20 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Anyone after the Jetfire repaint, BBTS has them on clearance at the moment.

ShowZ has had the KC Jetfire paintjob for months now for even cheaper ($140 shipped, no tax) compared to the $169 price at BBTS not including the $4 shipping and tax. All that said, I don't have the Jetfire or any KC valk but one of my friends has the Jetfire. After handling it, I wasn't all that impressed and I certainly wouldn't pay $190ish out the door for it at BBTS or even $140 at ShowZ.

Yeah, no, I've never been impressed with KC's molding or other details enough to jump on one.  

I did put in a pre-order for one of the KO Yamato V2 releases in that scheme though.  No idea when (or if) it will even happen.  I might wind up painting one of my old Yamato V2 kits in that scheme instead, but I'd have to find some super packs for it.

9 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

The purple has a better fit and finish and a better box, the red feels and looks rushed as if they did it under duress. Out of all the ones I own only the red broke, only the red felt cheaper the plastic feels brittle in my hands. Disappointed owner regarding the red both in price and quality.

This is the first I've heard the God Of Flame version feels noticeably worse than other color versions since. Do others agree?

8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I did put in a pre-order for one of the KO Yamato V2 releases in that scheme though.  No idea when (or if) it will even happen.  I might wind up painting one of my old Yamato V2 kits in that scheme instead, but I'd have to find some super packs for it.

Are you talking about the Fugu one from ShowZ? Yeah, I was interested in that too. Not sure when it's coming though, or if.

26 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

Are you talking about the Fugu one from ShowZ? Yeah, I was interested in that too. Not sure when it's coming though, or if.

That might have been it, I only put the minimum down for a "pre-order" since I don't think there was any solid release date listed.

30 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

This is the first I've heard the God Of Flame version feels noticeably worse than other color versions since. Do others agree?

Well I'm not expecting anyone to agree:) it's subjective to my own experience, I opened 9 brand new boxes of them at one time and the only ones out of them I had issues was the Red GOF, both of them, one was serial 1xx then the other was serial 24xx so beginning and end of production. one broke while the other the pins in arms and legs were jammed in at an angle, barely usable. GOF has a horrible reputation on the transformers forums,  for a good reason they rushed production, cut corners and I speculate used cheaper plastic's . this is my just experience but I'm far from being the only one:lol: 

Purple GOF and Angel Birds were much more pleasant experience.  

1 minute ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

Well I'm not expecting anyone to agree:) it's subjective to my own experience, I opened 9 brand new boxes of them at one time and the only ones out of them I had issues was the Red GOF, both of them, one was serial 1xx then the other was serial 24xx so beginning and end of production. one broke while the other the pins in arms and legs were jammed in at an angle, barely usable. GOF has a horrible reputation on the transformers forums,  for a good reason they rushed production, cut corners and I speculate used cheaper plastic's . this is my just experience but I'm far from being the only one:lol: 

Purple GOF and Angel Birds were much more pleasant experience.  

That's very specific. I'm genuinely interested if others here notice a difference too.

18 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

That might have been it, I only put the minimum down for a "pre-order" since I don't think there was any solid release date listed.

Yeah, I don't know much about it, but it appealed to me to have a larger size, and I assumed it was on par with Valk Factory KOs. 

Speaking of which, do people think it's the Valk Factory folks doing this on the side?

9 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

Yeah, I don't know much about it, but it appealed to me to have a larger size, and I assumed it was on par with Valk Factory KOs. 

Speaking of which, do people think it's the Valk Factory folks doing this on the side?

If it does come out I hope someone can make some stickers to help it look more G1 accurate. it looks good, but not as good as some of the custom ones done I've seen using genuine arcadia valks 

1 hour ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

If it does come out I hope someone can make some stickers to help it look more G1 accurate. it looks good, but not as good as some of the custom ones done I've seen using genuine arcadia valks 

This is the guy who did the amazing Jetfire DX custom awhile back:

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/the-macross-thread.101574/page-3055#post-17870063

If there's news on labels, he'd know.

28 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Looks like the front and back of the same box to me....

Another video to confirm it. https://www.facebook.com/reel/218128158053607

So, 2 separate figures in one box is totally unexpected and a surprise reveal, and I would not have believed it if not for the new videos. Mixed feelings about this though, because I PO'ed 2 units specifically to display one in each mode, but looks like I only need 1 unit now. Additionally, I always thought there would be more play value by adding & removing armor similar to the old Sentinel Armorize Iron Man...

I hope both figures are sturdy though, and not cheapened out in construction to save costs as they really sold it for the price of a single figure during PO. 

Edited by MKT

D8CDA2A9-F019-495F-87F8-B750077E8F72.jpeg

The thermal onesie look is going to ruin the pilot uniform releases if they don't go back to the old non-cloth figures like the Hikaru and Roy...

It's not as bad in the armored fig...so should work for Zentran and Meltran armored figs...

Kind of reminds me of when Evolution Toys released the VF-2SS....perhaps something is better than nothing?

Edited by jvmacross

Got an email from KC today, they are informing about release of this figure next week & are asking to reconfirm address & order number again.

I guess it’s a soft notification to folks who might have otherwise forgotten about their orders after so long lol.

23 hours ago, MKT said:

I PO'ed 2 units specifically to display one in each mode, but looks like I only need 1 unit now.

I'm sure a lot of us are in the same boat... and since we paid up front over three years ago, we're certainly not likely to get our money back now. 😒

So what's the solution?  Class-action lawsuit?  An ineffectual boycott?  DNS server attack?  :unknw:

2 hours ago, tekering said:

I'm sure a lot of us are in the same boat... and since we paid up front over three years ago, we're certainly not likely to get our money back now. 😒

So what's the solution?  Class-action lawsuit?  An ineffectual boycott?  DNS server attack?  :unknw:

Lol.. I guess I'll just try to sell the extra or something, but there should be quite a few of us trying to do the same too. 

I wonder if the long development time of this was mainly due to KC trying to figure out the add-on armor pieces in various ways, and then finally throwing in the towel and decided to make it into 2 figures instead. Certainly never heard of this happening anywhere else before..

I thought it was just an alternate package. I’m ok with two figures though if that is the case. It seems less expensive than their other cloth covered figures since there’s supposedly two

I am a bit skeptical over whether there are two figures in one box though and hopefully there are. I guess we’ll find out for sure soon 

Edited by Big s

10 hours ago, tekering said:

I know you're joking, but imagine someone going down this road? I mean, they deserved the vitriol over extending runs after saying they were limited in number, and I guess a "case" could have been made over that, but them giving you "too" much after placing an order? :D