Batman: Caped Crusader (Series) [Prime Video]

13 minutes ago, Big s said:

It seems like a good time for comic based cartoons. For once in three or four decades, I feel more excited by American animation projects than Anime offerings. 

I just hope this one is better than what DC animation is currently offering. For some reason I lost interest on their recenr releases. The art style doesn’t do well for me. Outlines are too thick and clean. But that’s just me. 

I wouldn’t mind if the style ends up like the ‘Strange Days’ short. ;) 

This is going to be interesting. An Asian-American Harley Quinn with a reverse personality from the original.

Bruce Timm:
“I co-created the character, so I have a lot of love and affection for her, but I thought there might be something interesting about bringing her on the show, just not as Joker’s girlfriend,” Timm says. “So how do we do that? A big part was just doing a basic flip. The original Dr. Quinzel was a little bit more serious, and then when she became Harley, she got really goofy and weird. So we thought, what if we reverse that? When she's Dr. Quinzel, she's a little bit more whimsical and fun, and then when she's Harley Quinn, she's scary.”

Batman-Caped-Crusader-050824-1-50d9c298a45a4bfc8d3990374ce132a7.jpg.4faaf56cd2b69bbf3ee19497597fad08.jpg

Batman-Caped-Crusader-050824-tout-f1aee17bc2704a79b743e1bc3b726cf8.jpg.9ffdfd1e1e76e13b6f93fa81e54fa9ec.jpg

https://ew.com/batman-caped-crusader-exclusive-first-look-asian-american-harley-quinn-8645683

20 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I just hope this one is better than what DC animation is currently offering. For some reason I lost interest on their recenr releases. The art style doesn’t do well for me. Outlines are too thick and clean. But that’s just me. 

I feel the same way.  I just saw the first part of Crisis on Infinite Earths and the style reminded me of Archer.

But this new Batman series looks promising.

I’m personally a bit tired of Harley being in everything. But having Harley with no attachment to the Joker is just weird. Hopefully things don’t just end up stupid and the show ends up good.

5 hours ago, lechuck said:

This won't be considered as an addition to the original Timm-verse right?

It’s not connected to the old series at all. It has too many differences. Although since all these comic things think we all love multiverses, there could be an odd cringy crossover 

6 hours ago, lechuck said:

This won't be considered as an addition to the original Timm-verse right?

Not connected to the original Timm-verse in the same sense. While Bruce Timm is producing, this is actually period-set in the 1940s rather than using the 1940s-style with modern technology as with Timm's original Batman: TAS.

4 hours ago, Big s said:

It’s not connected to the old series at all. It has too many differences. Although since all these comic things think we all love multiverses, there could be an odd cringy crossover 

I hope not. As much that crossover is so cool by seeing other counterparts, hope they don't do it here. ;) 

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I hope not. As much that crossover is so cool by seeing other counterparts, hope they don't do it here. ;) 

I personally hate the multiverse and the trend of constant multiverse overuse going on sucks

Agree with the crossover consensus: let this be its own thing detached from prior shows. Divorcing it from any other continuity allows for more creative freedom with the characters, and that's the most interesting aspect of this show thus far. Heck, they could even change Bruce's origin story or his motivation for becoming the Batman; maybe his parents are still alive but some other tragedy touched his life at a young age leaving a profound impression. Perhaps changing the family dynamic such that Bruce's parents are cold and aloof businessmen and social elites who alienate their precocious son who finds solace in a fatherly Alfred. Alfred is murdered while protecting his young charge during an outing (ironically with Bruce buying a Christmas gift for his detached parents to try and curry attention and favor). Bruce grows up with that void and an ever-growing separation from his family but uses his genius to make his own way forging a rival company to his parents, eventually surpassing them. But Alfred's loss remains heavy on Bruce and the Batman is born out of that grief. Perhaps his parents are the first corrupt people the Batman takes down. With his parents in prison, Bruce then takes over the Wayne Foundation, the manor, and establishes his Batcave. I just made all this up off the cuff, but I wouldn't mind seeing this revised story in a new telling of the Batman story. 

2 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

Agree with the crossover consensus: let this be its own thing detached from prior shows. Divorcing it from any other continuity allows for more creative freedom with the characters, and that's the most interesting aspect of this show thus far. Heck, they could even change Bruce's origin story or his motivation for becoming the Batman; maybe his parents are still alive but some other tragedy touched his life at a young age leaving a profound impression. Perhaps changing the family dynamic such that Bruce's parents are cold and aloof businessmen and social elites who alienate their precocious son who finds solace in a fatherly Alfred. Alfred is murdered while protecting his young charge during an outing (ironically with Bruce buying a Christmas gift for his detached parents to try and curry attention and favor). Bruce grows up with that void and an ever-growing separation from his family but uses his genius to make his own way forging a rival company to his parents, eventually surpassing them. But Alfred's loss remains heavy on Bruce and the Batman is born out of that grief. Perhaps his parents are the first corrupt people the Batman takes down. With his parents in prison, Bruce then takes over the Wayne Foundation, the manor, and establishes his Batcave. I just made all this up off the cuff, but I wouldn't mind seeing this revised story in a new telling of the Batman story. 

To me the origin of Batman is something that shouldn’t be messed with. It doesn’t matter if it’s shown or just implied, but it’s such an iconic thing about the character that if it’s changed then it may as well be any other character, like Batman beyond or whoever