Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Decided I wanted the original six Avengers Figuarts Endgame figures. Paid more then I wanted to for Cap and Tony, but it is what it is, the price is only going to go up. Passing on Ant-Man since I have two Figuarts of him already, passing on Ronin too, but Hawkeye and Hulk are both pre-ordered, just need a "The Dude" Lebowski Thor.

IMG_20190629_194516665.thumb.jpg.810d0b2eccaad54d0d14f267dd7d5376.jpg

IMG_20190629_194617825.thumb.jpg.64cf40d8bb4d7735a2b12323ca3c99ad.jpg

19 hours ago, ChristopherB said:

As an example, very nice John Wick Mustang sh9000!

Thanks.  Nice John Wick 3 poster.

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Whatever it takes!

978A7999-2DB4-4626-944D-39486DFA5B2A.thumb.jpeg.26e3eb02a096c39c49af4d1a5ddd4629.jpeg

Nice poster as well.

C1EE253B-5525-4B50-94F5-C621F3AE88CE.thumb.jpeg.f45abe7343e729361ff05c7af69205c1.jpeg

I like this Stan Lee figure.

Nice haul.  Congrats on Mojo.  That figure still looks good with newer Marvel Legends.  I skipped that Captain Britain though and I’m hoping a classic Excalibur version gets released.

Edited by sh9000

7 hours ago, tekering said:

Just picked up a 1:18 scale diecast 1967 Volkswagen Beetle as an accessory...  :p

233750518_okagesamade.thumb.jpg.ee1fe58e7031b5305fc732b6f32e8c52.jpg

A Volksie! Long time no see...in my childhood they were everywhere.

Pronounced "Forlksvachen" BTW. I cringe everytime an American makes it sound like an (egg y)volkswagon, ha, ha. :)

23 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Nice haul.  Congrats on Mojo.  That figure still looks good with newer Marvel Legends.  I skipped that Captain Britain though and I’m hoping a classic Excalibur version gets released.

Thank you so much! Just need a Toy Biz Sentinel and a Galactus and I'll have all the Toy Biz Villains I need.

46 minutes ago, nathans82 said:

Thank you so much! Just need a Toy Biz Sentinel and a Galactus and I'll have all the Toy Biz Villains I need.

Both types look great.  I’ve got 3 Hasbro Sentinels and 4 Toy Biz Sentinels.  I might get rid of 1 Toy Biz version so if you want it let me know.

850953F2-461E-4281-968A-9586712011EC.thumb.jpeg.07afb64caaafcfee030683dd3c87f065.jpeg

On 6/30/2019 at 11:02 AM, Podtastic said:

A Volksie! Long time no see...in my childhood they were everywhere.

Pronounced "Forlksvachen" BTW. I cringe everytime an American makes it sound like an (egg y)volkswagon, ha, ha. :)

The way Americans pronounce it bothers you but the fact it was started by the Nazis doesn't? Strange standards you have there. :p

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The way Americans pronounce it bothers you but the fact it was started by the Nazis doesn't? Strange standards you have there. :p

So was rocket technology but does that mean we must abandoned all our toys, comics and books featuring rockets and missiles? The first assault rifle as well BTW. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

As to the weird pronunciation - it bothers everyone, have you never watched Trevor Noah? :)

Edited by Podtastic

22 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

What fresh hell rabbit hole have I just stepped in:

IMG_20190703_174423.jpg

Good kit, but falls apart a bit too much for my tastes. The MG RX-78 Origins is much sturdier.

Coming from someone who came the opposite direction: model kits->figures

21 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Good kit, but falls apart a bit too much for my tastes. The MG RX-78 Origins is much sturdier.

Coming from someone who came the opposite direction: model kits->figures

Yeah, I was talking about Gunpla in general (this is my first).  I did watch several reviews between the ver 3.0 and the origins.  I liked the way the ver 3 looked just a little bit more, and it was a little bit cheaper, so I went with that.  I won't be handling it much, anyhow.

I'm just hoping I can keep this new rabbit hole pretty limited, for my wallet's sake.

16 minutes ago, Grimgerde said:

2nd Max 1J to complement the PF version. 3rd PF VF-0s specifically to saunter around in the reactive armor. (practice foil/epee in the background not new)

x3sl6e.jpg

You paid extra for a PF 0S just to cover it up? Ballar status!:good:

6 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

What fresh hell rabbit hole have I just stepped in:

Ha! You'll be fine if you stick to one rule:

Don't buy another one before you finish building what you've got.

Personally, I found that buying too many at once would just lead to model building fatigue, and I'd wind up with half a dozen kits just sitting there in boxes for months on end.

Remember, with Gunpla, the stuff is basically always in production, so you don't need to go and buy it right now for fear of missing out. There's no late-night preorder madness for Master Grade kits the way there is with, say, DX Macross stuff. Just think about it - that next kit you want? You can buy it six months from now without an obscene 300% markup! You can take your time with it.

There's almost no comparison to Macross collecting.

Finally out of the box and in all its glory: Viva Miria!

Again, thanks to Shizuka, here is the couple together. I had to place them with the 1/60 Zero custom, since the HMR is taking over some of the display's real state. The red used in this Miria Arcadia is the prettiest of them all imho.867727356_maxmiria.thumb.jpg.ac82f92eb1c2150c6907959070a0008f.jpg

Edited by vlenhoff

2 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

Ha! You'll be fine if you stick to one rule:

Don't buy another one before you finish building what you've got.

Instructions unclear: backlog of 130 kits.

2 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

Remember, with Gunpla, the stuff is basically always in production, so you don't need to go and buy it right now for fear of missing out. There's no late-night preorder madness for Master Grade kits the way there is with, say, DX Macross stuff. Just think about it - that next kit you want? You can buy it six months from now without an obscene 300% markup! You can take your time with it.

The only exception is P-Bandai kits. Which typically get only one production run (some get reruns), and also *may* increase in cost after production.

P-Bandai are the only kits I buy anymore outside of sales.