Gakken85

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

I see part of the "Wrecking Crew' behind Carnifex. :D

Yes, my assimilated friend, several of the Wreckers were present there...

idw_scaling.jpg

...as well as Transformers Cloud Hot Rodimus (filling in for MMC's "Calidus," who hadn't been released at that point), and Perfect Effect's glorious rendition of IDW Fortress Maximus, "Warden."  8)

The “Family Values” three pack showed up today.

48C6E879-F3E5-4918-9574-6B3DAEB2B2BD.thumb.jpeg.896230b7d7db62f6afbdbf9bd0bdac02.jpeg

13 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

So, these happened...

20190623_035819.jpg

20190623_034450.jpg

20190623_034656.jpg

Very cool @vlenhoff.

2 hours ago, nathans82 said:

20190620_202341.jpg

Nice Refraktor.  It would be tempting to get if I saw it but I definitely don’t want to collect Transformers CHUG anymore.

44 minutes ago, Mommar said:

The “Family Values” three pack showed up today.

48C6E879-F3E5-4918-9574-6B3DAEB2B2BD.thumb.jpeg.896230b7d7db62f6afbdbf9bd0bdac02.jpeg

My “Family Matters” 3 Pack x2 came in today as well.  I’ll pick them up later.

congrat @vlenhoff

Nice pair of max and milia.

Nice to have both the 1/48 and 1/60 version.

I am missing the 1/48 max.

Have been hunting for this for a few months finally found one it's from the Maschinen Krieger universe created by Kow Yokohama.

3O0j8bi.jpg

UF63JxE.jpg

Has a spring loaded hatch that slowly opens
a0airNy.jpg

Also includes a pilot
y4RnIrU.jpg

And a flight base
lad0d8I.jpg

YcKp4zn.jpg

Edited by Keq

i transformed a 1/60 V2 arcadia for the first time yesterday.

Does anyone agree that shaving some of the mid-bump in the shoulder swivel would increase durability?

They had it perfectly done in the 1/48. i don't understand why they went that route with the 1/60. That's my only gripe about the 1/60, other than the ridiculous latch on the backpack. 

Edited by vlenhoff

12 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

i transformed a 1/60 V2 arcadia for the first time yesterday.

Does anyone agree that shaving some of the mid-bump in the shoulder swivel would increase durability?

They had it perfectly done in the 1/48. i don't understand why they went that route with the 1/60. That's my only gripe about the 1/60, other than the ridiculous latch on the backpack. 

Doesn't need any shaving, just unscrew the backplate, and you can loosen the shoulder screws enough to make them move very easily over those nubs.

Just need to undo three screws (one in each wing, and one under the base of the hip swingbar), and the backplate will pop off and give you access to the shoulder mounts.  Loosen those until the arms swing over the nubs freely, and you're golden. :) 

Edit:  I just realized you might be talking about shaving down the hinge in the actual shoulder pivot, rather than the bumps on the backplate.  I've never seen a reason to modify those, unless the shoulder joint was already broken.

Edited by Chronocidal

31 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Doesn't need any shaving, just unscrew the backplate, and you can loosen the shoulder screws enough to make them move very easily over those nubs.

Just need to undo three screws (one in each wing, and one under the base of the hip swingbar), and the backplate will pop off and give you access to the shoulder mounts.  Loosen those until the arms swing over the nubs freely, and you're golden. :) 

Edit:  I just realized you might be talking about shaving down the hinge in the actual shoulder pivot, rather than the bumps on the backplate.  I've never seen a reason to modify those, unless the shoulder joint was already broken.

Not the shoulder pivot, no. Sorry if i miss lead.

I still think shaving off that mid swing bump would improve function and durability. Thanks for the advise though.  

@Keq nice figure! I always liked those.

Edited by vlenhoff

Got mine too. Came in what seems like a specifically made box for it. 

609F9C14-EBDC-4DD7-A52F-6865F6D85024.thumb.jpeg.747e105b7b93b6e02145833593b2320e.jpeg

Quicksilver has jacked up paint on the chest, Magneto overall looks goofy but Scarlett Witch looks great.

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

Not the shoulder pivot, no. Sorry if i miss lead.

I still think shaving off that mid swing bump would improve function and durability. Thanks for the advise though.  

@Keq nice figure! I always liked those.

Be careful if you do try the shave the bump. It is what holding the shoulder in place and not dropping down when in Battroid mode.

Just now, kkx said:

Be careful if you do try the shave the bump. It is what holding the shoulder in place and not dropping down when in Battroid mode.

That's why i want to shave it, not completely eliminate it. I wonder if this come up back then in the 1/60 craze. I was out of the game during those years. Deaths in the family and friends, and other events, made forget about Macross during that time. 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Got mine too. Came in what seems like a specifically made box for it. 

609F9C14-EBDC-4DD7-A52F-6865F6D85024.thumb.jpeg.747e105b7b93b6e02145833593b2320e.jpeg

Quicksilver has jacked up paint on the chest, Magneto overall looks goofy but Scarlett Witch looks great.

Goofy?

7 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Goofy?

His face and body proportions. Anyways, I'm using Amazing Yamaguchi Magneto for my main display so NBD.

20 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

That's why i want to shave it, not completely eliminate it. I wonder if this come up back then in the 1/60 craze. I was out of the game during those years. Deaths in the family and friends, and other events, made forget about Macross during that time. 

I am new to the v2 too.

Maybe others with more experience can chime in.

So far, I have 5 V2 1/60 that have cracked (two of them totally broken) shoulder hinge. This is what I get by buying used v2 1/60.

I have repaired them all. I also have the shape way replacement but found the original (after repair) works better.

From all these examples, base on what I have observed, the cause for the breakage is not caused by the bump. The knurl on the pin is the main cause.

If you sand down the pin, then the hinge should be ok.

The only benefit of shaving the bump is to reduce stress on a cracked hinge. Then I would rather repair the hinge and make it stronger. All my repair works really well. So I personally don't see any merit in shaving.

As I said, I am new, so let's wait for other advise and get more wisdom on this.

Oh i know, I am not saying that is the cause of breakage. Pulling on it like that though, might not be a good thing. So, is that piece supposed to flex like that? i guess it is. Are the replacements flexible in any way? I have 5 boxed V2, tvHikky, tvMax, tvKaki, TvRoy, and a 1D. I have never opened them, but i know tvHIkky is prone to cracked shoulders due to the shoulder pin thing.

I bought M&M from Shizuka_the_cat, and this is the very first time [cherry popped] I handle the V2 1/60. I just find i have to exert a lot of force on that rotating hinge, and it worried me. i don't want to loose the screws, as i think that could exacerbate the problem in the long run.

I was about to declare it the best Valk in the history of Macross. I still think it is the best ever, but i prefer what they did with the 1/48 in that regard. 

Yes, i do own a DX 1/48, but i don't feel is that much fun playing it. Maybe it is just me.

Edited by vlenhoff

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

His face and body proportions. Anyways, I'm using Amazing Yamaguchi Magneto for my main display so NBD.

I’m going to entirely disagree about proportions and chuckle a tad at the Revo proportions.  Also, that second head sculpt is literally the first page from X-Men #2 but with the eyes whited out.

8B1B1F53-1B57-4A01-8C1B-CBF4F4041897.thumb.jpeg.eacefee4565dd432fd9516adc6b96157.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I’m going to entirely disagree about proportions and chuckle a tad at the Revo proportions.  Also, that second head sculpt is literally the first page from X-Men #2 but with the eyes whited out.

8B1B1F53-1B57-4A01-8C1B-CBF4F4041897.thumb.jpeg.eacefee4565dd432fd9516adc6b96157.jpeg

I like Jim Lee as much as anyone but just because the toy face may be meant to look like JL's version, it doesn't look good to me. Anyways like I said, I'm happy with the Revo and that's all that matters for my collection. I haven't opened this set yet so maybe it will look better to me in hand.

17 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Oh i know, I am not saying that is the cause of breakage. Pulling on it like that though, might not be a good thing. So, is that piece supposed to flex like that? i guess it is. Are the replacements flexible in any way? I have 5 boxed V2, tvHikky, tvMax, tvKaki, TvRoy, and a 1D. I have never opened them, but i know tvHIkky is prone to cracked shoulders do to the pin thing.

I bought M&M from Shizuka_the_cat, and this is the very first time [cherry popped] I handle the V2 1/60. I just find i have to exert a lot of force on that rotating hinge, and it worried me. i don't want to loose the screws, as i think that could exacerbate the problem in the long run.

I was about to declare it the best Valk in the history of Macross. I still think it is the best ever, but i prefer what they did with the 1/48 in that regard. 

Yes, i do own a DX 1/48, but i don't feel is that much fun playing it. Maybe it is just me.

Don't worry about it. After a few transformations you get a feel for just how much force you need to move the shoulders and stop worrying about breaking them. I was nervous about this or that breaking when I first starting buying Yamato 1/48s way back when.

I only worry about the early variants with the cracked shoulder problem. I have a quite a few of those since I went out of my way seeking out VF-1s with the rainbow canopy.

No worries if it's the Arcadia version.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Don't worry about it. After a few transformations you get a feel for just how much force you need to move the shoulders and stop worrying about breaking them. I was nervous about this or that breaking when I first starting buying Yamato 1/48s way back when.

I only worry about the early variants with the cracked shoulder problem. I have a quite a few of those since I went out of my way seeking out VF-1s with the rainbow canopy.

No worries if it's the Arcadia version.

Thanks Lolicon. The 1/48 has a way to avoid the bump, when you leave the hinge unfolded, it goes under the bump. You can also choose to unfold the hinge and with a little resistance it goes by no problem. On the 1/60, you actually have to pull towards you or lift, to go over the bump. It is so weird. Yeah, i bet I can always be careful in that area, but i think it can be improved.

thanks for the reply

Edited by vlenhoff

5 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Thanks Lolicon. The 1/48 has a way to avoid the bump, when you leave the hinge unfolded, it goes under the bump. You can also choose to unfold the hinge and with a little resistance it goes by no problem. On the 1/60, you actually have to pull towards you or lift, to go over the bump. It is so weird. Yeah, i bet I can always be careful in that area, but i think it can be improved.

thanks for the reply

I have 27+ 1/60 v2's, and some of them have survived countless transformations. As others said, don't worry about that backplate bump. The only area of concern are the shoulders of the first releases. I have spare shoulders that Graham sent me ages ago (for Roy's DYRL 2008 first release and the 1D) but have not changed the cracked Roy shoulders and they are still attached, and the 1D has no problem at all.

The 1/60 despite being 11 years old is a great toy. The 1/48 DX is not a huge step forward in the development departament. The 1/60 v2 is the groundbreaking VF-1 IMO.

Free all of your toys from the boxes and enjoy them. With careful handling you should be okay. You might get a lemon here and there, I'm not saying you won't, but you can play with them worry free.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

8AE6C63A-DD90-4797-8B5A-8D3ED831E2EA.thumb.jpeg.ae760112805a9a5a669815573a018a92.jpeg

5B3759DD-D1FB-4DA4-91AA-961F2DED3132.thumb.jpeg.36448ae7ec35ffb219260dc18dfc861f.jpeg

7B986748-EFD0-42EF-88B9-4F4770C7D013.thumb.jpeg.fee1b66b7df0f1adee8247808a8823be.jpeg

Aww crap, they have a color variant for the sport quattro? Gotta catch em all!:D

Next time I’ll get extras just in case if you’re looking for any.

7 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I have 27+ 1/60 v2's, and some of them have survived countless transformations. As others said, don't worry about that backplate bump. The only area of concern are the shoulders of the first releases. I have spare shoulders that Graham sent me ages ago (for Roy's DYRL 2008 first release and the 1D) but have not changed the cracked Roy shoulders and they are still attached, and the 1D has no problem at all.

The 1/60 despite being 11 years old is a great toy. The 1/48 DX is not a huge step forward in the development departament. The 1/60 v2 is the groundbreaking VF-1 IMO.

Free all of your toys from the boxes and enjoy them. With careful handling you should be okay. You might get a lemon here and there, I'm not saying you won't, but you can play with them worry free.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I do have to agree. The 1/60 is perhaps the most groundbreaking, VF-1 of them all. The 1/48 perhaps the most fun. The HMR the most complete line, and also fun. The DX 1/48 perhaps the most finished in term of details, and the scariest to me. 

Edited by vlenhoff

Last Yammie 1/48 valk off my list.

One of two listings from Manda for 20k yen (the question is, who has got the other one?)

DSC01545.jpg

5 minutes ago, borgified said:

Last Yammie 1/48 valk off my list.

One of two listings from Manda for 20k yen (the question is, who has got the other one?)

DSC01545.jpg

It would have to be Max.

:p

nice score @borgified

This one popped my 1/60 cherry. Very cool valk.

20190624_204723.jpg

Edited by vlenhoff

I just bought this HMR Fast pack set from susieq1001 at ebay. Great communication and experience overall.

I wanted to get one with the kite, but the skull and cross bones looks so cool. A skull brownie!

gun show.jpg

Edited by vlenhoff

@vlenhoffha! I just bought the rest of the VF-1A that armor set came from, then. Going to use it for a custom paint job, and I've got missiles and such from a 1J that broke.

worked out well for everyone it seems. Well, except my 1J, but it will live on as background scrap in a display!

Edited by jeniusornome

1 minute ago, jeniusornome said:

@vlenhoffha! I just bought the rest of the VF-1A that armor set came from, then. Going to use it for a custom paint job, and I've got missiles and such from a 1J that broke.

worked out well for everyone it seems. Well, except my 1J, but it will live on as background scrap in a display!

Yeah i only wanted a cheap set of armor, and luckily, i found one. I know it is more cost effective to buy the whole thing, but there is no way in hell I will finish the entire HMR line. The 1S models cost nearly as much as less ranking 1/60 valks, now. You can't win them all, and i am fine with that. I am lucky to have what i have, and i am thankful for it.

What happened to the 1J?