Jump to content

Recommended Posts

MP-44...

hero-tradition.thumb.jpg.092390b15306fd0f9aa6e18726b79163.jpg

 

add/edit:

now with properly inner-knee panel fold. 

And Prime wants a sword, too..

hero-tradition1.thumb.jpg.366d73cad1fd2adf30eec3163a21c939.jpg

 

:bump:

Edited by treatment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I thought that MP-10 was amazing when it first came out.  It seemed so much more dynamic than MP-01, and I still prefer the blend of cartoon and real-world details over the super Sunbow thing that current MPs are doing (which is also why I like MS-01 more than TE-01, and both better than MP-44).  That said, the design is a little dated.  The use of flaps to cover most of the rear wheels without anything even attempting to cover the wheel wells bugged me long before the 2019's crop of new Primes, his articulation is a little limited, and he's got long gorilla arms.  His rifle is a little small, too, due to the folding and stowing in the backpack gimmick.  His alt mode is, perhaps, still the best of the bunch, although it doesn't fit together as neatly as MS-01's.

I know you already have MS-01, and for people who already have MS-01 or TE-01 then I don't think you really need the vanilla MP-10.  But I do think it's still good enough that, yes, it's worth checking out the variants like the SG version (although TE-01 is coming in SG colors).  MS-01 is displayed with my MP Autobots, but I still have the Year of the Horse version in a detolf with various other random Optimus figures I've picked up.

Well stated, Mike. Personally, I was enthralled with MP-01 from the start, although he was a bit large for a practical collection of similarly scaled figs, so I think Takara's decision to downscale with MP-10 was a good one. MP-10 didn't sell me at the beginning, either, as I really disliked the protruding wheel wells and crappy wheel covers on his legs as well as his ape arms. However, over time, I kept seeing pics of him pop up during searches, and I repeatedly found myself liking how it looked overall, not to mention his truck mode was a notable improvement over MP-01's, and he came with the trailer. Eventually, I got a copy, with no regrets. As Mike mentioned, he's still a solid figure, although I agree with his observation that either MS-01 or TE-01 is an improvement in almost every way, and having one of those figs negates the need for MP-10 IMHO. However, as a Transformer collector, I can understand the allure of wanting to own a copy, especially at a decent price. Ultimately, if you have one of the third party MP Primes or MP-44, and you still want the MP-10 mold, then a paint variant might be the way to go for variety, and the SG version looks pretty nice.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3A hits another one out of the park.  :wub:

194875222_3ABlitzwingsundowning.thumb.jpg.16d38bcbb4b90622f8d9c1c5fab30f67.jpg

1331000423_3ABlitzwingbust-up.thumb.jpg.af0ca2a6aa1093da9b2a3eea98337b19.jpg

terror.thumb.jpg.21772d9ba33fb3f285c2680bf4ff662c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tekering said:

 


 the soldier shot is amazing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 11:12 AM, M'Kyuun said:

My Recon Team is to be delivered on Wednesday, but I also have three of the regular Refraktors, as well, so best of both worlds I suppose. Normally I wouldn't double dip on a set, but I couldn't resist having an updated G1 Reflector, as I still have the original, and I'm glad they added the extra parts to make the camera mode more accurate.

Honestly, I'm surprised they don't do more Reflector Refraktor-type characters. I mean, surely Hasbro wants Transformers to have that sweet multi-sell army-building appeal that Star Wars Stormtroopers have.

So why AREN'T there more legionnaire-type characters? Swarms of insecticons, Refrackers cloning themselves every time anyone turns around? Bust out a blue-and-white "Guardian" repaint of Omega Supreme and remind everyone how many of these roamed Cybertron in the before-times... maybe not on that last one. Army-building shouldn't be wallet-breaking.

I mean, there's the inevitable "seeker" repaints, but... you still have to repaint them and manage to get them into stores past the endless wall of Chromias and Shockwaves currently plugging the shelves in my area. You can't sell multiples of each jet, because no one needs TWO Skywarps.

 

 

But heck, I made a Reflector-homage team with the first Bayformers toy line. Grabbed one "Spy Shot 6" and two "Zoom Out 25" toys, set them up together, and... pay no attention to the fact that one's an autobot, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like everyone else I got MP-44 and then that led to the need for a new Sideswipe. The Badcube one isnt bad and I feel it does things better than MP-12 but its nowhere near a Takara product. It'll serve as a good stand in until we get a new Sideswipe. Out of all the MP autobots we have gotten, it is the only one I feel desperately needs an update. 

MP-44 Optimus Prime (Convoy) Badcube Steamroll

 

Badcube Steamroll Transformers Masterpiece Autobot Display

Also anyone else run into the knee issue on the left leg of MP-44? I had problems with mine and requested a replacement. Immediately added pins to the knee ratchet to hold it in place. Some people suggested super glue but I couldnt get that to work. 

IMG_5871.thumb.jpeg.4c778fab0eae114a60be479bd1db92b1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Like everyone else I got MP-44 and then that led to the need for a new Sideswipe. The Badcube one isnt bad and I feel it does things better than MP-12 but its nowhere near a Takara product. It'll serve as a good stand in until we get a new Sideswipe. Out of all the MP autobots we have gotten, it is the only one I feel desperately needs an update. 

 

 Also anyone else run into the knee issue on the left leg of MP-44? I had problems with mine and requested a replacement. Immediately added pins to the knee ratchet to hold it in place. Some people suggested super glue but I couldnt get that to work. 

 

There's a how-to on TFW2005 somewhere, I was looking through the various MP-44 threads for it, it involves slight disassembly of the leg, and some super glue being put in certain spots, I can't remember exactly. If you have the time and patience it's definitely been posted and re-posted in the main MP-44 thread on TFW2005, you just gotta sift through the BS and crap slinging to find it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

There's a how-to on TFW2005 somewhere, I was looking through the various MP-44 threads for it, it involves slight disassembly of the leg, and some super glue being put in certain spots, I can't remember exactly. If you have the time and patience it's definitely been posted and re-posted in the main MP-44 thread on TFW2005, you just gotta sift through the BS and crap slinging to find it. 

I tried the glue fix and had no luck. Adding pins was the only solution that worked for me, also adding grease to the ratchets seems to help a little. 

Today im going to try and fix the bent antennas.

Edited by anubis20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sucks to pay $400 for a figure only to learn it has an issue, especially a joint issue. Hopefully Takara are aware and are addressing it.

On 9/8/2019 at 6:52 AM, tekering said:

3A hits another one out of the park.  :wub:

194875222_3ABlitzwingsundowning.thumb.jpg.16d38bcbb4b90622f8d9c1c5fab30f67.jpg

 

 

Overall, I kinda dig the design, although it still slews a little too much towards the Bayformer look for my tastes. I raise a skeptical eyebrow when I see four nose landing gears being used as toes, which only cements the fact that ILM just slaps whatever where-ever on these things if they think it looks cool, without practical consideration to the actual machine in question. Just looking at it, I see no way for a practical transformation to happen without extensive CG magic, which shall ever remain my greatest beef with the all the live action designs. I applaud Travis Knight for the much improved writing and characterization he brought to Bumblebee, but even with the improvements to the designs to make them closer to a more plausibly mechanical look, and closer to the G1 aesthetic as well, there's room for improvement. As Kawamori does, I think they should start out with a practical transforming model and design from there- it'd make more sense on screen, and provide a rough model for the eventual toy.

11 hours ago, JB0 said:

Honestly, I'm surprised they don't do more Reflector Refraktor-type characters. I mean, surely Hasbro wants Transformers to have that sweet multi-sell army-building appeal that Star Wars Stormtroopers have.

So why AREN'T there more legionnaire-type characters? Swarms of insecticons, Refrackers cloning themselves every time anyone turns around? Bust out a blue-and-white "Guardian" repaint of Omega Supreme and remind everyone how many of these roamed Cybertron in the before-times... maybe not on that last one. Army-building shouldn't be wallet-breaking.

I mean, there's the inevitable "seeker" repaints, but... you still have to repaint them and manage to get them into stores past the endless wall of Chromias and Shockwaves currently plugging the shelves in my area. You can't sell multiples of each jet, because no one needs TWO Skywarps.

 

 

But heck, I made a Reflector-homage team with the first Bayformers toy line. Grabbed one "Spy Shot 6" and two "Zoom Out 25" toys, set them up together, and... pay no attention to the fact that one's an autobot, please.

I never thought of it from a sales perspective, but, yeah, it makes sense to pump out 'army-builder' type characters, and Reflector was certainly that in the original show. So were the humanoid cassettes, and the Seekers. I wouldn't argue with multiple releases of the cassette dudes in different colors- small, and fairly cheap, they'd be an ideal toy to mass produce.

Those Real Gear bots that accompanied the main characters in the 2007 live action toy line were pretty nifty. They were the brainchildren of Alex Kubalsky, who also design the Concept Camaro Bumblebee figure for that line. From interviews I've read, his design philosophy was a game changer at Takara, who until that time, generally liked to make everything square and blocky, and Alex liked to introduce curves into his designs. The influence is evident in many of the toys released over the last decade. Alex is now one of the main designers for MMC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super glue will not stick in that section. You'll have to use Gorilla glue gel. I fixed both of my knees and they are solid.

Prime.jpg.f965206f8eb03463071c94c06eea8b3d.jpg

1413049530_Prime2.jpg.7c06273b3fff24badf18fbc8bc323916.jpg

873503329_Prime3.jpg.78d7b7b26659a6cd3a5e8a6572fa0c82.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Super glue will not stick in that section. You'll have to use Gorilla glue gel. I fixed both of my knees and they are solid.

Prime.jpg.f965206f8eb03463071c94c06eea8b3d.jpg

1413049530_Prime2.jpg.7c06273b3fff24badf18fbc8bc323916.jpg

873503329_Prime3.jpg.78d7b7b26659a6cd3a5e8a6572fa0c82.jpg

Nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some great photography by all.

Kuma- you're the King of Super Robots; nice group shot. Prime looks good, but Voltron totally steals his thunder.:wub:

SH900's shot of MP-44 in his natural habitat (good ole Ark) brings on the nostalgia. I like that he's not toting his gun in this shot, as the Autobots rarely had weapon in hand while hanging out at their HQ.

Treatment, nice use of the blast effects parts from Seige Jetfire to spice up the action. That would look amazing with an animated cell environment in the background. Nice showcase of MP-44's articulation.

RED WOLF, I've been enjoying you're stylized shots since you starting posting them- just a nice bit of flavor and color as well as homaging some memorable themes from the old toon. You're shots also bring to the fore Takara's direction of improving articulation in the MP line, a salient improvement that I absolutely adore in the latest figures.

To all, thanks for sharing your pics and your talents with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my Seige Refraktor Recon Team yesterday, and decided to take a few comparison shots with the G1 toy:

Overall, I think it's a nice update, and although the guns may look a bit wonky, I like that both shields and guns become accessories for the camera mode. The additional wrap-around panel (Shutter Armor, per the instructions) for Spectro (red), Flash Launcher for Spyglass (blue with yellow chest), and grey shoulder pauldrons (interestingly enough, no silly name for them in the instructions) for Viewfinder (blue with green chest) add a bit of realism to the camera mode while providing the requisite G1 updates (the flash and the pauldrons) while giving Spectro an added bit of armor, even if it is a bit weird looking. The original Viewfinder's pauldrons were part of the arm mold, whereas they are partsforming add-ons with a rotating armature that swings 180 degrees to allow for attachment to the raised shoulder humps on either side of the head in either camera or bot configuration. As all the bots are the same mold, the pauldrons can be attached to any figure in the set, even if they traditionally belong to Viewfinder. I like how Refraktor is written across the two pauldron halves and the Decepticon symbol is placed above the name on the robot's left pauldron just as it was on the original toy. It's a nice detail. Unlike the original toy, the color of the camera face differs from one side to the other. The reason for this is that the original bots transformed differently from each other: Spectro's shins became the left camera face, while the back of Spyglass' legs became the right camera face, as can be seen in the pics. Since the Siege figs are identical molds, it was a concession to the camera mode to prioritize the G1 look of the bots. It's noticeable, but not jarringly so, and I don't mind it. Truth be told, I'm just happy that after all these years they finally made an updated Reflector, and that he turned out as well as he did. Moreover, I'm glad they released this set, with all the additional parts, along with the toon accurate figures at retail, as it's nice to have both. Now they just need to make updated Omnibots! Cheers!

 

 

100_4213.JPG

100_4214.JPG

100_4215.JPG

100_4216.JPG

100_4217.JPG

100_4218.JPG

100_4219.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice photos everyone!  also lots of prime talk!  i like!

mp-01...its THE figure that made me start collecting TFs (and to be honest any toys including macross) again.  to this day, the bot mode holds up pretty well.  the alt mode is well...just ok and light years behind mp-10.  that being said if someone were to release it in exactly mp-10 height with the correct mix of materials mp-01 had...i'd buy it all over again.  heck for a long time before mp-10 came out i had pp-01 (igear's downsized) version as my "main" mpish prime surrounded by classics/henkei carbots.  in my head that made sense against the mp-03 sized seekers etc.  pp-01 is like too small and doesn't feel as good in hand (its very light and feels like it could break but doesn't), but i was grateful to have an in scale-ish prime.  mp-01 was just way oversized and was displayed by itself.  i liked mp-01 so much (well  mp-04 really is what i had), i even bought a last shot mp-01L to keep pristine in box "forever".  it still sits pristine in box, unopened. 

When mp-10 was announced, I think i derided the longish arms but generally liked it.  in hand it was kinda like magic and instantly became my main prime...i thought it was the only prime i ever needed and bought the mold  and its derivatives many times over (mp-10b, yoth, hasbro's version, ko white version, oversized ko mpp-10, downsized ko mp-10v and i'm probably forgetting one or two).  and i have a reissue takara misb..."forever"

-then 2019 happened and we got two 3P MP primes...i picked the one that to me reminds me of prime the best, which was the TE.  I kinda wished they'd make an mp-10ish or real worldish deco but the white legs look ok because he is just THAT toon where i can see where they were gong and overlook that.  I bought the V1 and go the 2nd head....now i'm wondering if i should pick up a 3rd run one (V2 improvements and slightly less translucent windows) to be my main prime that is how much i like it.  MS's alt mode and odd thigh cuts and lack of a noticeable blue crotch are turn offs but i feel like i'd like it in hand with the extra articulation etc.....maybe the ms-01X version will be acquired at some point....i dunno.  that leads me to mp-44....so conflicted on it.  I had the thing preordered on amazon JP so it was $325 shipped....BUT I cancelled last minute.  This is the first time i've not supported takara's mp line's prime.  to me, there are just too many visible hinges etc and messy panels and the huge backpack.  The photos of it though in various nice poses that take attention away form the sculpt's inherent "messiness" and highlight that nice finish are leaving me weak in the knees...maybe not quite as weak in the knees as mp-44 itself.  lol....and then i think of the knees...i kinda refuse to pay what i can get it for now (430ish?) and still get a figure i have to fix out of the box.  So, thats where  I am with mp-44...admiring from afar while contemplating picking up another TE-01...hoping a future reissue of mp-44 fixes said knee issues and comes down in price!  for all the issues i have with the mold, i do have to compliment that sculpting.  the shape of the forearms and thighs are great.  Something to do with the rounding radii they picked and teh depth of the panel lines is magical....better than TE-01 i'll admit there...but TE-01 still wins for me in the proportions and overlook look.

oh and what else, i have a softimus prime.  lol.   saw it at a walmart years ago and picked it up.  cool little thing. haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

nice photos everyone!  also lots of prime talk!  i like!

mp-01...its THE figure that made me start collecting TFs (and to be honest any toys including macross) again.  to this day, the bot mode holds up pretty well.  the alt mode is well...just ok and light years behind mp-10.  that being said if someone were to release it in exactly mp-10 height with the correct mix of materials mp-01 had...i'd buy it all over again.  heck for a long time before mp-10 came out i had pp-01 (igear's downsized) version as my "main" mpish prime surrounded by classics/henkei carbots.  in my head that made sense against the mp-03 sized seekers etc.  pp-01 is like too small and doesn't feel as good in hand (its very light and feels like it could break but doesn't), but i was grateful to have an in scale-ish prime.  mp-01 was just way oversized and was displayed by itself.  i liked mp-01 so much (well  mp-04 really is what i had), i even bought a last shot mp-01L to keep pristine in box "forever".  it still sits pristine in box, unopened. 

When mp-10 was announced, I think i derided the longish arms but generally liked it.  in hand it was kinda like magic and instantly became my main prime...i thought it was the only prime i ever needed and bought the mold  and its derivatives many times over (mp-10b, yoth, hasbro's version, ko white version, oversized ko mpp-10, downsized ko mp-10v and i'm probably forgetting one or two).  and i have a reissue takara misb..."forever"

-then 2019 happened and we got two 3P MP primes...i picked the one that to me reminds me of prime the best, which was the TE.  I kinda wished they'd make an mp-10ish or real worldish deco but the white legs look ok because he is just THAT toon where i can see where they were gong and overlook that.  I bought the V1 and go the 2nd head....now i'm wondering if i should pick up a 3rd run one (V2 improvements and slightly less translucent windows) to be my main prime that is how much i like it.  MS's alt mode and odd thigh cuts and lack of a noticeable blue crotch are turn offs but i feel like i'd like it in hand with the extra articulation etc.....maybe the ms-01X version will be acquired at some point....i dunno.  that leads me to mp-44....so conflicted on it.  I had the thing preordered on amazon JP so it was $325 shipped....BUT I cancelled last minute.  This is the first time i've not supported takara's mp line's prime.  to me, there are just too many visible hinges etc and messy panels and the huge backpack.  The photos of it though in various nice poses that take attention away form the sculpt's inherent "messiness" and highlight that nice finish are leaving me weak in the knees...maybe not quite as weak in the knees as mp-44 itself.  lol....and then i think of the knees...i kinda refuse to pay what i can get it for now (430ish?) and still get a figure i have to fix out of the box.  So, thats where  I am with mp-44...admiring from afar while contemplating picking up another TE-01...hoping a future reissue of mp-44 fixes said knee issues and comes down in price!  for all the issues i have with the mold, i do have to compliment that sculpting.  the shape of the forearms and thighs are great.  Something to do with the rounding radii they picked and teh depth of the panel lines is magical....better than TE-01 i'll admit there...but TE-01 still wins for me in the proportions and overlook look.

oh and what else, i have a softimus prime.  lol.   saw it at a walmart years ago and picked it up.  cool little thing. haha

Mp44s knees are a non issue.  Mine arrived fine then one went and the other followed shortly after. Call it QC or user error. He poses the same since it's still a friction joint when the knees go. Did the knee fix and hes better than new. Solid figure, I cant put him down. There is something very special about him (to me). 

Everything you purchase in life will hold risk and not be 100% perfect. My house, car, camera, lenses, etc., all cost well more than MP44 and they are not perfect. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if anyone here can help, there's quite a few handy folks in here when it comes to customizing and painting. Long story short, I lent my MP-36 to a friend who does some customizing and painting, I wanted that goofy ass toon accurate incorrect Decepticon logo off the clean chest piece so I could just put a proper Con Repro sticker on, and yeah, he brought the chest piece back with the whole middle section faded and wiped off, he clearly just went overboard with some alcohol and ruined it.

He promised he could get the logo off clean to the point I would be able to put a Repro right where I want it, but nope, he just messed it up. My fault for trusting him, I told him he screwed it up and this piece was expensive, overpriced even, but he's not going to shell out for a new one and honestly, it's partly my fault for trusting him having never actually seen anything he has done or worked on.

I REALLY don't want to have to buy a KO just for a new chest piece, I'm kicking myself for wasting money on MP-36 and not just getting an IT or Dynastron KO, but here we are, I had to have it at release. I don't know if anyone has paint matched MP-36 and it would be easier to just completely paint strip and then repaint the chest or what. This was an original run, or version 1 MP-36, never even transformed out of fear of inevitable damage. Any thoughts? Should I just try to sell it without the chest piece at a cheaper price to fund a KO? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Don't know if anyone here can help, there's quite a few handy folks in here when it comes to customizing and painting. Long story short, I lent my MP-36 to a friend who does some customizing and painting, I wanted that goofy ass toon accurate incorrect Decepticon logo off the clean chest piece so I could just put a proper Con Repro sticker on, and yeah, he brought the chest piece back with the whole middle section faded and wiped off, he clearly just went overboard with some alcohol and ruined it.

He promised he could get the logo off clean to the point I would be able to put a Repro right where I want it, but nope, he just messed it up. My fault for trusting him, I told him he screwed it up and this piece was expensive, overpriced even, but he's not going to shell out for a new one and honestly, it's partly my fault for trusting him having never actually seen anything he has done or worked on.

I REALLY don't want to have to buy a KO just for a new chest piece, I'm kicking myself for wasting money on MP-36 and not just getting an IT or Dynastron KO, but here we are, I had to have it at release. I don't know if anyone has paint matched MP-36 and it would be easier to just completely paint strip and then repaint the chest or what. This was an original run, or version 1 MP-36, never even transformed out of fear of inevitable damage. Any thoughts? Should I just try to sell it without the chest piece at a cheaper price to fund a KO? 

Im pretty sure the paint can be matched or at least get something close to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to derail the topic, but...

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/09/12/war-for-cybertron-siege-leader-class-astrotrain-in-hand-images-396400

I can't understand why, with all that add-on accessory chunk, they couldn't make a plate to fill out the aft cargo section and OMS pods for a complete orbiter. I could accept a little parts-forming to make it look better, although it should have been designed better from the start, IMHO.  It makes me wonder how some of these figs are done so well, and then stuff like this, which looks half finished, gets through final approval. It's even more mind-boggling to me when the fig comes with add-ons, but nothing in those add-ons addresses such a glaring lack of finish. After the tragedy that was TR Astrotrain, I had really strong hopes that this would finally be the definitive G1 Astrotrain homage I've been waiting for, and it almost is, but that shuttle mode just bugs the hell out of me, as that's my favorite alt mode for the character. I think it's a bit underwhelming, too, when compared to the G1 toy, whose alt modes are both superior to the update. I hate it when this hobby disappoints.:(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

trying to read the comment section gave me a headache. Anyways, OMEGA!!!

 

He looks really good, not sure what I would do with him though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seige will scratch the G1 itch for many people, I think, at a fraction of the price of 3P.

That's how you destroy 3P, by taking their market away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

trying to read the comment section gave me a headache. Anyways, OMEGA!!!

 

He looks really good, not sure what I would do with him though.

that omega, at one point i wanted it.  i like th level of detail on it, BUT i keep the bad parts now.  awkward hips.  arms a bit short.  the clear yellow chest piece needs to be clear red.  i do like what they did with the rest of it though mostly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

trying to read the comment section gave me a headache. Anyways, OMEGA!!!

 

He looks really good, not sure what I would do with him though.

You're not kidding about the TF boards- so much vitriol and invective over there, no matter what thread you look at, it seems. You'd think by now they'd moderate it better to try and maintain some semblance of peace and harmony, but apparently no one cares and the bad behavior continues. It's a pretty toxic environment for a toy hobby board. I generally stay away. Much prefer discussing TFs here.

So Siege Omega Supreme looks pretty good. I'm not, nor have ever been, a fan of Omega Supreme. I thought his G1 toy was crap back when I was a kid; it just didn't seem like a true Transformer to me, with all the, what we now call, parts-forming going on. Animated Omega Supreme was the first instance of the character that I embraced, and I still think it's the best incarnation (so, so, so wish we'd gotten a toy), but this figure, admittedly, has my attention. Like others here, though, my space is limited, and becoming moreso with every passing year. I wish houses grew with sunshine and rain, but unfortunately, unless you live in a tree...  And I still have to make room for a potential Unicron. So space, or lack thereof, is definitely becoming a limiting factor. But, as to the figure itself, I think Has/Tak did a great job updating him. I love the elevated track- there's just something really cool about that that appeals. Moreover, the way they designed his arms to become the rocket, as well as making it accommodate small figs inside the nose cone, is fantastic , even if it is partsformery. It's good playability and some nice engineering brought to bear to give it a cohesive transformation on its own. It's also a nice bit of additional playability that his tank can open and carry small figs. They didn't have to, but it's nice that they did. 

57 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

that omega, at one point i wanted it.  i like th level of detail on it, BUT i keep the bad parts now.  awkward hips.  arms a bit short.  the clear yellow chest piece needs to be clear red.  i do like what they did with the rest of it though mostly. 

Having no previous affinity for the character, I guess I'm able to see this version in a very positive light. For such a large figure, they gave him a pretty good range of articulation, they imbued all his separate parts with some functionality/feature, his sculpt work looks amazing, to me anyway, and on the whole he just seems like a really good update, a fun toy, and one that had the benefit of some love from the designers incorporated into the design. There's a part of me that wants to get him, but I have no idea what I'd do with him, as he wouldn't fit on my CHUG shelves, and I have nowhere to really display him. Alas, first world conundrum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess BBTS got theirs early?  Hasbro Pulse is still showing preorder with a release date of 10-1.  I have mine preordered at Amazon, and Amazon is telling me 10-4 is the release date and I won't get it until 10-8.

Either way, I'll review it here, and I'll probably compare it with DX9's Gabriel.  So I'm not checking out Emgo's review right now, I wanna go in fresh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

I guess BBTS got theirs early?  Hasbro Pulse is still showing preorder with a release date of 10-1.  I have mine preordered at Amazon, and Amazon is telling me 10-4 is the release date and I won't get it until 10-8.

Either way, I'll review it here, and I'll probably compare it with DX9's Gabriel.  So I'm not checking out Emgo's review right now, I wanna go in fresh.

 

I'm looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love that intro shot.. I haven't opened my MP-44 and at this rate, I'm not sure I ever will. I think I might have to stop collecting MP Transformers... I just don't have the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Siege OS's elevated track is nice, but like most versions besides G1, it is missing the core (to me) element----the track is meant for the little tank to run along.  The tanks are always grossly oversized, and don't fit the track at all.  If I ever get another OS, it'll be this one:

59d703b8-f30b-405f-b1e7-634e96832322.jpg

Sure, it has unquestionably the worst "gantry", but the track actually is track, and the tank actually runs along it.  It's a working model railroad.  Tankroad. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every Omega has things I like and dislike, I can't settle on one I would want.  Siege Has a very compact, all-in-one base and is the only one to do anything novel with the rocket/arm transformation; plus he's the cheapest. WeiJiang has a decent price looks really good and he's got the most play features but he's perhaps a bit too stylized and takes too many liberties to work with current Masterpiece  figures. DX9 has the best proportions and G1 cartoon look, plus I like that the track and gantry are physically connected but he's the most expensive of the ones I'm interested in. (FT's way too expensive and doesn't seem overall better than DX9's).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...