• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I didn’t really care much for the original. I think the premise seemed so ridiculous that I couldn’t get into the movie. The acting wasn’t bad and most of the story could’ve been interesting, but the idea just lost me

5 hours ago, Big s said:

I didn’t really care much for the original. I think the premise seemed so ridiculous that I couldn’t get into the movie. The acting wasn’t bad and most of the story could’ve been interesting, but the idea just lost me

BIRD BOX was a pandemic movie. Back when we were stuck inside and watched whatever that kept us sane.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

This looks really good! Must be in Phoenix's contract with Ridley Scott to only portray emperors too, lol.

That is a hell of a trailer. Will definitely be seeing this.

17 minutes ago, electric indigo said:

I remember my enthusiasm after the House of Gucci trailer, so this time I'll be just 50% thrilled.

It would have been a much better movie without Jared Leto in it. He ruins every scene he's in, which is too many.

From the article itself:

According to a new report from the Belfast Telegraph, Kenneth Branagh has been tapped to direct the film. Outside of Branagh's involvement, few details have been made available. However, that report has since been seemingly debunked by Gargoyles creator Greg Weisman who cast doubt that this report was accurate.

"I heard someone say a new donut shop is opening up, but someone else said it isn't." This is about as news-y as a fart in the wind. I'm fine assuming it doesn't exist until concrete evidence turns up that it exists.

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

From the article itself:

"I heard someone say a new donut shop is opening up, but someone else said it isn't." This is about as news-y as a fart in the wind. I'm fine assuming it doesn't exist until concrete evidence turns up that it exists.

Yeah. Gotta love 'dem interwebs. Turning maybes into "OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY"RE RE-MAKING MY CHILDHOOD SHOW!!!!!! OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!"

We should know. <_<🙄

13 minutes ago, azrael said:

Yeah. Gotta love 'dem interwebs. Turning maybes into "OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY"RE RE-MAKING MY CHILDHOOD SHOW!!!!!! OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!OMG!!!"

We should know. <_<🙄

And then when it finally happens, it gets cancelled early if it’s good or continues due to people hate watching the first season because it was that unbelievably bad

If Disney of 20, maybe even 15, years ago had announced -- even just a trial balloon -- their intent of making a theatrical "LA" version of Gargoyles, I'd be one of the OMG!!!OMG!!! crowd; current Disney, on the other hand, going by the godawful butchering they've been doing to most of their own past IP glories... not trusting them to do any justice to, or anything good with, Goliath and his clan and all the Druidic, Anglo-Saxon, Frankish, and Gothic mythology/folklore that underpins its setting, and that they won't make the casting look like downtown LA even for the pseudo-historical bits; as a company, they just can't be trusted until the product is released and vetted.  Caveat Emptor is most certainly advised.

2 hours ago, mechaninac said:

If Disney of 20, maybe even 15, years ago had announced -- even just a trial balloon -- their intent of making a theatrical "LA" version of Gargoyles, I'd be one of the OMG!!!OMG!!! crowd; current Disney, on the other hand, going by the godawful butchering they've been doing to most of their own past IP glories... not trusting them to do any justice to, or anything good with, Goliath and his clan and all the Druidic, Anglo-Saxon, Frankish, and Gothic mythology/folklore that underpins its setting, and that they won't make the casting look like downtown LA even for the pseudo-historical bits; as a company, they just can't be trusted until the product is released and vetted.  Caveat Emptor is most certainly advised.

I just can’t see how anyone could be excited for a Disney project these days. And I gotta agree that if this happened a few years back, maybe only three I might have been interested.

Nobody is excited about the next Disney movie, except the bots in comment sections & the bots in critic/audience scores.

Disney makes a "profit" off every movie that bombs. That's why they don't care what the audience thinks & explains why they're happy to attack the fanbase. 

It's called an ESG (Environmental Social Governance) score.

It's basically a financial bailout corporations receive if they adhere to the ESG policy. Most corporations are captured by this policy. If a corporation refuses to comply with this ESG policy they go broke by not being eligible for:

*loans

*Transacting with other ESG compliant companies.

Next time you ask yourself the question " Is this company crazy. Willingly destroying their own brand?"

No. They know exactly what they're doing. They're destroying their own brand to remain financially solvent. That's why boycotting them doesn't work.

Edited by troyness