_0100.thumb.JPG.4b29cfd450db958b48756cd742499276.JPG