Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Guys...the SV-51 Ivanov really looks great but something really is bugging me...

Why isn't Yamato pics of the SV-51 with the weapons and the Boosters? :unsure:

All I've seen is pics of the SV-51 in fighter mode naked...no weapons attached whatsoever.

I've only seen 2 missiles attached in Battroid mode in the latest pic...and that's it. No Boosters, extra weapons, missiles whatsoever.

Wouldn't Macross fans be even more excited if they released pics of the SV-51 with the Boosters and extra weapons?

Why no pics? :(

A thought crept into my mind that the said Boosters and armaments might not be included in the package :angry: but of course...that's just a thought of mine.

I'll wait for an actual mass produced SV-51 to be released first and reviewed by others before getting/pre-ordering this expensive baby.

stop being the voice of reason man! ^_^

Worry is only insurance on trouble when it actually arrives. Why stress yourself even more? Mindset people, mindset. ^_^

Worry is only insurance on trouble when it actually arrives. Why stress yourself even more? Mindset people, mindset.

And you know it!!! Doesn't it also lead to the dark side of the force?

I can't wait to see some scans myself. Good plastic goodness wrapped in a nice big box of fun. :huh:

I believe it wont be until he get back to the States

Guys, big apologies. I never did see another copy of it. And I did look at each newstand/bookstore on my way through the train stations and airport. But, after a week of hot, humid, sweaty weather and following my wife around to every "cultural wonder" imaginable in Kyoto, I was just too burnt out and tired to look much beyond our planned route out of there (I'm no kid anymore! Travelling is pretty exhausting nowadays!).

Anyways, sorry that I didn't get 'em. I hope the usual scan posters will obtain absolve me of my guilty conscience soon!

:unsure:

H

OMG! How will I get trough the week without those scans?! Now I'll have to scrutinize those old pics all over again to see if I can find anything wrong with the design so I can b!tch over it in this thread!

:p

j/k Don't sweat it Hurin, someone else will probably post them in the coming days/weeks.

The SV-51 battroid pic looks a bit weird to me. The chest is positioned very far in front of the point where the legs attach. Looks like a hunchback. :huh:

It's just mistransformed. In the proto pics the "hunch" (the piece with the fans) is in the right position. I thinks that's suppose to be the boosterpack by the way.

Interesting, it shows a VF-0S with the ghost bundled with Shin's valk... I wonder if this means we're going to see a VF-0S bundle as well as a Shin VF-0A bundle???

who knows, but you can't make that guess with the pick from danny's site... that ghost pack was using's shin's fuel blisters... you can tell because the blister the rocket pack is attached to is cannon fodder grey and not roy's white.

I have the latest hobby mags and will get them scanned eventually. Sorry, I'm in a lazy phase for the last few months.

Actually, I have about 3-4 months of magazine scans that need adding to the main site.

Graham

I have the latest hobby mags and will get them scanned eventually. Sorry, I'm in a lazy phase for the last few months.

Actually, I have about 3-4 months of magazine scans that need adding to the main site.

Graham

Thanks for the update Graham! B))

We deserved it.

I'm thinking we'll get a glimpse of the boxart next anyway.

How so? I've never seen any boxart prior to the release of the toy.

Although I must say I'm a relative nOOb when it comes to collecting compared to some of you.

If the SV gets good allround marks and no QC issues i may get me wifey to grab me one in Akihabara on her way back

home to aussie. It is hard to justify a need for it when you haven't watched the OVA. It's cool of course, but...

I will watch the OVA while she is away, so i may have that uncontrolable urge to need one after watching. :lol: : P

:edit:

Graham mate, when do we get one of your excellent pre distribution reveiws?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Looks like the Battroid and Gerwalk SV-51 in Danny Choo's pics are made out of different material than the fighter SV-51. I think the Fighter version in the pics is still the resin prototype.

Graham, any news on weather the canopy on the production toy will have the gold effect or not?

Some additional pics from yamato blog:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Interesting way to display the fighter..reminds me of one scene in MO when the SV51 are preparing for launch

IPB Image

Edited by recon

Graham

He lives!!!!!!!! :p

Chris

Graham mate, when do we get one of your excellent pre distribution reveiws?

What he said, I loved your YF-19 review. It really helped with transforming the first time.

Chris