Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

See the link Graham posted. Its resin.

I heard that they brought the actual production prototype to the show but when they opened the box, 5 joints and 2 hinges broke plus they found that it had 2 left wings so they had to show the resin one....

is this supposed to be a funny?

I love Yamato's proportion. The anime is too skinny. Thanks for the pics.

Is good that the production prototype broke before it arrives our door steps.

Thanks for the pictures Graham. Question, You seem less enthused about this release than you have in the past with the VF-0's and the YF-19, is it just because you aren't a big fan of the SV-51 or is there something wrong with the design? ( like what Retracting Head Ter Ter said) It's LOOKING really good to me though, I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Retracting Head Ter Ter, were you serious? I guess if it did happen, it's better that it happened now so Yamato can reenforce the joints.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

See the link Graham posted. Its resin.

I heard that they brought the actual production prototype to the show but when they opened the box, 5 joints and 2 hinges broke plus they found that it had 2 left wings so they had to show the resin one....

Just to clarify, before people start panicking this is not at all true, just I guess an attempt at sarcasm.

We really need some sort of sarcasm smiley, so people know when things are true just a joke.

If I was Yamato, I'd be thinking about suing Retracting Head Ter Ter about now for Libel. Wonder if he is a HG or Toynami agent? B))

Graham

Thanks for the pictures Graham. Question, You seem less enthused about this release than you have in the past with the VF-0's and the YF-19, is it just because you aren't a big fan of the SV-51 or is there something wrong with the design?

Chris

I'm very excited about it. I love the SV-51. I do prefer Nora's colors to Ivanov's though.

Still trying to figure out how I'm going to make room for one, let alone multiples in my display case though.

Graham

Well, I went against my own best judgment and preordered from HLJ... the early bird discount was just too tempting. Besides, Yamato is playing this one very shrewdly by releasing the more popular Ivanov version first (I'm sure there are those who prefer Nora's, but Ivanov's is just so badass!); that way, they are almost guaranteed to sell out the first run. I'm just hoping that Yamato has learned its lesson concerning initial releases and put this toy through the ringer to identify problem spots and redesign/reinforce parts accordingly and make same in materials that won't crumble under stress.

Edited by mechaninac

Very cool, but very expensive! Seems like every new 1/60 valk coming out is going higher and higher in price.

I tend to agree. However, with the SV-51 it appears that we'll get a lot more for the money when compared to the YF-19. Whereas you got a "bare" YF-19 for an exorbitant price, the 51 will include external ordinance, booster engines, and a display stand in one box... while still too pricey, it at least offers more bang for the buck.

Edited by mechaninac

Here's my two cents,

Graham meets with Yamato on a regular basis;

AFAIK Graham doesn't speak Japanese, which means that the Yamato rep must speak english;

The people at Yamato know that Graham owns a Macross Fan site with a busy forum full of fanboys;

Therefore the English speaking Yamato rep must lurk here, he'd be stupid not to;

They must have read all the Yamato bashing that's been going on following the release of the YF-19;

They must have thought that, if they weren't going to lower the price of the toys and add more goodies with the package, they'd sell a lot less units of the upcoming SV-51.

Here's my two cents,

Graham meets with Yamato on a regular basis;

AFAIK Graham doesn't speak Japanese, which means that the Yamato rep must speak english;

The people at Yamato know that Graham owns a Macross Fan site with a busy forum full of fanboys;

Therefore the English speaking Yamato rep must lurk here, he'd be stupid not to;

They must have read all the Yamato bashing that's been going on following the release of the YF-19;

They must have thought that, if they weren't going to lower the price of the toys and add more goodies with the package, they'd sell a lot less units of the upcoming SV-51.

I would imagine you're right about this... or at the very least, I'm sure graham communicated how much displeasure there was here when he met with them. However it went, the SV-51 looks to be much more cost effective than the YF-19 and as long as the quality is there, I'll be quite happy.

1) There are a few people at Yamato who speak very good English. Yes, selective topics on the MW forums are read. Not all the time, but occasionally.

2) While I'm not allowed to go into detail yet, the wings do have an interesting feature, that should help with concerns about strength.

3) I've already informed Yamato about the hip gatlings at Wonder Festival. I'm waiting for an answer about whether they will be changed.

Graham

Argh! I don't know whether I should place an order or not... I want to get the 0S first. Gah.

If they ever release an OS with ALL the fixes, I will be first in line. ;)

I think I will sit back and wait till it comes out and see if there are any problems before getting one this time.

-Kyp

1) There are a few people at Yamato who speak very good English. Yes, selective topics on the MW forums are read. Not all the time, but occasionally.

2) While I'm not allowed to go into detail yet, the wings do have an interesting feature, that should help with concerns about strength.

3) I've already informed Yamato about the hip gatlings at Wonder Festival. I'm waiting for an answer about whether they will be changed.

Graham

Graham, I envy you and your vast amount of undisclosable knowledge (on yamato at least ^_^ ).

Edited by Busted VF1A