Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

28 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I have no idea who this guy. Is. But I want one!

You are in for a serious treat if you have not yet experienced Metal Build or Metal Composite figures (or even if you have). This is only the third one I have in my collection and I’m not a big enough Gundam fan to get anything but some favorite/classic/key figures like this one. The MB/MC is what most consider the finest line of non Super or Transforming Robots ever made. The engineering and overall quality are are top notch. 

25 minutes ago, kkx said:

@sqiddThat is the trouble of visiting this forum. I end up wanting so many things.

Not healthy for my wallet. :( 

This Zaku will set me back $300 or more.

Congrats @Slave IV, it looks really nice.

Haha yeah, so true! And Thanks!

Edited by Slave IV

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

You are in for a serious treat if you have not yet experienced Metal Build or Metal Composite figures (or even if you have). This is only the third one I have in my collection and I’m not a big enough Gundam fan to get anything but some favorite/classic/key figures like this one. The MB/MC is what most consider the finest line of non Super or Transforming Robots ever made. The engineering and overall quality are are top notch. 

I'm only able to judge it aesthetically (pretty much my primary motivator with most toys). I really have no idea what Gundam is (TV show? Movie? Video game? Comic? All of them?) so I have zero emotional attachment (like I do with Macross). And I still give it a 10 out of 10. Dammit, I thought I was done buying toys this week!:D

12 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I'm only able to judge it aesthetically (pretty much my primary motivator with most toys). I really have no idea what Gundam is (TV show? Movie? Video game? Comic? All of them?) so I have zero emotional attachment (like I do with Macross). And I still give it a 10 out of 10. Dammit, I thought I was done buying toys this week!:D

Yeah, all of the above and basically the granddaddy of the “real robot” genre. If looks are all you care about and would like to save some money and space (depending on how many you buy:D), I recommend you look into the Robot Damashii line which are smaller, mostly plastic versions of Gundam suits. In your terms, Metal Build And Metal Composite are comparable to DX or Arcadia from Macross and Robot Damashii is comparable to Hi-Metal R. All great figures, just different size and level of commitment. 

If you read my recent posts about how I think the non-transforming figures are the best in the HMR line, you can kind of apply the same logic to MB/MC. Since these figures don’t transform, they put a lot more thought and resources into the engineering...with stuff like metal skeletons and panels that slide and fold away into each other with silky smoothness to accommodate the incredible articulation they have. 

Edited by Slave IV

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, all of the above and basically the granddaddy of the “real robot” genre. If looks are all you care about and would like to save some money and space (depending on how many you buy:D), I recommend you look into the Robot Damashii line which are smaller, mostly plastic versions of Gundam suits. In your terms, Metal Build And Metal Composite are comparable to DX or Arcadia from Macross and Robot Damashii is comparable to Hi-Metal R. All great figures, just different size and level of commitment. 

I'm a big toy guy. I was thinking this one was a little on the ....little side. I'm not going smaller!:p

31 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Just bought one.8)

Good man!

now you actually “need” one of these to go with it. 

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1118521468&ref=list&keyword=RX-78-2&lang=en

Consider them “arch enemies”. 

If it matters to you, this is the latest version of it that was released same time as the Zaku you just bought. 

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/27634-gundam-fix-figuration-metal-composite-rx-78-02-gundam-40th-anniversary-ver-.html

Mine is on the way. 

Edited by Slave IV

9 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Good man!

now you actually “need” one of these to go with it. 

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1118521468&ref=list&keyword=RX-78-2&lang=en

Consider them “arch enemies”. 

That guy isn't really doing it for me aesthetically. Not bad, but not firing me up. I just took a look at the rest of the line. This dude on the other hand looks awesome (to me)!

s-l640 (1).jpg

Edited by sqidd

Loots that arrived this week. Really not actively looking for a ThreeZero Atlas, but appeared while I'm browsing some Gundams/Macross items in Yahoo Auction. It's used but in very good condition, so basically a somewhat impulse bid and was surprised to get it significantly below its original SRP (brand new right now is already at least double the SRP). Also got another 'used' MB Exia. Not sure if Bandai will rerelease the MB Exia when they release the GN-Arms which I plan to get so just securing it now, in case it jumps in price.

IMG_20190905_143008.jpg

IMG_20190905_211720.jpg

3 minutes ago, pafy6285 said:

Loots that arrived this week. Really not actively looking for a ThreeZero Atlas, but appeared while I'm browsing some Gundams/Macross items in Yahoo Auction. It's used but in very good condition, so basically a somewhat impulse bid and was surprised to get it significantly below its original SRP (brand new right now is already at least double the SRP). Also got another 'used' MB Exia. Not sure if Bandai will rerelease the MB Exia when they release the GN-Arms which I plan to get so just securing it now, in case it jumps in price.

IMG_20190905_211720.jpg

That.....is.....awesome. The execution is amazing. Aside from being something from Titan Fall, what is it? What should I throw in Google? How tall is that?

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

That.....is.....awesome. The execution is amazing. Aside from being something from Titan Fall, what is it? What should I throw in Google? How tall is that?

It's around 51 cm or 20 inches. Just google ThreeZero Titanfall, it should show up the mechs that they've released (I think ThreeZero only release two other mechs, the Stryder and the Ogre). ThreeZero Titanfall mechs were release some years ago so after market price for brand new or ebay is at around $800 USD or more.

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

Is that an actual toy or a picture of a toy? It looks so....................3D.

Its MP44, an actual toy. I took a picture of it. :)

These are edited in LR and PS, not some filter app. Lighting is key in creating that 3D feel/look I'm going for. Along with posing and post processing, etc.

Here is another shot.

895457296_Prime2.jpg.216f27b03f8e44353c349d90af6caf7f.jpg

Edited by RED WOLF

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

I was super excited about MP-44 but the issue with the knees killed it for me. 

New Purchase 09/05/2019

Also got Mafex Venom but havent gotten a chance to mess with it yet

New Purchase 09/05/2019

Both my knees are busted, but he still poses great with no issues. I think I will do the fix today. It only takes about 20 minutes.  I know fixing a toy at X amount of dollars isn't ideal, but this guy is fantastic.  

28 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

So, this happened...

481943217_tiebox.thumb.jpg.7f4889d8c8eee335945cef809aa08de6.jpgTie.thumb.jpg.0de70008d121844b453ec31e225b3690.jpg

About 49% off including shipping, on Ebay. These used to go for 80 bucks.1119819555_ALLships.thumb.jpg.5439f2d00f75f0161d6c9983d6204e33.jpg

joining the fleet.

Nice! I've been watching that thing for months. There were stacks of them at all my Walmart's at full price. When it went on sale for $19, they all disappeared. I need it to go under $30 on the website before I'll bite.

Just now, Slave IV said:

Nice! I've been watching that thing for months. There were stacks of them at all my Walmart's at full price. When it went on sale for $19, they all disappeared. I need it to go under $30 on the website before I'll bite.

$19??? Oh wow. If you find them for 30, let me know, or get me one, and i'll pay you for it. I need another to put Vader's in the middle.

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Best toy ever huh?

OK, I can buy that. Still not my favorite but it's hard to argue against the execution. Definitely the best combining SOC I've expereinced.

Yeah, Voltron is pretty BA. Plus, watched Voltron every day as a kid. I got the Bandai SOC, the Icarus Dark Lion (love this one!) and the Titan Power last week. I neeed to let off the throttle a bit.;)

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Awww, they're itty bitty.

I'd like to have some detailed ones that are bigger. Maybe 12-15" or so. Seen anything like that?

There are Bandai kits if you have the time, patience and skills to make those to the level you desire.

Just now, sqidd said:

Yeah, Voltron is pretty BA. Plus, watched Voltron every day as a kid. I got the Bandai SOC, the Icarus Dark Lion (love this one!) and the Titan Power last week. I neeed to let off the throttle a bit.;)

Never a fan of Voltron but as a fan of bad ass, quality toys, I had to get this. Not regretting it at all.:p