1/48 Minmay Guard Strike Custom

Anasazi37

This has been a true labor of love....

MW member min commissioned me to make him a very unique custom 1/48. He asked for a 1/48 Minmay Guard Strike, but not the one featured in the 1/72 Hasegawa kit. Instead, he wanted me to extend the designs from the original MG featured in Model Graphix onto a set of armor, FAST packs, and weapons. It took me quite a while to figure out how to make it all work so that when you add the armor the designs continue seamlessly. The end result is pretty darn cool.

This custom was a total repaint. The armor is now a medium grey (the original blue didn't look good) and the valk itself was painted white with a variable grey undertone (cool effect in good light). I also did some light panel line work to accentuate details. Even the pilot was repainted to match the color scheme.

All I have the energy to post tonight are pics of this valk in fighter mode, sans armor. I'll be taking A LOT more pics tomorrow when I have better light. For now, please enjoy these teaser shots. :D

fighter_1.jpg

fighter_2.jpg

fighter_3.jpg

cockpit_pilot.jpg

I'm glad to be the first person to (once again) bowdown to your godlike skills. Your custom decal sets are truely a work of genius. MW is sure glad to have Valkyrie customizers like you.

I'll definitely be waiting for Gerwalk and Battroid (Strike) pics. You da man Anasazi37!

BTW....how much time do you have to put aside for these "commissioned" customs?

B)):p:D

Wow.....fantastic custom. I've forwarded the link to this topic to Yamato for them to see. I'm sure they'll be very impressed.

One thing though, I notice the intake area on the legs is not properly attached in the photos.

Graham

Yes please Graham,

I would die if yamato come out with another exclusive, Minmay Guard Variant.

Just crossing my fingers. Maybe Graham you could also forward the link containing kurt's and Mike Egnima customs too.

Hey Devin, so that whats being keeping you bust besides decals. Awesome job!!

are you going to do one for yourself too? Maybe a Blueroses Strike?

Cheers

a thing I noticed tho, the solid colors don't seem to be....so solid. there's seems to be blotchiness in the print of the decals?

I saw that too, but I can't tell, it almost looks intentional like marbelized or cloud-pattern in the blue. Either way, I really don't think it detracts from the thing at all, in fact it looks like extra detail to me.

I am in awe, that toy looks like a work of art to me. You could not advertise your decals or macross collectibles any better, Awesome work!!!!

As promised, MORE PICS! Sorry for the delay, everyone. I was exhausted last night after spending all day finishing up this bad boy.

The FAST packs, leg armor, and arm armor now sport the same color scheme as the rest of the valk. It took a lot of planning and strategizing to figure out how to make the tire treads work properly since the armor is much darker and the original decals are semi-translucent (on purpose, so they blend into the paint job on the valk) . I ended up adding an opaque undercoat to the patterns and it worked beautifully! I also decked out the RMS-1 and UUM-7 armaments just for fun. I think it adds a nice touch to round out this valk.

armor.jpg

Edited by Anasazi37