Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

so you guys think this can stand on its own? :unsure:

yeah, but I think it will be limited in what poses it can hold. It looks like the back is going to be really heavy and will want to fall over backwards

In Tokyo right now. Saw a Dengeki Hobby Magazine (my first in person!) with some shots of the SV-51's tranformation process via an unpainted mold/prototype? There was also an image of the VF-0A with the fold booster all lit up (if memory serves).

May actually buy the magazine. But I suspect others will have scans up (if they aren't already) before I get home a week from now.

Best,

H

hurin, think you are referring to the 1/60 YF-19 with Fold Booster not the VF-0A shin variant as it comes with the Ghost booster. :p:D

Im more for getting the SV-51 than that of the YF-19 giftset as it possesses reinforced transformation parts in the form of diecast and pom, as yamato has not released any solid news on the fixes for the YF-19, particularly on the neck hinge, gunpod and landing gear. :unsure::huh:

hurin, think you are referring to the 1/60 YF-19 with Fold Booster not the VF-0A shin variant as it comes with the Ghost booster. :p:D

Didn't you hear? They announced the new VF-0 with Fold Booster! YF-19 sales were so terrible due to the QC, that Yamato had to make it compatible with every valk! Up next, the Q-Rau with Fold Boosta!â™ 

The last thing i need is a flashing, light up dildo. :wacko::D Actually the only thing im interested in the package are the FPS, otherwise i would be more than satisfied with a QC free YF-19. :ph34r: Noticed the stand for the SV-51 is quite similar to that which was bundled with ltd Zeta model kit :huh:

Edited by recon

Check out the little landing gears. I think they are very highly detailed in that area.

I'm slowly beginning to accept the price tag.........

Edited by kensei

Yes, sorry. Meant the YF-19 w/ Fold Booster.

Well, finally managed to find some Yamato Valkyries in their natural habitat!

It's a totally strange experience to be able to "browse before you buy" for Valkyries. :lol:

yeah, but I think it will be limited in what poses it can hold. It looks like the back is going to be really heavy and will want to fall over backwards

well i hope it can pull off a few poses of some kind. i just see no point in buying a toy i can't really pose or play with. i know these are adult collectibles and the cool factor is there but its got have some kind of play factor too.

Mine is, and will continue to be on preorder regardless of what the peanut gallery here perceives as 'deal breakers', based on heresay or blurry pictures. The way I see it, I'll pay a little premium in order to get my hands on it fairly early and check it out in person, before delivering any personal judgement. I will always have the option to sell it off for ~95% of my sales price if I don't like it. I like to think of this loss as my 'rental fee' [thanks to EXO, Bobe-Patt, or Jenius, whoever came up with that term].

My basic point is, buy it you want it. Otherwise, don't, and shut up about it already :p

Guys, I have just a small question about the SV-51:

In OVA 3 we can see DD's 51 putting his gunpod on the outer side of his leg.. and the "toe nails" distribution looks like 1 in the front and 2 in the back...

Does this mean that the legs rotate 180º from Gearwalk to Battroid?? Somehow keeping the knee-flexing point one way only?

?

The SV-51 is a bit odd (in the Macross continuity) in that it is a 'back to front' transformation, and the legs in Gerwalk mode are actually opposed 180 degrees to how they appear in Battroid. They do not swivel (edit - actually, they do), but should have both forward and backward articulation.

Edited by Hiriyu

Guys, I have just a small question about the SV-51:

In OVA 3 we can see DD's 51 putting his gunpod on the outer side of his leg.. and the "toe nails" distribution looks like 1 in the front and 2 in the back...

Does this mean that the legs rotate 180º from Gearwalk to Battroid?? Somehow keeping the knee-flexing point one way only?

?

The knee joint swivels with the leg so yes it swivels one way only, unlike the traditional VF series which moves both ways. To illustrate my point better, in gerwalk mode, the SV-51 has 1 front toe and 2 back toes. In battroid mode, its 2 front toes and 1 back toe. It still bends the same way.

Graham's been pretty quiet with this release too. Seems like we've seen/heard much more about the other fighters by this time near the release.

Chris

Graham's been pretty quiet with this release too. Seems like we've seen/heard much more about the other fighters by this time near the release.

Chris

I think that's the result of Graham not being as active in the toy forums... something about him being fed up with our constant battying of yamato.

Well, it looks like there's some interest in the scans. I'm actually heading to the airport from Kyoto today. So, if I can find a Dengeki mag in the airport, I'll pick one up. Otherwise, we'll have to wait for scans from the usual suspects.

H