Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Read Grahams new sig. if he's hinting again it sounds like the VF-11 is comming!!! At least I hope :D

Chris

Edited by Dobber

They are just kidding themselves if they say "it's the last one cuz I have too much". That's what people said after all the non-canon vf-1 started coming out.

Ah I just bought a GBP from HLJ while on sale. Really great quality on this. Detail everywhere but due to the chunkyness it's got limited posability. Although not as feature rich as yamato later releases, I still think the 1/48 line overall is thier most QC-safe to get. Any news on if they make the reactive armor for the VF0?

I can barely keep up with other releases now. I hope the loose limb syndrome is fixed for future macross zero valks.

Well, you can always recycle... sell off the old and get the new. That will end up being my route after I tie the knot. My fiance has her own collection of toys and Robotech/Macross stuff, but I'm thinking of consolidating, and selling off the doubles. As for future toys, there comes a point where I just don't know what to do with it. When I move, I'm gonna have one hell of a time boxing up all my stuff. :wacko: Not looking forward to that.

I'm becoming more interested in the rare and hard to find stuff. Much more pricey, but irregular to come by. The SV-51 may be one of my last purchases. (I said one of my....) :D

Your fiance collects Macross toys!? :blink: Damn! she's a keeper!

Here in the Netherlands there's about ten people that know of the existence of Macross and about three of those actually collect Macross toys. The only way I could end up marrying a fellow collector would probably be for me to marry a nerdie guy. Not that there's anything wrong with that. B))

So, with the two collections being combined and all mixed up, are you getting a prenup? :ph34r:;):p

Well, you can always recycle... sell off the old and get the new. That will end up being my route after I tie the knot. My fiance has her own collection of toys and Robotech/Macross stuff, but I'm thinking of consolidating, and selling off the doubles. As for future toys, there comes a point where I just don't know what to do with it. When I move, I'm gonna have one hell of a time boxing up all my stuff. :wacko: Not looking forward to that.

I'm becoming more interested in the rare and hard to find stuff. Much more pricey, but irregular to come by. The SV-51 may be one of my last purchases. (I said one of my....) :D

When the time comes, put in a request to your local grocery store's produce department to have them save the foam padding that's usually in the apple boxes (there's the cardboard trays that the apples rest in, and inbetween those, are the foam padding, to keep the apples from being bruised). They're great for wrapping everything and keeping things from breaking. Just air them out for about a week before you use them as wrapping.

That is what I've been doing. I sold off most of my 1/60s to get the 1/48s. I sold my 1/72 19s & 21s to get the 1/60 YF-19. Now I plan to sell off a couple of 1/48s to get the DD SV-51. One SV-51 is enough for me. I was planning to get the Shin 0A but I've decided that one VF-0S and VF-0A are enough. This stuff is getting too expensive to get too many.

Cool!!! Thanks for those. I like the compairison shots, god this is one sexy beast!

Can't wait to see a plastic production sample, I assume that this is still the resin sculpt.

Chris

That looks ubber sweet. However, I do hope Yamato specs a darker shade of grey for the fuselage and add a golden orange tint to the canopy to make the final product even closer to the CGI comparison pictures. Other than that... :wub:

Looks good. Still it's going into robot mode for me though. Intakes stick out too much. It will be good to have a pope mecha for once in a big size. The black pope is its nickname. He will foreshadow the "end of the world" theme. Catholics everywhere are going to be scared.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Thnaks for the scans bro.

Btw, I was just wondering if the SV-51 also has that plastic intake cover that you put at the front of the intakes when you transform it to battroid and gerwalk mode like the VF-0s and VF-1s have to cover the intakes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was surfing on the net and i found a really intersting info about a good looking bird so look at This!! Guys!

Beautiful.

Can anyone read what it says in the captions?

Let's hope the metal parts connect to POM parts instead of ABS.

I can't wait to get this beauty in my hands. It'll probably take close to an hour to transform it for the first time. :)

yeah, I can just see people forcing the wing joints without disengaging the locks and tearing chunks out of the wing.

of course, they'll then blame yamato for a poor design. :p

yeah, I can just see people forcing the wing joints without disengaging the locks and tearing chunks out of the wing.

of course, they'll then blame yamato for a poor design. :p

You said it!

It's like when I was a kid, my little brother played with my jetfire (well built chunky monkey) and broke it by throwing it. It's just a different level now. If you transform them correctly, they don't break. I have 11 yamatos and they're still fully intact.

Glad to see they're reinforcing the wings a little. With these additions, the POM in the next VF-0's shoulders, and the re-release of the Super M&M's, I hope this is a sign of Yamato taking our concerns seriously.

I know this is stupid, but when I saw that first pic of the white prototype in the link, I was like "Hey! It's the ANTI-Anti-Pope!!" ^_^