Very nice cabinet aaajin!

Please just find someplace else for that horrible that 30th Anniversary VF-1J, the 25A should have a shirt on that says "you can't sit with us". :lol:

-b.

lol. its ikea Billy. seems they have a bunch of options to mod the Billy ikea line into a display/book cases. they even have a height extension unit for cheap if you need to lift the height (for display).

As for the 30th, I'll just let them reconcile their differences in a confined space. pretty sure they'll work things out since they only have each other. :D

Way to make the best use of your available space aaajin.

yeap. cramped apartment while finishing my PhD...cant wait to get done with studies!

Nice display aaajin but it looks like you need a replacement part for that yellow destroid... maybe shapeways can help you out?

the hatch and ammo magazine of the yellow destroid was deliberately opened to show the details...the hatch is on the lower right and the magazine is on the lower left of the same picture.

like the display aajin...seems you need to repaint the little SD 1A....let me know if you want to part with him....

that 1A is a living proof to the other JM's not to bathe in the sun! That'll keep them from escaping through the windows!

I have noticed a few people showing off their Ikea Detolf display cabinets so I thought I'd share mine too! Although I am using the Ikea Klingsbo display cabinets which have 5 wider and deeper shelves.

My only complaint is the vertical steel framework which could have been made a little thinner and still been plenty strong enough.. But they are quite cheap and great to display some of my cars and bikes also!

Im looking at buying a few more of these cabinets to display more stuff and thin out some of the Macross stuff rather than having them all cramped together..

I'd really like to spread out my VF-1 collection across two cabinets and separate the Frontier and Seven & Plus stuff the same way.

post-21335-0-06356200-1402232944_thumb.jpg

post-21335-0-75606400-1402233098_thumb.jpg

post-21335-0-72104400-1402233108_thumb.jpg

post-21335-0-31235700-1402233119_thumb.jpg

hehe! yep that's me! They are actually one of my preferred paint scheme VF-1 variants! And I can display one in each configuration!

I wish I could afford to do that with more of em.. but that ain't gonna happen.. at least if I want to maintain a healthy relationship with my misses! :p

Kinda the wrong thread but I was wondering if there is anything from Yamato/ Arcadia that is worth looking out for. I'm going to be walking around the hobby stores browsing for anything noteworthy as I've seen quite a few but I have no clue what is what. I'm only accustomed to the Bandai Valks so it would be cool to get some info on things I'm missing out on :D

(A side note on how much each thing is worth would be cool too :D)

EDIT: Ooops double post

Edited by ULessa

Kinda the wrong thread but I was wondering if there is anything from Yamato/ Arcadia that is worth looking out for. I'm going to be walking around the hobby stores browsing for anything noteworthy as I've seen quite a few but I have no clue what is what. I'm only accustomed to the Bandai Valks so it would be cool to get some info on things I'm missing out on :D

Grab anything from Yamato with the 30th anniversary sticker on the top corner of the box and thats Yamato and not Arcadia. ;)

And I would also grab a YF-29 Alto (the red and white one) if you can find one but it might cost you an arm and a leg.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

There's only three Aracdia VF-1's right now. The 30th Anniversary and the two Roy and Hikaru 1S'es. The 30th Anniversary is an acquired taste, both of the 1S'es are just fine.

Yo spanner what is up with your VF-19S and Kai. It looks abnormally tall. Did you not push the legs in?

He's right, spanner, you haven't properly transformed the 19's. The hips should fold upward on a swing bar.

Grab anything from Yamato with the 30th anniversary sticker on the top corner of the box and thats Yamato and not Arcadia. ;)

And I would also grab a YF-29 Alto (the red and white one) if you can find one but it might cost you an arm and a leg.

Off the top of my head I don't remember seeing anything with the sticker. But then again I wasn't exactly looking for it

The Alto is listed at one of the stores (was there, didn't see it) but its roughly $400. Easy pass (I'd go for the Roy scheme YF-29 first)

There's only three Aracdia VF-1's right now. The 30th Anniversary and the two Roy and Hikaru 1S'es. The 30th Anniversary is an acquired taste, both of the 1S'es are just fine.

He's right, spanner, you haven't properly transformed the 19's. The hips should fold upward on a swing bar.

Think I saw 2 of the 3. Didn't see the Hikaru one. Still quite pricey if I remember correctly.

And grab the GE-61 VF-27y if you don't have one.

Eventually, those don't seem to be running outta stock anytime soon

If anyones looking for anything from Yamato/ Arcadia just tell me and I'll be sure to keep an eye out. I have the feeling that the Yamato stuff here isn't too hot so there may be stuff left here and there (but then again I could be dead wrong).

If anyones looking for anything from Yamato/ Arcadia just tell me and I'll be sure to keep an eye out. I have the feeling that the Yamato stuff here isn't too hot so there may be stuff left here and there (but then again I could be dead wrong).

Well.....if you see a VF-22S GAMLIN let me know please. :p

A VF-11B/C

Let me know if you see a 1/60 VF-X or the VF-1 Anglebird with or without Fan Racer, let me know, I'll appreciated.

The YF-21 with the smaller box... not the first version with a 1/48 sized box for a 1/60 valk.

First release of YF-21 with Fast Pack and Stand. (Big stripe box - 2008?) Let me know if you've seen one. :)

Have to ask, where is this again? :D

Edited by no3ljm

First release of YF-21 with Fast Pack and Stand. (Big stripe box - 2008?) Let me know if you've seen one. :)

Have to ask, where is this again? :D

In Thailand right now :D

I THINK I'll go sometime within this week so I'll make sure to bring a list with me. The usual building that with the hobby stores is being renovated so some stores have moved around (hopefully temporarily). Hopefully I'll find something interesting :D From what I've noticed the Macross stuff is more tucked away so it'll be a fun hunt for them.

In Thailand right now :D

I THINK I'll go sometime within this week so I'll make sure to bring a list with me. The usual building that with the hobby stores is being renovated so some stores have moved around (hopefully temporarily). Hopefully I'll find something interesting :D From what I've noticed the Macross stuff is more tucked away so it'll be a fun hunt for them.

Cool! Hope the prices are reasonable for old stock along with the shipping cost. :D

My first image post on this thread. My small Macross collection. And yes, they're all my fave Red & Black stripe motif Valks. Well, except for that floating-in-action 'blue' one. He's one of two valks that I really want as an exemption of my Red & Black rule. The other one would be the VF-4G. Here's wishing to a reissue of YF-21 and VF-4G (preferably in FB2012 colors). The only valk that I didn't put there was Hikaru's VF-1S. Anyways, enjoy! ^_^

Now I'm not so sure if YF-30 Chronos will fit in there. Hehehe. :lol:

IMG_5154_zps59b5126b.jpg

Yo spanner what is up with your VF-19S and Kai. It looks abnormally tall. Did you not push the legs in?

yep you guys are right.. my mistake.. correcting them now! geez I feel so stupid sometimes.. :wacko:

My first image post on this thread. My small Macross collection. And yes, they're all my fave Red & Black stripe motif Valks. Well, except for that floating-in-action 'blue' one. He's one of two valks that I really want as an exemption of my Red & Black rule. The other one would be the VF-4G. Here's wishing to a reissue of YF-21 and VF-4G (preferably in FB2012 colors). The only valk that I didn't put there was Hikaru's VF-1S. Anyways, enjoy! ^_^

Now I'm not so sure if YF-30 Chronos will fit in there. Hehehe. :lol:

IMG_5154_zps59b5126b.jpg

Great start, the 25f with armor is a desired piece for many collectors.

Great start, the 25f with armor is a desired piece for many collectors.

Thanks sreichma! My original plan for the Messiahs was the 25F would stay in his Super Packs. And get (hopefully) a reissue 25S and change the yellow stripes to red and put the 25F Armored Pack on him. I like the darker valk on the Armored Pack and the 25S head on. Looks more rugged than 25F. :)

Edited by no3ljm

Updated my Display shelf >;D

Tried to fit almost every valk I own into one wall display

post-25-0-46593800-1402676976_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-36647500-1402676973_thumb.jpg

Saving a spot for the YF-25's coming out this month

post-25-0-47671700-1402676974_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-40347300-1402676975_thumb.jpg

The row of VF-171's.

post-25-0-53609000-1402676977_thumb.jpg

The tiny 1/60 and 1/100 vf-1 collection

post-25-0-56030400-1402677054_thumb.jpg

No clue how I'm gonna re-arrange everything to fit the YF-30 and Luca VF-171 (O_o)

Edited by Duymon

if there are cheap super parts for VF-1 please send me a message. :)

Slightly off topic, but I didn't want to create a thread for this question.

How do the connectors that come with recent releases connect to the old stands? I have the base and arm from the SV-51 release, but I can't figure out how the battroid attachment attaches to the arm of the base. I think I'm missing some kind of connector piece. Can someone post a pic of how these work?

Thanks in advance.

Personally I'd suggest going with your own sense of personal aesthetic. I have one Detolf that is all Yamato/Arcadia with shelves dedicated to DYRL, SDFM and another Detolf dedicated to nothing but Bandai DX releases.

Examples;

I have the Vermillion Squad with Roy's VF-1S and a cannon fodder TV VF-1A on one shelf.

I have all (3) DYRL VF-1S's, a DYRL Hikaru VF-1A and Destroid Tomahawk on another.

I have Alto's VF-25F, VF-27 and Alto's YF-29 on a shelf.

You can also take a look thru this thread to get a really good idea of how folks like to display their collections. :)

-b.