Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

12 hours ago, Shawn said:

Thanks for posting the link-now I can clearly see just how the arms detach. Such a crazy option they need to include to be accurate to the anime.

So in 10 years will we see these on the collectors market as 'Loose YF-21/2024 release, missing right arm'  😛

image.png.1c01676bfc9a223eba63540b49bd9c61.png

It looks like it's exactly the same feature than the Yamato's. I don't think many people have chosen the limbless configuration to display their valks along these years, that's probably why we haven't heard a lot about missing arms 😆

3 minutes ago, Reïvaj said:

It looks like it's exactly the same feature than the Yamato's. I don't think many people have chosen the limbless configuration to display their valks along these years, that's probably why we haven't heard a lot about missing arms 😆

With the current underbelly proportions & new delimiter belly panels more people might be choosing to do so. :ph34r: 

1 hour ago, Reïvaj said:

That's funny... I've had my Yamato 21 displayed in fighter mode for the past 10+ years limbless, without its legs in my case (detached the bellyplates from the legs and tabbed into f-mode). The legs are in a plastic crate somewhere with other unused parts from other toys. :D

47 minutes ago, m0n5t3r said:

That's funny... I've had my Yamato 21 displayed in fighter mode for the past 10+ years limbless, without its legs in my case (detached the bellyplates from the legs and tabbed into f-mode). The legs are in a plastic crate somewhere with other unused parts from other toys. :D

Mystery solved, we found THE guy who does this. :D

Perhaps it could be translation error, but in one of the development notes, it is alluded the Fast Pack are included because there are just too little pieces to be sold separately? Seeing that YF-19's FP are almost similarly little in volume, them not including the FP in the re-issue pretty much just confirms that they will be sold separately later on with the rest of the full-pack the original issue came with. 

What would be really great, if Bandai makes the X-9 Ghost right after this YF-21. They are going through the trouble to make delimiter mode, whether in response to Yamato's effort or not, but it would be a shame to not have this side by side with the X-9.  And now I'm thinking if it would have been better to have left out the FP entirely here and release the FP together with the X-9 haha.

1 hour ago, MKT said:

That would be better :good: 
Thunderbolt FP can then be released with the Ghost X-9 :p

Don't give them any cockamamie ideas! I could totally see them doing something like that.

Would love to have a new VF-11B though. One with properly sized tail fins and better articulation. I could also do without the janky ejection pod. 

9 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

You really think we'll see a DX Thunderbolt? 

I don't see why not? Who knows that maybe once they enter that Thunderbolt design phase, we will see the booby one in DX too. And everyone will surely giggles for it. :spiteful:

8 hours ago, PointBlankSniper said:

I am now conivinced the fast packs and stand mount are designed the way they are so it can look flatter than the bare plane if you give it a black background 🙃

It will also help if you put it on a black surface too. ;) 

7 hours ago, MKT said:

That would be better :good: 
Thunderbolt FP can then be released with the Ghost X-9 :p

See. DX domino effect releases. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Don't give them any cockamamie ideas! I could totally see them doing something like that.

Would love to have a new VF-11B though. One with properly sized tail fins and better articulation. I could also do without the janky ejection pod. 

It's Bandai. ;) How about we let them design the VF-11B so that we can finally see how they're going to do a DX VF-11MAXL. I'm pretty sure it can be done. Besides, they're now doing a DX Bomba. Who knows? But then, I'm just in for VF-11B. :rolleyes:

58 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I don't see why not? Who knows that maybe once they enter that Thunderbolt design phase, we will see the booby one in DX too. And everyone will surely giggles for it. :spiteful:

It's definitely a gorgeous plane the VF-11B. 

But I don't see Bandai succeeding in getting it's upper chest and shoulders right as a DX, cause that needs a lot of cheat parts.

I do however see it as the next HG... since it allows cheat parts.

9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I'm thinking preorders go up in mid December?

If you’re interested, I’d check sooner. Bandai often releases multiple products around the same time, and some are going up for preorder I believe on the first. They may still wait a bit. It’s more of an imperfect though and they don’t stick to that as a hard rule

It’s usually 5/6 months before the actual teased DX valk gets released. So if Bandai wants to release this valk in latter Q2/beginning Q3(hence summer of next year) then pre-orders should be will be up next month. Of course I can be totally wrong on that assumption. 

I dare Bandai will put the DX YF-21 into “Pengriod” mode when they have it for the next tease or opportunity to do so. 🤣

Edited by borgified

11 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I actually quite like the ejection pod, even though it doesn't do too much haha. I appreciate Yamato managed to take care of tolerances so it's very flush and doesn't interrupt the lines around the cockpit area. 

1 hour ago, MKT said:

I actually quite like the ejection pod, even though it doesn't do too much haha. I appreciate Yamato managed to take care of tolerances so it's very flush and doesn't interrupt the lines around the cockpit area. 

As far as my 11B and C go, in fighter mode, that pod never sat solidly locked in place. It was very fiddly and would wobble out of place if you accidentally touched it. In my opinion, it was a gimmick that was a slight detriment to the toy, just as the delimiter mode was for the Yamato YF-21. I'd be fine with the pod, if it could lock solidly into place in fighter though. But there's no point even debating it since it's not even a thing yet until Bandai says otherwise 😛

Speaking of detriments for the sake of gimmicks, I hope the attachment for the legs for Bandai's 21 isn't as flimsy as the T-bar attachment is for the 1/48 VF-1 or that the arms don't simply fall off while trying to pose it...

Getting those thicker legs probably forced the fitment of the those bottom panels over the leg assembly to bow out giving us the pregnant “sturmvogel” in fighter config.

Maybe the YF-21 was supposed to sport skinny legs after all…

thoughts?