I just noticed what your avatar is... that's kinda hot. I used to be a DJ, I need to find a woman to wear my pair of cans on hers.

Pssshhhh your going to get me banned. I finished the led for the figures detolf. The other display cases are heavy to move even with wheels but i should be done pretty soon. Then I can have a Rave party in the macross room LOL.

Pssshhhh your going to get me banned. I finished the led for the figures detolf. The other display cases are heavy to move even with wheels but i should be done pretty soon. Then I can have a Rave party in the macross room LOL.

Yeah, you'll definitely have a lot of valks dancing with you in there.

I moved several months back and had to empty out my storage unit and when I finally got home and went through all my old boxes I came across my old collection of Macross/Robotech toys. I have not yet taken pics of my Takatoku/Bandai toys yet but will post them as well once I have more time to get it all out to take the pics!

I realize this is all Matchbox/Harmony Gold items but hope you guys can appriciate these pics.

I forgot to add my Bandai reissue Valkyries.

Pics like this make me sad I just sold off this part of my collection. And bernard21, thanks for sharing the pics of the Robotech boxes. That is some serious nostalgia there and I've never seen such a complete collection of those items in the box. One question: do you display your toys in the way they stacked in the photos? That's always been a dream of mine but I always run out of space from buying so much crap.

Glad you like the pics!!

I have not displayed any of these items yet. Everything has been in boxes in my storage/garage. I am thinking of buying some display cases like some of the other members of this site have done to display them but not sure yet. I am afraid to take them out of their boxes.

-WOW... I have a lot of catching up to do... most impressive. I'm sad that 1/48 line is dead. Yamato seemed to slam dunk that scale very well, i haven't had one issue yet & that's after a few 6ft suicide jumps. They are built like bricks! They seem so well engineered & reliable unlike the inconsistent various 1/60 lines for Yamato & Bandai.

-My other grief is the lack of Destroid love in the market. Only 2 Destroids in 1/60 scale & the various Konig monsters that are ridiculously over priced in the aftermarket in every scale... :blink:

-Oh.... my other issue is too much focus on DYRL in the market instead of the TV series. Since i started collecting mid december, i haven't paid for more then $175 for any one piece but I'd glady drop $300+ on a 1/3000 TV version of the Macross. ;) Until then, i'll enjoy my old-school Matchbox.

Not to nit pick.. but unless I'm blind... your missing the GBP with missile effect and clear parts for the 1/60 v2 :p

I can't remember which member, but he/she said it best:

"A collection is not about what you have, it's about what you don't have."

Something along that line and I love it cuz it true, at least for me and my collection.

I really envy your collection Kicker and I force my GF to see my dream hobby room by showing yours. What are you missing in your collection? Is there one thing that is impossible for you to track that you would sell your left nut for to complete your display?

Edited by Isamu Dyson

I really envy your collection Kicker and I force my GF to see my dream hobby room by showing yours. What are you missing in your collection? Is there one thing that is impossible for you to track that you would sell your left nut for to complete your display?

I did an inventory check with a created checklist based off Grand Cannon's list, i'm only missing the 1/60 clear FP. Everything else with the reissues unless there was a major difference in the valk or FP or box i didn't bother picking it up. Everything I have on display has a double or triple or more especially the 1/48. The displayed valks and other toys' box are folded (I.e. 1/48 boxes) and put in another box or in storage. The only exception are the rare 1/60 v2 and of course the customs. I was debating of displaying the other SDF in attack mode, but it would take more space. I didn't even have room to display the 1/72 line =(

I did an inventory check with a created checklist based off Grand Cannon's list, i'm only missing the 1/60 clear FP. Everything else with the reissues unless there was a major difference in the valk or FP or box i didn't bother picking it up. Everything I have on display has a double or triple or more especially the 1/48. The displayed valks and other toys' box are folded (I.e. 1/48 boxes) and put in another box or in storage. The only exception are the rare 1/60 v2 and of course the customs. I was debating of displaying the other SDF in attack mode, but it would take more space. I didn't even have room to display the 1/72 line =(

Have you tried to hunt down the 1/48 Meteor Busters custom (Figure OH! magazine raffle) and the 1/48 VF-1J Blak Credit Card valk?

Pictures courtesy from Anymoon:

post-557-0-27313500-1330951370_thumb.jpg

post-557-0-91486600-1330951385_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

I am curious to know how many members here (who were introduced to Macross (in the 80's) through Robotech), collect outside the orginal Macross TV series and DYRL? Looking at my humble shelf, pretty much everything I have comes either from SDF Macross or Mac Plus. For me, story content wise, everything after Macross Plus has become less and less interesting. I will, on occasion, see a design I like and take the plunge, but its rare. I guess I just have old school aesthetics :)

Anyway, just curious....

I am curious to know how many members here (who were introduced to Macross (in the 80's) through Robotech), collect outside the orginal Macross TV series and DYRL? Looking at my humble shelf, pretty much everything I have comes either from SDF Macross or Mac Plus. For me, story content wise, everything after Macross Plus has become less and less interesting. I will, on occasion, see a design I like and take the plunge, but its rare. I guess I just have old school aesthetics :)

Anyway, just curious....

I'm pretty much the same way. I'm not even a big fan of plus. I'm a big fan of military aircraft. So anything after SDF & DYRL has very little interest as far as collecting. I barely enjoyed Plus, despised 7, but loved Frontier. But with so many mixed reviews on toy quality & overall ridiculous prices I settled in on the 1/48 scale & stayed there, especially since i already collect 1/48 military aircraft models. I've been a Macross fan since 1984 but have only been collecting high-end merchandise for 4 months.

EDIT: let me revise that.. I have to include ZERO. I loved the mecha from Zero. So glad the 1/60 scale is so oversized that they look good on a 1/48 shelf.... :D

Edited by GMANIFESS

Anyway, just curious....

Well, I was introduced via Robotech in the 80's, wasn't fond of Plus and really didn't like Zero 7 or Frontier. I've got a TON of VF-1 variants. However I also have:

1 VF-0

1 YF-19

1 VF-19S

2 VF-22's

1 VF-17S

2 VF-25's (F and S)

3 VF-11C's

And I'm currently anxiously awaiting a VF-19F, VF-17D, VF-171 and a VF-4.

I just like the way most of Kawamori's Macross designs look.

First lets shut off the lights... 18.gif

and take it back ..way back.. well maybe not that far back...

Corner1.gif

1/60 version 1 and 1/72 that were on display ( didn't have room the display the 1/72 YF21, YF19 Alpha, and YF19 Ver2)

Corner2.gif

Bling Bling...Hey hey...

Corner3.gif

Corner4.gif

Corner5.gif

Edited by Kicker773