I think this has great potential. The last Mospeada toys that I had were the CM ones, and they fell apart like nothing else. I would like to get the sentinel stuff, but if these are affordable, I would consider this. The scale makes it seem like it would not be too small to manipulate with my old, arthritis ridden fat fingers!

Twich

9 hours ago, Mog said:

I’d have to see armor mode to give an accurate opinion.

Yeahh.. at moment there doesn't appear to be any info other than that image. We'll wait for the next Hobby Japan issue to be out.

9 hours ago, enphily said:

didn't see any post from WF about Tread

I think Sentinel didn't participate in this WF at all. 

4 hours ago, MKT said:

Pic via Stone Cheung on FB.
It looks like the next Riobot Ride-Armor will be Eagle’s.

Still not sure what is that other bike at bottom.

84242D84-EC95-4D18-869E-655425BB52C2.jpeg.fb7ca745f278921147ffb0381e2f9f75.jpeg

Generic soldier from Mars Base, either Scott Bernard (21 being his unit number) or a place holder?

Shame it came to an end...mostly just hoping for jumpsuits and dress uniforms.

To be honest I didn’t read the story, but mostly followed for the new mecha designs.

I quite like the Inbit redesigns, & the additional Legioss + Tread variants.

If the new ride-armors brings to mind some Bubblegum Crisis feeling, this new #12 bike definitely gives it Highway Star vibes. I like it even if it turns out to be non-transformable.

I chat with a staff of POSE+ and ask him why the scale of Alpha is so huge. He said because they develop the size of Alpha according to the scale of the small armoured cyclone figure in the cockpit. That figure is the same scale of the released small B2FIVE Battler Cyclone, which POSE+ did the design work for B2FIVE.

IMG_20230731_183245.jpg

IMG_20230731_200525.jpg

IMG_20230731_200514.jpg

IMG_20230731_183322.jpg

VR-052F-Battler-Cyclone-Scott-featured-1-1024x1024.jpg

Edited by Masked Aviator

22 minutes ago, jenius said:

I was working on my B2Five review and it was going to end "C'mon B2Five, give us a matching Alpha!" Then I went to comic con and saw this. You can tell the pilot is a B2Five by the pegs on the wrist

I am looking forward to your B2FIVE review. There is not much review on Youtube about that small cyclone series. You are right, I didn't notice the pegs on the wrist. 

4 hours ago, MKT said:

To be honest I didn’t read the story, but mostly followed for the new mecha designs.

I quite like the Inbit redesigns, & the additional Legioss + Tread variants.

If the new ride-armors brings to mind some Bubblegum Crisis feeling, this new #12 bike definitely gives it Highway Star vibes. I like it even if it turns out to be non-transformable.

Same.
Mostly just wondering if they'll have Jupiter Base or other divisions' color and uniform designs.

3 hours ago, Masked Aviator said:

I am looking forward to your B2FIVE review. There is not much review on Youtube about that small cyclone series. You are right, I didn't notice the pegs on the wrist. 

They’re cool if you have a lack of space, but can be a bit tough in the torso transformation and parts tend to fly off easy or pop out of place. They’re better for leaving in one mode if you transform it around the rider. They’re actually more fun in bike mode because the rider is highly poseable for the size and the bike is more solid in that mode

Man the pose+ alpha is huge.  That's a mospeada collection centerpiece type of toy.   It is relatively "reimagined".... A touch more so than sentinel's which are reimagined slightly too but seem to keep the feel of the original designs.  The pose+ , at least in these prototype materials shots looks "updated" to me.    I was one of those that held onto the evolution toys legioss even while collecting the sentinel's because I wanted a larger representation of that design and I think it's anime ish looks and proportions were nice.  They did however lack detailing for a figure that size...these pose+ seems to have addressed that by doing some made up details, but aesthetically seems to work ok.  I almost wanna track down a b2five ride armor now.  Hmm...

Gotta commend Pose+ taking a different approach with the Alpha. Instead of having it combine with a Beta (I think we can agree at this size, the chances of Beta happening will be very slim), they combine with a pilot that can also wear a full-fledge transformable Cyclone. Now I wonder if there is space in Fighter to store a Cyclone as well..

What is a bit of downer of that Alpha sculpt, is how small the vertical stabilizers are. The Sentinel ones are already small, but this looks even proportionately tinier. 

320mm=12.5 inches, which is about the size I'd actually WANT one of these things

The Riobot 1/48 Legioss is awesome, but way to dang small for my hands, it gets me very frustrated with all the small pieces.
If it was larger-say 1/24 or 1/32 I'd personally be much happier. I like the size of the Bandai DX 1/48...it feels right

image.png.01b6a3c071585634bc9bca860dbe5fe8.png

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

320mm=12.5 inches, which is about the size I'd actually WANT one of these things

The Riobot 1/48 Legioss is awesome, but way to dang small for my hands, it gets me very frustrated with all the small pieces.
If it was larger-say 1/24 or 1/32 I'd personally be much happier. I like the size of the Bandai DX 1/48...it feels right

Yeah, this is even on the larger size of what I'd really like.  I do love the Riobot for being compact and easy to display, but it's definitely smaller than I'd like.

I feel like whatever scale would get it the size of a 1/60 VF-1 would be pretty ideal, but I'm not going to turn down a bigger one.. provided I can afford it. :p 

On 7/31/2023 at 2:46 PM, Masked Aviator said:

I chat with a staff of POSE+ and ask him why the scale of Alpha is so huge. He said because they develop the size of Alpha according to the scale of the small armoured cyclone figure in the cockpit. That figure is the same scale of the released small B2FIVE Battler Cyclone, which POSE+ did the design work for B2FIVE.

IMG_20230731_183245.jpg

IMG_20230731_200525.jpg

The aesthetics of the Alpha make me think of the old Robotech RPG illustrations by Long; they have a very American-comic-book style which doesn't suit the mecha. Most likely a 1/32 or 1/24 rendition pulled from the Sentinel 1/48 and then somehow mangled. And that fighter windscreen... What were they thinking?

Yeah, it reminds me of the hyper-detailed VF-1 statues you see for sale for 600 bucks on BBTS. They're detailed and well-painted, but the aesthetic is a complete mismatch IMO.

I am kind of interested in the soldier mode cockpit, but I have a weird hang-up about cockpit orientations in transforming fighters and I like seeing manufacturers do the mechanics of making them functional. Dunno if that's enough to get me over my distaste for the RT brand/HG.

7 hours ago, captain america said:

The aesthetics of the Alpha make me think of the old Robotech RPG illustrations by Long; they have a very American-comic-book style which doesn't suit the mecha. Most likely a 1/32 or 1/24 rendition pulled from the Sentinel 1/48 and then somehow mangled. And that fighter windscreen... What were they thinking?

My guess is they fixated on the idea of an opening chest for the pilot to get in and out, rather than from under the head, and turned the windscreen into a hatch to make it work.

I'm not completely against the idea, but I need to see a finished product without all of the rough guesswork.  I don't want to judge the overall aesthetic until then, but I do get the same impression, the design has a western-styled look to the detailing.  Can't say it really bothers me though, I think the overall look is close enough to the Sentinel design to satisfy my need for a "big" Legioss.. which, until the Sentinel release, I really didn't care about much in the first place, since it always felt like a clunky design.

12 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

My guess is they fixated on the idea of an opening chest for the pilot to get in and out, rather than from under the head, and turned the windscreen into a hatch to make it work.

I'm not completely against the idea, but I need to see a finished product without all of the rough guesswork.  I don't want to judge the overall aesthetic until then, but I do get the same impression, the design has a western-styled look to the detailing.  Can't say it really bothers me though, I think the overall look is close enough to the Sentinel design to satisfy my need for a "big" Legioss.. which, until the Sentinel release, I really didn't care about much in the first place, since it always felt like a clunky design.

I didn’t really think of it, but this does look like it would fit in with those pumpkin heads more