Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

10 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Still waiting on that Hikaru 1A as well.. maybe that'll just come as a bundle as well?  One can dream.

Same here. That's the only one left for me to close down shop on DX VF-1's. Unless ofcourse, they're also going to do MtF VF-1J. :rolleyes:

On 10/13/2023 at 5:41 AM, MKT said:

Bandai always being regarded of over-tampo-ing the valks, but I gotta say for the VF-1 & Super Parts as per @grogall's pics above, they look pretty good especially when a few of them are side by side. Ditto the 1J Armored as well. 

I'm sure Bandai got there inspiration from this picture for all the detailing... When I bought my first Yamato and Super Strike set back in 2003, I liked the model but the lack of printing put me off! I inspected the model and then filed it away in my closet. That Bandai went a little overboard is honestly fine by me, at least they looks impressive right out of the box.

Macross VF-1 Skull Squadron D.Y.R.L..jpg

Edited by grogall

3 minutes ago, grogall said:

I have a question to my Roy. The yellow circle on the backpack is white on mine, although in this picture from the Tamaschi web site its clearly showing yellow... Am I missing something?

Probably an error on the prototype there.

To my knowledge it's white, in fact Anymoon's one is also white. 

image.png.4f07501b86f42048d11d3a516a100269.png

As far as I know those colors accents are from DYRL. Like the color on the arrows on the head. TV are black but DYRL are color for each pilot. Max, Roy or Hikaru.

IMG_20231015_1537472.jpg.c6d3b180db49340e77dad9881d0f9243.jpg

^Here hi metal TV series Hikaru and DYRL Hikaru VF-1S.

My DX VF-1S Hikaru has a red circle and TV Roy unpainted.

Maybe in some stage of the prototype it was meant to be a DYRL Roy. 

Ok-I have a Diorama request

Someone buy these DX 1/48 Gunpods, and make a diorama of an Over-technology assembly line creating GU-11 guns! :)
Hack up few to be in various states of assembly, with little helper robots. With little 1/48 figures doing the work and inspection.
One guy has a spray can near the end of the line with a template covering the UN Spacy logo (shown half painted)
You would certainly have a unique setup!

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/1111592833

i-img1200x843-1698393390pvfh571620136.jpg

On 10/28/2023 at 7:22 PM, Shawn said:

Ok-I have a Diorama request

Someone buy these DX 1/48 Gunpods, and make a diorama of an Over-technology assembly line creating GU-11 guns! :)
Hack up few to be in various states of assembly, with little helper robots. With little 1/48 figures doing the work and inspection.
One guy has a spray can near the end of the line with a template covering the UN Spacy logo (shown half painted)
You would certainly have a unique setup!

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/1111592833

i-img1200x843-1698393390pvfh571620136.jpg

That sounds like an amazing project. But it makes me wonder about all those DX with no gunpod. What happened? The same seller also has a lot for V/YF-19 gunpods as well.

Honestly, I totally skipped that for this. Thanks a cool friend.image.png.229d10271022e77918fa5809449036d0.png
Now to find the son’ itch Valk that goes with it.

On 10/3/2023 at 7:24 AM, grogall said:

So I made it back home all safe & sound! Sadly even after scouring three cities, I wasn't able to find a VF-1S Roy Focker Edition yet, but did find three movie strike parts.This morning I unboxed the first one, VF-1D, which I really liked for the colour! I can only say I'm more then pleased with what Bandai Spirits has done with the series! I do have the first Yamato VF-1S and a Strike Pack from which I bought in 2003, but these is a completely different league! I then unboxed the VF-1A HAYAO KAKIZAKI and added the movie strike parts. Since I never assembled any of these it toke me over an hour just to figure out how to align everything, watching Macross DYRL in the background...😜. I then opened the VF-1J with the Armored parts! Which is something I never had before in my collection even back when I had my Chunky Monkey's back in 1984/85. It's a massive model and although the print is a little overdone, still one hell of a model! I was able to place 2 pre-orders for the Mechanical Edition, so anxiously awaiting those November/December. I'm Sure when the next release of the roy Focker is announced the First edition will be more readily available! but we will see... All in all a good haul since I started in Osaka where almost everything was available only having found the Movie Strike parts on my last day in Tokyo! Then having to scramble to find hard case storage units which would fit the lot, Ikea Japan too the rescue... Bought two large ones with covers and was able to package these and my Amiibo haul up for my luggage allotment I was able to take on the plane. Great thing that our Airport is busy dealing with Oktoberfest so I was able to clear the customs area with out having to pay anything! 🥵! All in All a very expensive trip but well worth it after the pandemic crap we have had to go through the last three years!

IMG_8008.jpg

Was in Japan recently and did not even think to look for these in store.  Only know of Mandrake or searching on-line.  Do you mind sharing which stores you were searching at?  Is there an Akihabara-like area of Osaka?  Were any purchased on-line and shipped while you were in-country?  Thank you.  😃

18 minutes ago, etcknight said:

Is there an Akihabara-like area of Osaka?

Den-Den Town in Nipponbashi, Osaka.

https://insideosaka.com/den-den-town-guide/

https://www.japan.travel/en/sg/jbyj-blog/nipponbashi-osaka-otaku-road-osakas-most-famous-area-for-fans-of-japanese-geek-culture/

Mandarake has 2 stores in Osaka. Umeda and Grand Chaos.

https://www.mandarake.co.jp/dir/umd/index-en.html#googtrans(ja|en)

https://www.mandarake.co.jp/dir/gcs/index-en.html#googtrans(ja|en)

Jungle Hobby Shop located in Nipponbashi.

https://jungle-scs-ensale.com/pages/about

https://osaka-info.jp/en/spot/popculture-jungle/

Hope that helps. :good: 

Edit: Found this after replying to this thread.

Edited by no3Ljm

I've been out of the loop for a while. I thought Big West and Harmony Gold were good with each other now and were okay with selling Macross here in the U.S., hence the Tamashi Nations store on Amazon. But how come they only have Plus, Zero, Frontier, and Delta items available? They have no plans to distribute the VF-1s on Amazon?

Edited by rsvictor1976

2 hours ago, etcknight said:

Was in Japan recently and did not even think to look for these in store.  Only know of Mandrake or searching on-line.  Do you mind sharing which stores you were searching at?  Is there an Akihabara-like area of Osaka?  Were any purchased on-line and shipped while you were in-country?  Thank you.  😃

Jungle in Osaka was well stoked, Mandrake near Osaka station didn't have anything when I was there, but you might follow the website from Mandrake for the models since they do list them online and tell you which store has stock, I found two small dealers in one of those long malls, but sadly I don't remember where or there names... Maybe some more people can chime in on there experience if they where there!?

32 minutes ago, rsvictor1976 said:

I've been out of the loop for a while. I thought Big West and Harmony Gold were good with each other now and were okay with selling Macross here in the U.S., hence the Tamashi Nations store on Amazon. But how come they only have Plus, Zero, Frontier, and Delta items available? They have no plans to distribute the VF-1s on Amazon?

Hg still has the rights to the og Macross stuff unfortunately outside of Japan, so anything after that seems ok. I think hg is kinda covering the og show the movie and possibly 2012. Not too sure on 2012 though 

I've been monitoring the YJ prices for the upcoming Mechanic Edition VF-1 (release Nov 17th  2023)
With the current Yen to US $ conversion its not terribly bad ($310-$350), considering you get the valk + armor.

The normal  releases of those 2 pieces combined regularly exceed that.

Wonder what the market $ will be once the release is official

image.png.21d4a21b07b85684dc11ab3f91cd47c8.png

26 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I've been monitoring the YJ prices for the upcoming Mechanic Edition VF-1 (release Nov 17th  2023)
With the current Yen to US $ conversion its not terribly bad ($310-$350), considering you get the valk + armor.

The normal  releases of those 2 pieces combined regularly exceed that.

Wonder what the market $ will be once the release is official

image.png.21d4a21b07b85684dc11ab3f91cd47c8.png

I expect it to go up to $500-600 tbh. It’s still lottery based iirc so it’s going to hike quickly.

Don't remember if posted before so sorry, but I found or refound the Mechanic Edition Instructions for a sneak peak at the armor.
I'm old and forgetful and this thread is 767 pages long

https://tamashiiweb.com/images/item/item_0000014582_LxbF0B89_300.pdf

From the pic it looks like the "100" is the optional Tail Fin and the "001" will be assembled.
Its coming in fighter mode

image.png.9d04db5cbbc3f712dcf7a60638f8b611.png

Boy they really do have no shame, and will go to ANY lengths to convince people that stupid production errors were on purpose. <_< 

I wouldn't care nearly so much about this if they had just admitted it, because think about the collateral damage the lie caused.
- First, a high-end collectible got screwed up forever, and they have no intention of making it better.
- Second, to reinforce the lie, they screwed up Kakizaki's release in a way that makes even less sense, and looks even stupider.  They screwed up a second product on purpose in a worse way than the original mistake, just to try and convince people that someone actually wanted numbers printed backwards.
- And now, they're milking the collector market with a version that fixes the original error.

What's that thing about telling so many lies, you no longer remember what the truth looks like?

Edited by Chronocidal

12 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Boy they really do have no shame, and will go to ANY lengths to convince people that stupid production errors were on purpose. <_< 

I wouldn't care nearly so much about this if they had just admitted it, because think about the collateral damage the lie caused.
- First, a high-end collectible got screwed up forever, and they have no intention of making it better.
- Second, to reinforce the lie, they screwed up Kakizaki's release in a way that makes even less sense, and looks even stupider.  They screwed up a second product on purpose in a worse way than the original mistake, just to try and convince people that someone actually wanted numbers printed backwards.
- And now, they're milking the collector market with a version that fixes the original error.

What's that thing about telling so many lies, you no longer remember what the truth looks like?

I agree! But also think they should have released this as a VF-1A with number 011 (D.Y.R.L.) and just throw in the corrected tails from Hikaru & Hayao as a bonus to fix the lot. 

image.jpeg.7f0ffedb23355d9668f87a8e0faf258e.jpeg

I got a scare when watching the Macross TV series from the VF-1D and thought the fracked up the number on that as well!? but I guess they anime artist back then where not very consistent as well... 

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 09.46.54.jpg

Edited by grogall

So it looks like we might get teased with another release on Saturday, Anyone want to speculate what it might be...?

I'm hoping for a VF-1A Brownie (Cannon Fodder) or Max/Milia VF-1J! I think a VT-1 or VE-1 is too soon at this moment 🤔

image.jpeg.7d32eb03351e79e8a34cb29c247172b2.jpeg

Edited by grogall

On 11/12/2023 at 3:42 PM, Chronocidal said:

large.Bandaiisneverwrong.jpg.090a4fc9d6d

30 minutes ago, grogall said:

So it looks like we might get teased with another release on Saturday, Anyone want to speculate what it might be...?

I'm hoping for a Brownie VF-1A or Max/Milia VF-1J! I think a VT-1 or VE-1 is too soon at this moment 🤔

image.jpeg.7d32eb03351e79e8a34cb29c247172b2.jpeg

im holding out hope for another VF-1A release i can actually get but i don't have hope it'll be a VF-1 release.