Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

call me a skeptic but im gonna to need confirmation on the transformation/locking pieces on the wings whether are those diecast parts and the hinge area, are they abs/pom plastic otherwise would have to sit this out till the next release, SV-51 Nora ver. Seems for the SV-51, yamato has incorporated alot of diecast parts especially for the transforming parts, which is a good sign. Hope this can be pass on to the VF-0A/S or the YF-19 as well. Altas, still have yet to hear from graham on the fixes for the YF-19 giftset, maybe i should consider skipping that too.

kensei hush..now you give me the shudders...hopefully they are as strong as they look..which doesn't look that strong :p What im worried abt are the hinge joints..hopefully yamato do reinforce those areas in pom

I dunno, is diecast really that strong? I remember snapping my Go-Lions when I was little, and they had heaps of diecast.

Diecast, like everything else in the world, is not indesructable. But Diecast is stronger than POM, POM is stronger than ABS. So among those choices I'll be quite happy with Diecast joints. Besides, it's more likely that the POM/ABS parts directly attached to the hinges will break before the diecast does.

What I want is machined billet aluminum parts (aircraft grade), but that might be overkill on a toy :rolleyes:

I've had a few diecast zinc parts break on toys, so no it's not indestructible, far from it.

it's debatable whether diecast is stronger than POM. There are too many variables, such as the shape, size and stesses on the diecast part and whether it has been well cast or not.

Graham

Man, I've hardly had time to view these boards, but it looks great. I like the hinge lock idea. No plastic pieces to get slowly stress marked and filed down, no hard locking plastic to worry about breakage. That looks good. Oh yeah, I'ma lookin, and I'ma ;) likin!!!!

Guest sh002

Damn I caved back and will be preordering this again from HLJ but without the early bird. I should have just kept the early bird preorder for a while until I was sure. Must keep a good 1/60 collection of valkyries.

I believe the pics are due for a Battroid focus.

This is one of the designs that I definitely prefer one mode over the other.

Edited by kensei

Yeah I got 1 too.

Fighter mode is going to be sweet.

I'm so glad we are getting the full kit with it.

Tell me, does the SV-51 have everything the same as it did when it attacked the Asuka in ep 2 or 3? As well at ep 5?

Tell me, does the SV-51 have everything the same as it did when it attacked the Asuka in ep 2 or 3? As well at ep 5?

From the pics we've seen so far both boosters and all the missiles and fuel tanks are present, so yes, we're getting the full kit + stand ;)

If everything turns out right I'll buy 2 or 3 more Ivanov SV-51's

Thanks, I thought they had different booster in each ep, I can't remember.

Well, it's great that we are having this included. I feel alright about paying that amount of money. It's the whole deal.

Actually, no it doesn't have what they carried on the attack on the Asuka. The toy comes with 2 sets (4) micro-missle pods and the anti-ship missiles, plus the boosters. The toy does not have the drop tanks that were used in episode 3. The configuration that is being given with the toy was used in the epsiode 5 battle.

Chris

In episodes # 1-3 of Macross Zero the SV-51s are shown armed with just two of the micro-missile launcher/auxillary drop tank composite pods mounted near the wingtips and two of the large R-33D Amos+ medium-range maneuvering missiles mounted mid-wing.

However in the last episode (episode # 5) both Nora and DD are armed with 4 of the micro-missile launcher/auxillary drop tank composite pods, along with two R-33D Amos+ medium-range maneuvering missiles and two overwing high-speed, high-maneuverability twin jet boosters. See screen capture below from episode # 5.

Graham

I had asked Graham about that a while ago here's his response with a picture. :)

Chris

Dang it the picture didn't transfer. Here it is. I too thaought the ep. 5 config was the same as ep.3 (with the inner disposable drop tanks that they jettisonned just before the attack, the hasegawa kits came with this configuration too ;) ) Then Graham posted this picture so now I guess Yamato will give us the episode 5 config instead.

Chris

post-265-1178126602_thumb.jpg

I'm gonna have a hard time deciding which mode to display this in.

This might actually be the first toy I'll transform on a regular basis, which is bad considering the expected fragility.

Am I the only one that thinks it's looks a bit glossy? :huh:

This is a must have, but for once, I'll hold out until the report card is issued with QA.

Edited by Mowe