Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

14 hours ago, Shawn said:

ok...its April...when is the 2nd batch of these things going to be released so the prices drop down to something NORMAL

I expect to wake up one morning and see 50+ of them competing on the 2nd hand market

Just watch that Bandai announces just the "Mech Guts" Strike Parts,  as soon as they release the second batch.... 😱

I don't even give two shakes about the exposed strike parts, the only reason I want this release at all is to get the reprinted tail that fixes Bandai's boneheaded unwillingness to admit their own stupid production blunder on the original. <_< 

I did see a listing for a pre-owned Mechanic Edition at Amiami last week, listed at circa Yen 70k. It was sold the same day lol.

Yeahh hopefully price will come down to more sane levels, like how the last DX Chogokin TN 2017 exclusive the VF-31J Kai did.

color me surprised nobody in here seems interested in the 50th (/of chogokin, not macross glad we aren't that old yet) anniversary version.  i think it looks kinda cool.  way better than arcadia or yamato's old offerings for macross anniveraries.  looks like this is only going to be in physical stores?  we actually have a store here in nyc it seems.  wonder if they will carry it. seems like USA not greyed out like europe and latam.

Edited by Mechapilot77

7 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

color me surprised nobody in here seems interested in the 50th (/of chogokin, not macross glad we aren't that old yet) anniversary version.  i think it looks kinda cool.  way better than arcadia or yamato's old offerings for macross anniveraries.  looks like this is only going to be in physical stores?  we actually have a store here in nyc it seems.  wonder if they will carry it. seems like USA not greyed out like europe and latam.

I'm interested, I just think it should have been part of the soul of chogokin line.

10 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

Am I nuts or does the site say it CAN be sold in the USA, and not only that, but will be at the Tamashii store in Times Square???

I am hyperventilating here over the implications of this. :D

if that is the case i gotta know when and i will make it happen for myself. haha

7 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

I'm interested, I just think it should have been part of the soul of chogokin line.

Out of curiosity, can I ask why do you think it needs to be part of Soul of Chogokin line when it's just a plated version of VF-1J from DX Chogokin line?

It’s a glorified version of the KC version @davidwhangchoi (with overpriced worthless hollow transparent plastic and useless die cast metal parts according to one person in another Macross site). It’s it worth overspending your money on a FOMO valk for your collection? 

1 hour ago, borgified said:

It’s a glorified version of the KC version @davidwhangchoi (with overpriced worthless hollow transparent plastic and useless die cast metal parts according to one person in another Macross site). It’s it worth overspending your money on a FOMO valk for your collection? 

12 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

This could have been a production run of the long-overdue VF-1A Hayao TV, to complete the squadron. But no, we're getting something...unique instead.

Price aside, if you love the DX VF-1 design, you'd probably want this for the variant like a sofubi in a different colorway. Folks did grab Yammie repaints once upon a time, so it's not like this is unprecedented. It certainly looks better than the 30th Anniversary Arcadia.

I just hope the availability is correct, and it's successful. If that door is opened, who knows what may come.

19 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

This could have been a production run of the long-overdue VF-1A Hayao TV, to complete the squadron. But no, we're getting something...unique instead.

Why stop complaining there? We could have had an HMR Tomahawk and Phalanx by now if Bandai stopped making HMR "everything else"...:rolleyes:

You forgot the Arcadia “Tux” 1j @Radioguy as well. Looked unappealing for some and possibly sat on the shelves for a chunk of time. Years later, it got snapped up. 

Most likely that this DX “not KC inspired” valk will eventually sell out.