Mission 14: Embracing Adrift  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (The warm embrace of wanderlust)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (Please tell me someone gets sucked out of an airlock and never comes back)

Welcome to the Macross Delta Episode 14 Talkback Thread

Guidelines:

• Macross Delta episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum except by Boinger in the iMacross thread. This is 2016, not 2007. They know about us and how the 'Net operates now. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Nico, related video-sharing or video streaming site links, File sharing links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to Boinger with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk and news talk for their respective threads. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers for the News thread.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).

Raw files will be release shortly after broadcast. Subtitled versions will be released when they are ready.

• Please use spoiler tags for the first 24-hours after an episode airs. There will be consequences if you don't
New episode threads and polls opens Sundays, 9:00AM EST/6:00AM PST (22:00, i.e. 10:00PM JST), 30 minutes BEFORE the broadcast.

Broadcast schedule:

Sunday: Tokyo MX, 22:30 JST

Monday: TVQ Kyushu, 26:30 (2:30 AM) JST

Tuesday: MBS, 27:00 (3:00 AM) JST / BS11, 24:00 (midnight) JST

Wednesday: d anime store, 12:00 JST / TV Aichi & Television Hokkaido, 26:05 (2:05 AM) JST

(Broadcast times subject to change, Check listings.)

Stereotypical weaselface guy in a stereotypically dark room, with a stereotypical grin reporting about how he made things worse to other stereotypically weaselfaced high rank guys.

XdYFURM.jpg

jKncil0.jpg

Meanwhile Chaos is working overtime to take care of the evacuees.

Basically what I said. would happen.

EDIT: LEWD

pSRkyEc.jpg

although there is perfectly reasonable explanation for this :D

Edited by TMBounty_Hunter

Remember when the (N)UN Spacy were the good guys? When they weren't all bureaucratic middle aged men with hidden conspiracies. You know during that brief period between the end of the Space War One and Kamjin's last stand? When Global and all of our favorite heroes were in charge.

It sucks that with every new Macross series those Weasels always return. You think they would change their hiring policy to stop promoting the weasels to high command after the 10th time they tried to mess things up.

2nd half start.

Mikumo is protoculture's utahime? Like mina in m30?

Chuck's brothers are fine, sister still unknown, Nannan house is much stronger than a VF...

Time for Hayahaya and Miramira to have some intimate time

Elysion is bigger than battle class or this city island is smaller? And that docking way is .....

New ending, not bad.

Sigur Valens go back to Windermere, Keith seems not hurt badly but still not wake up.

And our ketchup boy's job is done?

Edited by CRYO

No wonder Mkumo is always naked. She is like Sara Nome a Song Shrine Maiden. She even has those swirls on the stone on Mayan island in her memory covering her body.

Meanwhile NUNS has a plan against the mind control. They might have a method of jamming the ruin network.

Barrette City hasn't flown in around 30 years. Add to that the damage it received during battle. It wasn't designed to take in the number of people it did also in evacuation.

Meanwhile on Ragna the Gramia is dead, Keith in intensive care, and Windermere is forcing Ragnans to eat their apples like with Voldor.

After helping civilians Freyja gets together with Hayate and Mirage. Freyja thanks Mirage for saving her. We get a bit of background on Hayate's father. He was in the military and moves a lot. My speculation he's special forces. The big elephant in the room s addressed. What Hayate is wearing is a Fold Quartz. Suddenly a hull breach separates Freyja from Hayate and Mirage. Luckily for Freyja and the seacats her reflexes saved them. Emergency bulkheads however trapped Hayate and Mirage with gravity offline.

To calm the anxiety of civilians Walkure including Freyja pull a Sheryl. Hayate and Mirage getting serious like a certain train driver this season try to fix the cut power lines as the island is losing power. Outside Chuck is jury rigging the power connectors at the back of the island so that Macross Elysion can dock. Elysion isn't designed to dock at front. Hayate with Mirage holding on to him fix the power lines while Elysion in stor attack mode docks as if humping Barrette City. With gravity back on Hayate and Mirage barely naked holding to dear life. This is broadcasted throughout the city with Freyja reacting to it.

On Ragna Heinz is about to perform the mind control the entire cluster plan but Rod has other plans stopping him.

Edited by RedWolf

So the Elysion and the island, you know yada yada yada.JOllXnP.png

Is it just me who thinks that the island ships (all of them) by themselves look like overbloated ticks? Also, this is definitely a different size than any previous city dome ship, because even if the Elysion was the size of a New Macross class, that would be *tiny*. It's probably less than 2 km long. What did they use for a consort originally, a Guantanamo?

New ED, obvious placeholder OP (same as usual, but with nearly all recap footage from last week. Which is an interesting way to do the OP, but I doubt it'll catch on). Personal guess is new OP entirely next week, since the two bits of it that weren't from last week's episode are no longer applicable (5 jets for the start of it, Elysion on Ragna for the end of it).

Note on fansubs, GG reported last week they might be late for this one, and they've confirmed that again, mostly due to Anime Expo. Doubt we'll be seeing them today.

looks like a homage to hikaru/minmay being caught hugging when the barrier doors opened. Here it is hayate and mirage taking those so called roles..much milder tho and mirage blushes easily....

perhaps more bridge bunny gossip to spread the idea in the next episodes...

Hayates pants are of good quality...didnt slip a bit when the gravity was tuned back on with mirage holding on!

maybe this is a completely wrong reaction to the ep...

i laughed so much & forgot that they're in the middle of a war, & for some strange reason, i was hoping to see a giant tuna floating in space

Lol that would be quite a nice throwback if there was one floating around!

Well....this was awkward.

Quick-viewing...

-Couldn't Mirage have been on the other side helping Haya-Haya turn that wheel instead of being on his backside?

-Elysion is humping the City/Island-ship. Yeah, Kawamori, you're never gonna live down this moment. Remember that time a Macross humped a City ship to give it power?

I figure the answer to this wouldn't be a spoiler:

Is there a new OP? Assuming a standard 26-ish eps, we're just past the mid-point.

The OP was mixed into last week's recap. New OP is probably coming next week.

I figure the answer to this wouldn't be a spoiler:

Is there a new OP? Assuming a standard 26-ish eps, we're just past the mid-point.

Technically yes, there's a new OP. But it's stuff you've seen before if that makes any sense to you.

A nice breather episode with even more new music (some stuff in Engrish too) and a homage to the classic trapped in the hold Macross trope

After this episode, I'm convinced that either Freyja is going to win the triangle or that Hayate is going to pull a Basara and be completely oblivious to women. All that fine squeezing and pressing from Mirage and not even a blush or comment. Poor Mirage was so bothered too.

And I'm with Azrael here, wouldn't it have made more sense for Mirage to turn the wheel from the other side?

So, I don't Japanese much, but what's the plant he weasel man has for the fold network thing? Are they going to take control over it with jamming like they tried with the Vajra in the second Frontier movie? If so, then, well... I'm seeing a trend here.

So, Elysion isn't compatible to dock with the front of the city ship, so they had to go with the, ahem, backdoor method? I... can't even. At least they played it off like "oh, now it's just like Elysion towering over us on Ragna!" Yeah. You're not fooling anybody.

It's like they're playing catch up with the lewdness. Though throwing away clothing items to move around in zero gee is pretty clever. Surprised nobody's done that before in anime (unless they have).

Killer new ending, but disappointed in no new OP. Probably because new OP would have within it stuff that might have spoiled the outcome of the episode (Elysion on the city ship and whatnot), which I guess is a good move. Recap OP wasn't so bad.

Edited by Product9

And I'm with Azrael here, wouldn't it have made more sense for Mirage to turn the wheel from the other side?

Wouldn't it have made sense for Mirage to turn the wheel in the first place? She's stronger than Hayate owing to her remaining Zentraedi DNA, no?

Wouldn't it have made sense for Mirage to turn the wheel in the first place? She's stronger than Hayate owing to her remaining Zentraedi DNA, no?

If you look at the scene again, Hayate's problem was that he didn't have enough traction against the pipe, not that he wasn't strong enough. The reason Mirage was grabbing him around the waist was so her feet could reach the hand-holds on the pipe and provide leverage. Being on opposite sides of the wheel wouldn't have helped if they both kept slipping.

Mirage is only part-Zentradi. We're not sure how much she inherited, genetically.

Regardless, why wasn't she helping turn it? It would have taken a moment to have the mag connectors bind so she could have braced herself.

So, it is now perfectly clear, the Windermere war is all about economics... They were afraid that their apple monopoly would collapse. So, they came up with a diabolical scheme to Var everyone so that everyone would keep eating their apples. DIABOLICAL.

Oh, Keith got off really light... Not even a big scar on the face of the pretty boy. Poor Bogue, he looks lost without a definite target to kill, must KILL Walkure... no Walkure makes Bogue sad.

Ewww, what were those two seacats doing while Mirage/Hayate/Freyja were jabbering. Talk about lewd. I do hope Garfield made it out, because the uminekomans just won't taste the same without the key ingredient.

I wonder why they bother keeping the skies blue, that must be quite a drain on power given their power situation. I like it that their situation is a little like the original Macross, no energy, just a little desperate. It would be a change if Freyja actually is the winner of the Triangle... but it would be a little odd. Freyja's character is a good mix of Sheryl and Ranka. Much more likeable than Minmay or Ranka from that point of view.

I guess this episode really provides a reasoning why equipment should be kept up. I wonder if Ernie is responsible for the condition on the Island as well.

So much docking in this episode!

What was the purpose of removing their jackets? Was it to propel them toward the cable?

I feel this sorta episode was needed in this show, what i really loved about other Macross series is that there is something else going on outside of their struggles with whatever enemies they faced wether it be mundane everyday things to really good character moments that doesn't involve their work. Thats probably my biggest complaint with Delta, there really hasn't been that many moments where the characters are interacting and not talking about work.

maybe this is a completely wrong reaction to the ep...

i laughed so much & forgot that they're in the middle of a war, & for some strange reason, i was hoping to see a giant tuna floating in space

The seacats would've had a field day if that happened, why didnt it?!

Edited by ManhattanProject972

Mirage is only part-Zentradi. We're not sure how much she inherited, genetically.

Regardless, why wasn't she helping turn it? It would have taken a moment to have the mag connectors bind so she could have braced herself.

Mirage would have the same problem he had on his own, they would both just float up due to busted artificial gravity, that's why he needed her to keep him anchored so he could exert force on the wheel.

Valan reports the situation that the mind control operation of Windermere isn't ready yet. One of the brass asks Valans the status of the Fold Jamming Cannon. One of them comments them comments there wouldn't be a war if the plan worked 7 years ago. We don't know what that plan was yet so no jumping the gun on that.