Hi-Metal R VF-1J Hikaru Armored Valkyrie Revival Version

sh9000

3 hours ago, RIBFIR said:

Anyone know of any reliable sellers that still have this for order?

https://www.yoyakunow.com/en/robots/16171-hi-metal-r-vf-1j-armored-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijou-custom-revival-ver.html

Some one posted that store for the upcoming Vermillion releases. 

Thought about taking the plunge with the but I went AE instead.

Edited by Froy

7 hours ago, Duymon said:

Thanks for the link. I jumped on board for one. 😎👍

11 hours ago, Gabe Q said:

It looks good but the head placement reminds me of a kid that steals the family car but can barely see over the dashboard.

The GBP chest piece doesn't fit the VF-1D....so that area is not going to look right at certain angles....

large.20230523_201441.jpg.4865784f2f024c

Just now, jvmacross said:

The GBP chest piece doesn't fit the VF-1D....so that area is not going to look right at certain angles....

large.20230523_201441.jpg.4865784f2f024c

Last night was playing around with my VF-1D and realized you can pop the chest plate and maybe use one from a regular VF to fit the armor just for the pictures.

I would try to do that but my first revival should be arriving next week.

Also was trying to find a way to remove the whole cockpit area to recreate the Yamato gimick but it seems to be super glued. I seem not to find any screws.

As the chest plate is swappable and hardly noticeable at certain angles, that is one solution for the VF-1D to wear the chest armor properly.

In regards to the fuselage, it is glued onto the chest frame underneath the chest plate but with a little work it can be removed.

B6922B22-6967-42C8-8C1E-8F9A48B133A9.jpeg.5e1ccb3a497177b3391ccb5d654433c1.jpeg

16 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

As the chest plate is swappable and hardly noticeable at certain angles, that is one solution for the VF-1D to wear the chest armor properly.

In regards to the fuselage, it is glued onto the chest frame underneath the chest plate but with a little work it can be removed.

B6922B22-6967-42C8-8C1E-8F9A48B133A9.jpeg.5e1ccb3a497177b3391ccb5d654433c1.jpeg

Oh! Yes.

I need to do that.

I would love to recreate this sequences

Screenshot_20230524-1232262.png.bd5db29f6190eaa25274744685833ed8.png

Still would need to make some custom gun straps

4 minutes ago, chingu77 said:

Hobby Genki..

DSC02779.JPG.9725dc69650b764b05285cb63d5410b7.JPGDSC02778.JPG.2a2d3db02fde6a0dbe1bc4d619d12f99.JPG

Sorry to see that happened. Is that due to less padding inside? And how was the shipping box? Is this due to how the shipping box got mishandled or the actual product box has already dents?

Sorry about your item @chingu77.  I think it's a rare case though.  Hobby Genki is one of the few stores that individually bubble wrap items in the order being shipped and then ships in strong boxes.  The condition of the toy packaging arrives without damage.  Hopefully yours will be an opener so that it might be less of an issue.

EC471755-B93D-4BED-839C-880E5F2C453F.jpeg.afa3e357c16e357280aa83e59608d943.jpeg

HMR TV VF-1S with TV colored armor.  I like both colored versions of armor on the VF-1S.

Edited by sh9000

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Sorry to see that happened. Is that due to less padding inside? And how was the shipping box? Is this due to how the shipping box got mishandled or the actual product box has already dents?

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Sorry about your item @chingu77.  I think it's a rare case though.  Hobby Genki is one of the few stores that individually bubble wrap items in the order being shipped and then ships in strong boxes.  The condition of the toy packaging arrives without damage.  Hopefully yours will be an opener so that it might be less of an issue.

EC471755-B93D-4BED-839C-880E5F2C453F.jpeg.afa3e357c16e357280aa83e59608d943.jpeg

HMR TV VF-1S with TV colored armor.  I like both colored versions of armor on the VF-1S.

Their actually my go to store.. pkg is consistent on this order, bubble wrapped and secure outer packaging. I got an alert from them last week item was available and got lucky to pick one up.. I wonder if it was a return.. the tape seal on the box are double/retaped (not clean) looks like may be opened before... what is "an opener?"  

Edited by chingu77

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

AE also does a good job with packing, which actually helped recently. DHL massively screwed up when shipping my VF-25F Super. Big gash alone one side of the box which cut through the double wall of cardboard and the bubble wrap. Since the box was no longer rigid, it got crushed on that side and in turn crushed the box for the VF-25F. I'm still pretty upset about it. AE instructed me to file a claim with DHL, DHL said AE had to file the claim because they sent the package. Went round and round a few times with both of them and AE finally said that they would file a claim. Still waiting to hear the outcome, but I will say that they've been responsive to my emails. First time I've had an issue like this with them. If they had packed the valk with less care, which most stores do, it would have been completely trashed.

20230512_160846.jpg

20230512_161149.jpg

4 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

AE also does a good job with packing, which actually helped recently. DHL massively screwed up when shipping my VF-25F Super. Big gash alone one side of the box which cut through the double wall of cardboard and the bubble wrap. Since the box was no longer rigid, it got crushed on that side and in turn crushed the box for the VF-25F. I'm still pretty upset about it. AE instructed me to file a claim with DHL, DHL said AE had to file the claim because they sent the package. Went round and round a few times with both of them and AE finally said that they would file a claim. Still waiting to hear the outcome, but I will say that they've been responsive to my emails. First time I've had an issue like this with them. If they had packed the valk with less care, which most stores do, it would have been completely trashed.

20230512_160846.jpg

20230512_161149.jpg

holy crap.. sorry to see that happen, hope your claim works out,, mine's currently in transit now from KappaH... crossing fingers😣