IXTL

And they're definitely a lighter gray. If I recall, they didn't have the mde cannon, either.

(null)

I haven't seen The Wings of Goodbye yet but I found this image were you can see the end of the cannon.

So the Super Parts for VF-171 CF should only be a repaint perhaps with the missiles shown in this pic.

It will be an easy cash-in for Bandai especially for a army builder Valkyrie....

...if the can provide enough figures that is.

ca6sqz6m091nqxohf.jpg

Why does everyone think this is going up tonight? I don't see any indication that this is going up for sale/pre-orders tonight.

I think it has to do with the 25's. It seemed like we got the announcements and some pics, then by the next morning all the pre-orders were closed lol.

Just FYI for those who are checking online shops for this one.

AmiAmi shop is closed from 29th (which means they are closed now)

HobbySearch is closed from 30th (Maybe it will turn up tonight/tomorrow before they close for the holidays)

HLJ is already closed for a break..

NipponYasan.. No mention about holiday schedule, but probably they are gone as well..

That doesn't stop from listing the item on their page. I've seen it happen on HLJ. Probably one employee stop by the office and update new items for fun :)

Arrgh, and I'm sleepy lately. Must be the holidays kicking my ass :)

This is one of the Frontier releases I'd really really like to have. I'd like to have one AWACS'd up like you see in the first episode. I'm assuming that was an armor add on of some kind in the show so maybe we'll see it as an add on.

It's actually the RVF-171 variant. I think if they made it, it would be a whole new release and most likely Lucas maybe first?

Edited by Loop

Panzar Dragoon Saga damn. I've wanted that game for over 10 years. Was never able to get my hands on it for a reasonable price.

I initially passed on it at release, a mistake; in retrospect I'd have bought a hundred copies for future resale had we known how amazing and rare it would be at the time. I was a huge fan of the series but went to E3 and was underwhelmed by it there. The demo kiosks had no one supervising them and there was no way to reset the game; so I was stuck jumping into already played sessions of an RPG with no idea of the mechanics. You couldn't even reset with the default Saturn reset (A+B_C+Start). So I fiddled with it for a while and eventually walked away disappointed with what they'd done to my beloved series. How wrong I was.

A friend of mine later convinced me to play it, and loaned me his copy. Being able to play from the start and actually learn how to play I of course fell in love with the game; so much so that the same friend gave me his copy for Christmas later that year. At that time a used copy was around $100-120. It's obviously more now but if you still have a Saturn consider this; spend $200-300 for a Valkyrie that will go all floppy on you with any use whatsoever and may even include bonus exploding parts or buy one of the greatest games ever made which will only accrue value even if you play the crap out of it!

Plus Sega announced a little while back that they'd lost the master source code for the game so they'd have to either reverse engineer the whole thing or rebuild it from scratch...neither of which are likey to occur given Sega's current sorry state of affairs (thanks Sammy!). So basically the game has almost no chance of ever being reissued through a download serivce; either in its original form or an HD'ed update as has become popular as of late. It's a real shame, Panzer's eventual disappearance from gaming would be akin to say Macross Plus going out of print forever.

Arrgh, and I'm sleepy lately. Must be the holidays kicking my ass :)

It's actually the RVF-171 variant. I think if they made it, it would be a whole new release and most likely Lucas maybe first?

rvf-171-fighter.jpg

OMG WANT NOW! Need to watch Frontier also.