Gakken85

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Very nice display cabinets!  That's is some serious dedication to drive 8 hours back and forth.  You must have a pretty big truck and drove very carefully with all that fragile glass.  I'm guessing that they came disassembled and you had to put them together.  Post one shelf at a time as you fill it, and then the final version if you can so we can follow along.  :lol:

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

I decided I didn't like the brass cases I got (they never made it in from the shop) and put them up for sale. Drove 8hrs round trip today to go pick these babies up. Holy shelf space Batman! Holy bright LED's! They're huge! 78 x 40 x16.5! Time to fill them up.

Holy crap, they're heavy!

Gonna put a Detolf on each side.

Ignore my crappy office carpet. I didn't realize it was that bad......

Cabinets.jpg

I see no carpet, just two awesome display cases!! B))

6 hours ago, ChristopherB said:

Very nice display cabinets!  That's is some serious dedication to drive 8 hours back and forth.  You must have a pretty big truck and drove very carefully with all that fragile glass.  I'm guessing that they came disassembled and you had to put them together.  Post one shelf at a time as you fill it, and then the final version if you can so we can follow along.  :lol:

Just a F-150 with a 6.5' bed. I couldn't close the tailgate. Missed it by about an inch (story of my life!). That wasn't a problem, I have TONS of straps. I would have to roll the truck to get the cabs out. And at that point the cabs are the least of my worries!!:shok:

Strapping them down and padding them so they wouldn't get damaged was nerve wracking. I had blankets covering them and then heavy gauge cardboard over that at contact points. And a lot of straps. But once in and loaded I was pretty confident.. I set the cruise control at 78mph and hammer'd the drive out non stop.

The 8hr drive saved me $1700 over buying them new (that's includes gas money). That's $212.50/hr. Not too bad when you look at it that way.;)

They don't disassemble. Which was nice in the sense that I didn't spend the time. Bad in the sense that they're HEAVY! My estimate is 300# and no good way to grab them. If they had "bars" to grab it would have been a lot easier. Loading them in was easy because the pick up point was set up really well to do it. Getting them in the house was a different matter. I'm pretty damn strong (305 bench, 550 deadlift, 415 squat) and by the time the second one was in my office I was done. I wouldn't have wanted to move another because of a fear of dropping it. Thank goodness my neighbor is a ex college football lineman. He's not in that kind of shape anymore, but he is still a monster.

My VF-31 itches have now all been scratched.  

The 25S Armor is truly impressive. Just need to grab Ozma's Super Armor at some point and I will have that box on my list checked, as well.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

On 9/6/2019 at 11:04 AM, vlenhoff said:

So, this happened...

481943217_tiebox.thumb.jpg.7f4889d8c8eee335945cef809aa08de6.jpg

About 49% off including shipping, on Ebay. These used to go for 80 bucks.

I really need them to re-release Vader's tie and the bomber, then I'll have one of each fighter.  Sadly I paid the original $80 when I saw it on the shelf, but considering the size and detail, I can't even say I regret it that much.  The trouble with heavy discounts is that it tempts me to buy more of them, and then I run out of space even faster. :lol: 

This little birdy came out today. I think Voltron is up next.

21.5.jpg

21.jpg

Edited by sqidd

Nice pickups and displays!

Another shot of this guy since I just got back into the office to be able to mess with it again.

Gundam_MC_Zaku3.jpg.5553fbad4920addc669591c31e490e30.jpg

Locked and loaded!

I want that zaku so bad but I don’t need him or have any space for him.  Maaaybe I’ll start selling old things for my new wants. 

4 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

I want that zaku so bad but I don’t need him or have any space for him.  Maaaybe I’ll start selling old things for my new wants. 

I didn't "need" it either but as any kind of Gundam fan (I'm a very light Gundam fan), I feel that getting it puts a cap on my Gundam collection so I never need another one or a RX-78-2 again after I get the two of them together in Metal Composite form. Of course, they announced the CF green version so after experiencing how great this one is, I'll "need" one of those too.:lol:

12 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice pickups and displays!

Another shot of this guy since I just got back into the office to be able to mess with it again.

Gundam_MC_Zaku3.jpg.5553fbad4920addc669591c31e490e30.jpg

Locked and loaded!

Did he come with the stand?

I ordered one of this guy after I saw yours.;)

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Did he come with the stand?

I ordered one of this guy after I saw yours.;)

Yes, it comes with the typical Metal Build/Metal Composite type adjustable stand with model number and specs printed on it.

11 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yes, it comes with the typical Metal Build/Metal Composite type adjustable stand with model number and specs printed on it.

Nice!

24 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I didn't "need" it either but as any kind of Gundam fan (I'm a very light Gundam fan), I feel that getting it puts a cap on my Gundam collection so I never need another one or a RX-78-2 again after I get the two of them together in Metal Composite form. Of course, they announced the CF green version so after experiencing how great this one is, I'll "need" one of those too.:lol:

Oh man a green one. Ok I’ll def have to get that. 

Got these in today and I have to say im very impressed with the Rick Hunter figure. My only complaint is that it seems way too tall. If they keep the correct scale Roy is going to be super tall :blink:

New Purchase 09/09/2019 Kitz Concept Rick Hunter Kitz Concept Rick Hunter Kitz Concept Rick Hunter Kitz Concept Rick Hunter

My favorite pic ^_^

Kitz Concept Rick Hunter

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

This little birdy came out today. I think Voltron is up next.

21.5.jpg

21.jpg

Looks real nice. Makes me want to reassemble mine. It's in pieces somewhere. But where's the head antenna/lazer?

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

3 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Looks real nice. Makes me want to reassemble mine. It's in pieces somewhere. But where's the head antenna/lazer?

Great catch! I flaked on that. Thanks!

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

D1979E4E-121C-448B-BE8C-522349A96A13.thumb.jpeg.e28dedc0b19c57ad8f0d4ee44dafbe6b.jpeg

How tall is this? Who makes it? Link maybe? I want to get some Aliens and just started looking into it. I'm not sure I want to spring for the Hot Toys one though.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:
7 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Got these in today and I have to say im very impressed with the Rick Hunter figure. My only complaint is that it seems way too tall. If they keep the correct scale Roy is going to be super tall :blink:

Kitz Concept Rick Hunter  

Simone posted a pic in the thread about these where they modded the legs and he looks more proportional. I don't know where the thread is sorry.

YAY!  My DX Chogokin VF-171 Nightmare Plus + Armored Parts arrived in the mail today...

image.png.fa0f477692381b96085727a1476058e5.png

Ummm...  Mandarake.... ummm.... this does not look like the Macross toy I was expecting.  

(sigh) Time to email their customer support... (sigh)

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

Whoops!  :lol:

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

How tall is this? Who makes it? Link maybe?

That's the latest NECA release, from their new Alien Resurrection line.  It stands about nine inches, fully erect.

I ordered mine from BigBadToyStore.com.

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

Simone posted a pic in the thread about these where they modded the legs and he looks more proportional.

Who's Simone?  :huh:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/44143-kitz-concept-robotech-toy-line/?do=findComment&comment=1482839

14 minutes ago, tekering said:

Who's Simone?  :huh:

He's a friend of That Guy.:D

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

How tall is this? Who makes it? Link maybe? I want to get some Aliens and just started looking into it. I'm not sure I want to spring for the Hot Toys one though.

Thanks!

That's a NECA figure.  They're about 9" iirc, but they do vary over different versions.  As poseables go, NECA is the biggest, most accurate, and have made all of the various aliens and humans from the series.  I only know of Figuarts as another manufacturer of poseable Alien figures, but there may be others.  Knockoffs of these abound in identical packaging, and I did buy one from China just to see.  It seemed to be from the same factory as it was identical with a loose knee, so I think they're just QC rejects. 

As for quality, it could be better, but that goes for just about anything.  The joints tend to be a bit too tight on some, too loose on others, and I had an elbow snap off of one of mine because it's only a small 2mm round peg that holds the joints to the major bits.  I've also found that the translucent head coverings tend to pull up at the edges sometimes.  Otherwise, they're pretty awesome figures.

I highly recommend that, if you're going to get into Alien figures, you jump on the preorder for the re-release of the Cat Power Loader from Aliens.  ...and a queen of course... oh, and you'll want the "Rescuing Newt" 2 figure set to go with the power loader so that you can get the proper "dirty" Ripley to go in the loader.  The other one looks way too clean and perfect, especially with the weathering on the loader.  That can come out any time now NECA!!!  I'm very impatient after being promised it in August, especially since I have EVERY OTHER ALIEN now waiting in my pile o' loot.

Edit: YES!!! I literally JUST got the email saying it was due in the next few days.  There's going to be robot vs alien fight very soon! :aggressive::yahoo:

Edited by Pontus

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Whoops!  :lol:

Whoops is right.

I wonder if Mandarake will have me ship this back to them. I assume they will cover the return shipping cost?

3 minutes ago, Pontus said:

That's a NECA figure.  They're about 9" iirc, but they do vary over different versions.  As poseables go, NECA is the biggest, most accurate, and have made all of the various aliens and humans from the series.  I only know of Figuarts as another manufacturer of poseable Alien figures, but there may be others.  Knockoffs of these abound in identical packaging, and I did buy one from China just to see.  It seemed to be from the same factory as it was identical with a loose knee, so I think they're just QC rejects. 

As for quality, it could be better, but that goes for just about anything.  The joints tend to be a bit too tight on some, too loose on others, and I had an elbow snap off of one of mine because it's only a small 2mm round peg that holds the joints to the major bits.  I've also found that the translucent head coverings tend to pull up at the edges sometimes.  Otherwise, they're pretty awesome figures.

I highly recommend that, if you're going to get into Alien figures, you jump on the preorder for the re-release of the Cat Power Loader from Aliens.  ...and a queen of course... oh, and you'll want the "Rescuing Newt" 2 figure set to go with the power loader so that you can get the proper "dirty" Ripley to go in the loader.  The other one looks way too clean and perfect, especially with the weathering on the loader.  That can come out any time now NECA!!!  I'm very impatient after being promised it in August, especially since I have EVERY OTHER ALIEN now waiting in my pile o' loot.

Thanks for the overview. I was just eyeballing the NECA stuff on BBTS. Looks like good stuff. Lot's of pre orders going on right now. I'd LOVE to get that 1/4 scale (22" tall) bad boy! Where would I put it though!:D The power loader is awesome! And the price is super fair. I guess it's time to pre order some stuff!

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Thanks for the overview. I was just eyeballing the NECA stuff on BBTS. Looks like good stuff. Lot's of pre orders going on right now. I'd LOVE to get that 1/4 scale (22" tall) bad boy! Where would I put it though!:D The power loader is awesome! And the price is super fair. I guess it's time to pre order some stuff!

Thanks!

If you look up the reviews of the previous 1/4 scale figures, they aren't all that articulated like the smaller ones are.  The new ones look the same, but I ordered one anyway.  I wish they'd do a 1/4 scale queen, but since the smaller one was $100, I doubt I could afford a big one.

I recently found a thread where a guy modded his power loader to be a bit more like the movie.  But he didn't do the light on top.  I found this to do so from the RC community.  It might be a little bit big tho.  We'll see.

Edited by Pontus