Mission 8: Escape Resonance  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (It's purrrfect.)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (Mirage, grandpa made 2 prison breaks and walked away unscathed while you get roughed up.)

Welcome to the Macross Delta Episode 8 Talkback Thread

Guidelines:

• Macross Delta episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum except by Boinger in the iMacross thread. This is 2016, not 2007. They know about us and how the 'Net operates now. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Nico, related video-sharing or video streaming site links, File sharing links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to Boinger with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk and news talk for their respective threads. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers for the News thread.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).

Raw files will be release shortly after broadcast. Subtitled versions will be released when they are ready.

• Please use spoiler tags for the first 24-hours after an episode airs.
New episode threads and polls opens Sundays, 9:00AM EST/6:00AM PST (22:00, i.e. 10:00PM JST), 30 minutes BEFORE the broadcast.

Broadcast schedule:

Sunday: Tokyo MX, 22:30 JST

Monday: TVQ Kyushu, 26:30 (2:30 AM) JST

Tuesday: MBS, 27:00 (3:00 AM) JST / BS11, 24:00 (midnight) JST

Wednesday: d anime store, 12:00 JST / TV Aichi & Television Hokkaido, 26:05 (2:05 AM) JST

(Broadcast times subject to change, Check listings.)

I'm in Osaka right now and there's no TOKYO MX channel here in this hotel. I feel helpless... :( Guess I'll just have to wait.

Whether there's Valk action or not in this ep, I'm enjoying this series so far and will surely get the Blu-ray that will be released starting next month. Let's all support Macross!!!

I can't help but laugh at the flimsy excuse Bogue gave for this war. Before Eathers came they were ignorant of the universe around them. Earthers disturbed that peace. Winderean nobility are so full of themselves. Hayate kept
wrecking them with the truth. Even Freyja calls on their bullshit.

Freyja manages to rescue little Catgirl's dad from Var. Unfortunately Messer has Var. He met Keith in person.

Call back to Macross 7 Protoculture ruins resonate with Anima Spiritia aka those with Space-Time Resonance or Fold Receptor Factor. A callback to Macross Frontier a pilot with Fold Quartz resonate with singers with Fold Waves. Hayate resonating with Freyja beat Bogue. Bogue crashed down swears revenge.

Roid realizes something about the ruins resonating with Walkure. Earlier he stopped Keith from killing Freyja.

Voldor seems to have been freed.

Some valk fights again :)

Messer finally goes Var

Freyja's song power increased, can synchronize with Hayate's fold quartz to power up his VF31?

Roid seems interested in Freyja's song power now, maybe she will become Heinz's replacement?

Edited by CRYO

Freyja's song power increased, can synchronize with Hayate's fold quartz to power up his VF31?

It happened before.

Macross Frontier Wings of Goodbye

Macross 30

The YF-29 Durandal Fold Wave System and YF-30 Chronos Fold Dimensional Resonance System are filled to the brim with Fold Quartz. The VF-31J is based on the YF-30 and being part of a Tactical Sound Unit it would not surprise me if it gets a boost from a Fold Receptor.

The theme of song weaponization is continuing in this episode. Heinz is obviously getting overshadowed by Freyja here. Sure, with a combination of biological weapon, Heinz can control all of the Var infected and coordinate them, but Freyja can cure, and then improve performance of pilots with fold quartz.

But now we see that a combo of singers and fold quartz can apparently improve pilot performance, I wonder how long it'll be before the information reaches the redshirts of NUNS.

You can see where this is going to go, soon, you get all the ordinary redshirts going on strike with banners like "A Walkure for every Valkyrie"; "we want fold quartz and a singer for our two seater"; "Give us our singer, or use Ghosts"

May be they'll try to keep this a secret, too bad Grace isn't around, or she might be ordering the mass cloning of idols and pilots, and mating them with fold receptors and fold quartz, then putting them in the latest Valks. Scary but also cool sounding.

I think I'm actually starting to like Booger, his reaction to when Hayate beat him was just priceless. "I'll get that pesky kid the next time"

Oh, and almost forgot, the evil twin brothers were almost impressive in their beatupness of Mirage and Hayate.

Edited by kalvasflam

Was Mikumo singing in English there at one point or has my auditive impediment finally reached a critical stage? Speaking of Mikumo, there was an ever so short shout out to Macross Plus there when her hologram image did a little Sharon Apple move on Boygue (what a smug and nasty SOB that kid is).

Mirage and Hayate really got the snot kicked out of them there. Either they are useless at hand to hand (no Jenus genes there) combat or the Windermereans are superior phisically to humans.

Oh my... here we go.

Bogue... you couldn't have just walked ominously down the stairs? Jumping totally ruined your villain cred.

Moreover, where was he keeping that sword? None of these guys is wearing a scabbard! (A potential explanation for why Keith is so stiff? He's storing that sword somewhere...)

Points for attempted trolling, Hayate... the more I see of him the more I see him as the anti-Alto. Moping and a defeatist attitude seems to be something Hayate's categorically incapable of. Shame it got his teeth kicked in this time. I'm wondering what delightfully ironic retribution will befall Bogue in the fullness of time...

I wonder if Kashim and Hermann are setting themselves up to be the defectors in chief? Neither one of them seem entirely happy with Windermere's war. Hermann in particular seems to realize what a terrible idea it is.

Again with the stair-jumping... one of humanity's chief exports to Windermere must be Batman comics...

Roid to the rescue? Oh dear...

Lovely combat sequence... though I wish they'd stop with the "Talking is a free action".

Started talky - didn't understand but Bogue is definitely a douche

Got songy - not sure about the newest Walkure effort but liked Freyja's version of the little kitty's song - her equivalent to Aimo?!?

Got Valky - nice sequence

oh yeah and Messer went full retard, uh i mean Var!

Edited by Moosey

Started talky - didn't understand but Bogue is definitely a douche

Got songy - not sure about the newest Walkure effort but liked Freyja's version of the little kitty's song

Got Valky - nice sequence

oh yeah and Messer went full retard, uh i mean Var!

I think vartard needs to become a thing. :p

Mirage and Hayate really got the snot kicked out of them there. Either they are useless at hand to hand (no Jenus genes there) combat or the Windermereans are superior phisically to humans.

It's already been established that Windermereans possess hightened physical abilities. It's the reason why they only have an average life of thirty years.

I'll be honest... after Bogue's behavior today, I totally want Freyja and Bogue's next meeting to be her kicking him in the d*ck and him spending the entire rest of the episode on the ground foaming at the mouth.

You know I originally pegged Bogue to be a music hater, but the more I think about it, it is very likely that he is into the oldie, they should try Aimo or Minmay no uta and see if that will culture him. Ultimately though, I'd liked to see Bogue cultured right before he is killed... heh heh I know that sounds a little mean. But what the heck.

At first, it started out slow...

I was beginning to get disappointed, and then... Some Valkyrie action and new songs!!! There's plenty for every one here!

Can't wait for the subs to learn more about what the characters were talking about.

Hahaha, take that Bogue ya giant D-bag! Not so fun getting your butt shot down by Hayate now is it? And you're lucky too as he had you locked on.

Freyja's song was fantastic, best of the series so far! B))

Can't remember the last time Macross BGM's had sweet guitar licks.

When Hayate downed Bogue's engine...oh hells yeah.

Dogfighter from SDFM.

Notice that...

The Aerial Knights are in pain listening to Freyja? This is reminiscent of the Protodevlin's reaction to Basara's song.

Like Zentraedi's reaction to Minmay's song. Well not really in pain.

"Macross 7 did it. But SDF Macross did it first." Heheheh, I always wanted to say that.

Quick-view. Will watch again later.

Some of the cel-shots look poor. Looks like the secondary animation is starting to get farmed out. My stance on the music remains the same. JUNNA by herself is good. Ms. Suzuki's solo is good. But mixing everyone's voices still needs work.

Bogue v. Hayate confirmed. Now that Keith and Messer have met face-to-face, that should up their rivalry.

Oh my... here we go.

Moreover, where was he keeping that sword? None of these guys is wearing a scabbard! (A potential explanation for why Keith is so stiff? He's storing that sword somewhere...)

I think I saw Keith's scabbard, but Bogue pulled a Highlander and made it magically appear. As did Theo and Xao.

Haven't seen the episode yet, but reading all the spoilers......hahaha.

Anyway, it doesn't surprise me that Hayate was able to shoot down Bogue. Bogue has already nearly died in two previous episodes, being nearly shot down by Messer and Mirage and having to be rescued by Master Herman and by Keith.

Bogue definitely seems the most impetuous and last careful of the Knights.

What I mean is beating Bogue in Valk on Valk combat doesn't exactly seem like it would give huge bragging rights, as he's basically Mr. Nearly gets shot down a lot.

I'm in Osaka right now and there's no TOKYO MX channel here in this hotel. I feel helpless... :( Guess I'll just have to wait.

Whether there's Valk action or not in this ep, I'm enjoying this series so far and will surely get the Blu-ray that will be released starting next month. Let's all support Macross!!!

Well that's a given... B))

Haven't seen anything yet.. but I can't help but read stuff people say. It usually doesn't ruin it for me either way.

GG is reporting their subs might take a little longer. Works out for me since I'm out of town with a shoddy hotel wifi connection. By the time the subs are out I'll be home.

I'm sure I'll have more after the subs come out, but.... The whole Fold Song convergence thing between Freya and Hayate gave me a total MS Gundam New Type vibe. I realize it is a call back to the Frontier triangle, but still, Alto never received a sudden skill boost when it happened, only some messages, encouragement and maybe even some insight.

The whole singing daddy down by Freya was very touching as we saw Hayate was torn between killing this zombie or holding out until Freya could work her magic. I definitely got the impression that Freya is the Wind Singer the Windemerians have been looking for.

Good drama in the cave. You think that they'll get out with Mirage's flash grenade, but the Ariel Knights are too fast, nicely done. The whole sequence with Freya singing down the VF-171 Captain and Hayate doing his damndest to keep himself and the idol alive was a good moment too.

Messer seems to have the Var bad! Surrounded by all the Walkurie music and even after the battle he is still unclean. Not a good sign. I suspect his PTSD might have something to do with it.

Hard to say at this point how much of the Vodor military has been released from Windy control. Maybe a resistance movement will erupt there...

Still no Windemere SDF warship (a guy's gotta have hope you know?)

Edited by Zinjo

Roid seems interested in Freyja's song power now, maybe she will become Heinz's replacement?

I suspect that is why Heinz is so weak, he is trying to sing at the Wind Singer's level but can't. Perhaps his heart isn't in it or he has to sing angry for the mind control to work, which could also take its toll. That seems to be a theme with the resonance waves, they require emotion to be effective. Likely why Mikumo keeps pushing Freyja.

Edited by Zinjo