MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

28 minutes ago, borgified said:

So it's a 50/50 draw, Which means "We're extremely screwed up the *** ! ":wacko:

wow! not sure but at least for me is the first time I see AmiAmi doing this, what is this?, this DX YF 19  turning into a holy grail or something? 😅, I was planning today to get another DX PO directly from Japan but oh well, still thank you very much @borgified for the information. :) 

I think Amiami did this draw before.  Does anyone remember which specific DX in particular [ I think it was a DX VF-1s Hikaru/Roy or the DX VF-1J Hikaru] ?      

Edited by borgified

8 hours ago, DewPoint said:

Perhaps a method to combat purchasing bots?

That's my initial reaction to the news as well. The upside is potentially no bots. The downside is potentially entering multiple lotteries across multiple sites in a semi-futile effort to secure a PO. What if you end up "winning" on more than one site? I guess you'd have to buy all of them? In that case, if you limit yourself to one site, you might miss out entirely and then have to deal with the secondary market after release. As much as some folks might not like the following idea, I'm okay with all sites charging the full purchase price up front for POs. The few times I've seen stores do that, their POs were available for a lot longer. Having to put a lot of money on the table seems to be a big discouragement for scalpers.

19 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

This might be an unpopular opinion, but Bandai could just, you know, make it easier to buy their crap, instead of making their customers scramble over each other like a bunch of circus seals fighting over a bucket of fish.

And it's not like they don't know how to make it easier. Just look at the all Gundam stuff they produce. Yes, that franchise is orders of magnitude more popular than Macross, so they care about it orders of magnitude more, but they should be able to apply the same business logic to producing Macross stuff. It seems like there's clearly unmet demand that they could meet without flooding the market and making it unprofitable for them. I'm not a fan of artificial scarcity. I buy these toys to enjoy them, not as investments, so I don't need their value to go up over time due to limited supply.

Amiami is putting more pre-orders up just like the VF-0s Roy close to release date as the first wave had pre-orders filled quickly @Sokeijon

I have both the HMR VF-0d and the Orguss pre-ordered when it was first solicited, can’t wait to get them in person (more leaning towards the HMR Orguss slightly more). 

YF-19 is up on BBTS if anyone's still looking, but youch, $255. :blink: 

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/246315?o=10&utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=marketing&utm_content=

I don't have my original record from the YF-19 Full Set purchase, but that was 25000 yen in September of 2018, when the exchange rate was roughly 110 yen to a dollar.. meaning yeah, I probably paid less for the full set than this one.  That hurts.

On 7/7/2023 at 11:58 AM, Chronocidal said:

YF-19 is up on BBTS if anyone's still looking, but youch, $255. :blink: 

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/246315?o=10&utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=marketing&utm_content=

I don't have my original record from the YF-19 Full Set purchase, but that was 25000 yen in September of 2018, when the exchange rate was roughly 110 yen to a dollar.. meaning yeah, I probably paid less for the full set than this one.  That hurts.

wow sold out already for the DX YF-19 at the price point, it seems is indeed a hot valk, the YF-19 at least for me has to be one of the best Macross design Valks outhere and is good to see the love from this side of the world as well.

in the meantime here is another PO for the link from eknightmedia website, is being a while I haven't bought from them but when I did I never had an issue with orders, the only thing you need to be aware of is the PO closure date, is pretty much guarantee your PO order if you get it before the closing date.

https://www.eknightmedia.com/macross-plus-yf-19-excalibur-isamu-alva-dyson-use-dx-chogokin-action-figure-by-bandai-tamashii-nations.html

On 7/12/2023 at 10:06 PM, Alex GS said:

wow sold out already for the DX YF-19 at the price point, it seems is indeed a hot valk, the YF-19 at least for me has to be one of the best Macross design Valks outhere and is good to see the love from this side of the world as well.

in the meantime here is another PO for the link from eknightmedia website, is being a while I haven't bought from them but when I did I never had an issue with orders, the only thing you need to be aware of is the PO closure date, is pretty much guarantee your PO order if you get it before the closing date.

https://www.eknightmedia.com/macross-plus-yf-19-excalibur-isamu-alva-dyson-use-dx-chogokin-action-figure-by-bandai-tamashii-nations.html

Just saw this and put an preorder in eknightmedia. Hope they will pull through and hope this means yf-21 is next

18 hours ago, MikeRoz said:

USAGundamStore.com has the new YF-19 for pre-order for $250. Today only, there is a 20% off coupon code: Macross2. This brings the price before tax and shipping to $200.

https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/macross-plus-dx-chogokin-yf-19-excalibur-isamu-alva-dyson-use

Coupon still valid, that´s a total of $226.78 shipped to TX including shipping and taxes, thanks, good price 👍

Edited by betocc

On 7/19/2023 at 8:03 AM, betocc said:

Coupon still valid, that´s a total of $226.78 shipped to TX including shipping and taxes, thanks, good price 👍

15SITE coupon 15% off during this weekend for anyone interested 

Was considering getting that Threezero 1J but then I saw that they Bandai'd the landing gear, so nuts to that.

That's right up there with putting the on/off switch for the arc reactor light on their Iron Man figures underneath a panel that you need to unscrew to open... after pulling the torso off completely from the lower half.

13 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Was considering getting that Threezero 1J but then I saw that they Bandai'd the landing gear, so nuts to that.

That's right up there with putting the on/off switch for the arc reactor light on their Iron Man figures underneath a panel that you need to unscrew to open... after pulling the torso off completely from the lower half.

Haha, I don’t care about the landing gears but I noticed they also Bandai’d the stand. Of all the things to copy, why that hideous, lame stand?!🤬

Seriously, all things considered, it really looks like they tried to just do a miniature DX.  

It's nice being saturated with good VF-1 products, but I just can't convince myself I need another scale to mess with, especially not when it costs more than I paid for my old Yamato 1/60 copies with super or strike packs.

I know that's an outdated standard, and everything is more expensive, but I don't see it as an improvement in any way that matters, and I'm pretty well at the saturation point for the VF-1.