Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Saw more pics from the 19th Miyazawa Mokei Spring Business Support Sale, as covered by GA Graphics.

Lotsa pics, here's the link :)

http://ga.sbcr.jp/g-toys/miyazawa2/01/index.html

Closeup of the cockpit and Ivanov

http://ga.sbcr.jp/g-toys/miyazawa2/01/17.html

Stand looks really huge from this angle

http://ga.sbcr.jp/g-toys/miyazawa2/01/21.html

I'm still wondering how they fit that massive russian nosegear in there and left enough room for the nose to fold.

I've been thinking about how the nose folds into the fuselage where the landing gear is. I know the question of how it was accomplished has been brought up before but here's my thought on it.

On the YF-19, Yamato made the black glare shield (at the front of the canopy) able to be pushed down, so the nose could fit more flush when in battroid mode.

My theory it that there is a similar piece on the underside of the nosecone on the SV-51 (that we cant see in the pics) that pushes in to allow room for the landing gear when its folded back in batroid mode.

never mind.

I just got a chance to look at some of the earlier posts and this picture kinda sinks my theory

http://ga.sbcr.jp/g-toys/miyazawa2/01/03.html

theres no indication of a push in type part on the underside of the nosecone. Oh Well :wacko:

OK, Yamato, I'll make you a deal. Are you listening? I'll buy one of these SV-51 things for the ridiculous price, despite the fact that I'm not a fan of the design, and despite the fact that I'll have to handle it with kid gloves because there'll be a mile-long thread full of complaints about breakage (and I do apologize for the negativity of that statement).

In return, you make a 1/60 YF-21 late this year or early next. Deal? :D

ummm....like dude

the SV-51 is now available for preorder on HLJ

HLJ SV-51 here

for the ealy bird price of 20,710 yen (about $175 USD)

it comes to $167.25 USD after the *cough*'early bird not much of a discount'*cough* :D

if HLJs got it for that price, someone will sell them cheaper, HLJ is kind of expensive.

$220-$230 at other sites, and people are saying that hlj.com is expensive at $175? Seems like hlj is the place to go. I pre-ordered mine there, and good thing I did. Seems like macrossworld has become a makeshift "focus group" for Yamato in this new production. Now, if only they take some of our points into account. :D

Everyone should remember that the HLJ price is before shipping, where as Samurai-Monkey has it for $230 shipped. HLJ will only ship it through EMS and that can get pricey. I always use EMS so it make's no difference to me but it costs at least double or more than SAL.

HLJ also sells on a Yen to (enter currency here) conversion system, so it may cost more or less when they actually ship because the currency conversion has changed between when you placed the order and when they bill you.

This really sucks for me since the US market is taking a beating lately, the $175 I quoted two days ago is now up to over $178 (from the HLJ currency converter, not totally accurate). If it keeps going like I'll be shelling out over $300 by the time it's in stock :(

I'm guessing a bar that runs the whole length of a wing where the weapons will attach to.

You'll also remove the bar when transforming to gerwalk or battroid.

Mabey the parts are die cast or have ratchet joints for stability? I don't agree with the bar idea, which actually sound like a good one to me, because Yamato has been making their 1/60 valks to be able to transform without the need to remove or add parts (except for missles, FP and such) so I don't see them starting now.

Mabey they have some kind of internal pin that you slide into place to lock the wings in place?

Mabey the parts are die cast or have ratchet joints for stability? I don't agree with the bar idea, which actually sound like a good one to me, because Yamato has been making their 1/60 valks to be able to transform without the need to remove or add parts (except for missles, FP and such) so I don't see them starting now.

Mabey they have some kind of internal pin that you slide into place to lock the wings in place?

I like your idea of an internal pin better than my bar idea :)

It's really fun to speculate :p

it's the speculating that keeps us occupied while our wallets attempt to grow fatter. With some good luck, I'll be about $16,000 richer to spend on toys, a Suzuki GSX-r 750, and pay off a few remaining bills. I may need $1000 just for the Legioss/Tread combo, SV-51, and all the booster kits and supplemental parts for my current collection. Man, July is gonna be a rough month.

BTW, although the market looks a little shaky, look to the housing commission and the sort to balance it all out with lower rates to spur the market. Hopefully our dollars will be stronger when the time comes. :D

I have to agree. I just checked my invoice from when HLJ shipped me my YF-19, and EMS cost 4000 yen. The SV-51 will probably cost about the same.

it's the undetermined number of transformations and the night worth of "wooshing" noises that will occure between the box and my shelf that most worry me.

With my luck, it will survive all that intact, and then topple to a glorious demise in the middle of the night for no apparent reason :( (I'll bet my VF-0A gave him a little nudge)

Well, Here's to some good luck on everyone's shipping. Godspeed SV-51s, and may your journey to our homes be safe and unbroken.

Heck yamato should just put a "1 year warranty on all stress marks, crack and fractures" card for every new macross release. So little faith...

I'm praying this thing is not going to end up with the floppy limbs or the cracks due to overtightness. It's got to be just the right balance.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Everyone should remember that the HLJ price is before shipping, where as Samurai-Monkey has it for $230 shipped. HLJ will only ship it through EMS and that can get pricey. I always use EMS so it make's no difference to me but it costs at least double or more than SAL.

HLJ also sells on a Yen to (enter currency here) conversion system, so it may cost more or less when they actually ship because the currency conversion has changed between when you placed the order and when they bill you.

This really sucks for me since the US market is taking a beating lately, the $175 I quoted two days ago is now up to over $178 (from the HLJ currency converter, not totally accurate). If it keeps going like I'll be shelling out over $300 by the time it's in stock :(

HLJ is still going to be cheaper as shiping shouldn't go more than $35-40. add that in it should be $210 to $215 not much but still cheaper. and even if you could use SAL it would save you all of $5 for something that big.

and its currently at $176.

Im eagerly awaiting this cause it will be my last mecha/toy/figure.. seriously running out room PLUS I got more toys than my kids lol :D

DITTO, I have more toys than my 4yr old and 3 month old combined.

maybe even if we include my 15 yr old.

Im eagerly awaiting this cause it will be my last mecha/toy/figure.. seriously running out room PLUS I got more toys than my kids lol :D

DITTO, I have more toys than my 4yr old and 3 month old combined.

maybe even if we include my 15 yr old.

Those are pretty bold statements fellas. What if a YF-21 and/or VF-11 comes along? :unsure::wacko:

Those are pretty bold statements fellas. What if a YF-21 and/or VF-11 comes along? :unsure::wacko:

ummm...also promised the ball and chain that this would be my last. She's been good to me all these years and has been very understanding with my hobbies.. and she says I must obey or else!! (she has the keys to my display cabinets) :unsure:

ummm...also promised the ball and chain that this would be my last. She's been good to me all these years and has been very understanding with my hobbies.. and she says I must obey or else!! (she has the keys to my display cabinets) :unsure:

Ouch! :blink::(