I still like my 1/48 Collection. How about you?

Roy Focker

They’ve held up pretty well.

I kinda abused my TV Max 1A by leaving it up in the attic.  But other than one shoulder joint that didn’t want to stay pivoted away from the body, the gun strap no longer being one smooth arc (due to being folded up when stored away and then dealing with temperature variations), and the blue plastic yellowing to teal (easily corrected with paint), they’ve all held up like champs.

The actual Yamato stickers are kinda gauzy.  But that’s always been an issue even when they were first applied.

Yamato made an absolute beast with the 1/48’s, but their stickers? :nea: Not so much.

The stickers on my Stealth SSP (bought separately) are peeling off as it was applied by the former owner.  Low vis 1a with the Urban City GBP is out in display in my lower shelf in the detolf as I moved down into the basement and don't have the southern directional sun beating down in my bedroom (still get natural light as the window is facing east). 

2 hours ago, vladykins said:

For 1/48s I stuck with the noncannon black and gray valks: one anniversary black and gold, 2 stealth 1Js (one strike, one in urban GBP), 1 low vis 1A. All have held up well (pictured with DX Roy and Max).

May be an image of food

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

My Yamato 1/48s are all in excellent condition. Broke a laser off one of their heads but that wasn't the fault of the toy...dropped it onto hard floors from over 6 ft up so that's all the damage it sustained so not bad at all.

1 hour ago, Ryoma said:

They are in very good conditions. Transformed them few times and they still look pretty solid. Some of them yellowed of course, mostly the ones that were exposed to direct sunlight. Anyway the majority still looks great, especially the low vis ones and the three GBP armors. I guess my only complain is that many stickers are peeling off. But that's a good excuse to take them off completely and put waterslide decals instead.

Good to here they have held up.  I definitely want to get a stealth VF-1J with the super packs set.  That's one I regret selling.  I'll probably get the low vis vf-1a too.  I miss that one as well.

1 hour ago, Mog said:

Yamato made an absolute beast with the 1/48’s, but their stickers? :nea: Not so much.

And that is why I started making decals and stickers for Yamato valks right after they started releasing the v1 1/60s. The stickers that come with Yamato valks are terrible and I didn't want to tarnish my collection by applying them. I can't say that I'm impressed with Arcadia sticker quality, either.

You know it’s a bad sign when you look at the stickers that came with the Toynami Beta, and realize that they look far superior and less gauzy than the 1/48 Yamato’s stickers. :huh:

Finding those grails from your wish list might be harder now that most of everyone is keeping them @Special Sauce. Don't know if @Kicker773 has some left for grabs or it is all gone.

There was a Stealth 1J with the SSP all in the box on Manda for 22k yen (box pitted to hell) at one time and someone has gotten it. DHL shipping wasn't a factor as that collector wanted it badly and got it (might paid close to 50k yen complete for everything when said and done). 

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Finding those grails from your wish list might be harder now that most of everyone is keeping them @Special Sauce. Don't know if @Kicker773 has some left for grabs or it is all gone.

There was a Stealth 1J with the SSP all in the box on Manda for 22k yen (box pitted to hell) at one time and someone has gotten it. DHL shipping wasn't a factor as that collector wanted it badly and got it (might paid close to 50k yen complete for everything when said and done). 

I'll just be patient and wait for a good deal to come along.  They periodically turn up so I'm not that worried I won't be able to get one.  DHL isn't the only shipping available anymore either now that things are starting to loosen up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

Wow @nightmareB4macross - nice collection!! Any chance you could show off the whole collection?

And please LMK if you ever decide to "thin out" your duplicates. :)

Hope this will suffice for now. 

I will be displaying these and more at SDCon in October.  You should all come out and enjoy and support this time honored event.

For the fans by the fans.

image.jpeg.86f960a71225684197e5c4f1bedb4121.jpeg

29 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I will be displaying these and more at SDCon in October.  You should all come out and enjoy and support this time honored event.

Sorry if I am missing the obvious, can you please share a link to the event? Is it in the LA area?

3 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Hope this will suffice for now. 

image.jpeg.86f960a71225684197e5c4f1bedb4121.jpeg

Minmay Guard. :wub: 

animation-gif.thumb.gif.0d3fb2771278a1bc24012f9d0d9595fa.gif

Not sure I posted this on this tread.

Great customs @nightmareB4macross wow! I think the Yammie 1/48 connects better to the backpack in fighter mode. the Dx has that Gap at the back. Bandai does have super small panel gaps, but when it comes to connecting the legs to the backpack, they gave up. Is it just me?  

Edited by vlenhoff

13 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

animation-gif.thumb.gif.0d3fb2771278a1bc24012f9d0d9595fa.gif

Not sure I posted this on this tread.

Great customs @nightmareB4macross wow! I think the Yammie 1/48 connects better to the backpack in fighter mode. the Dx has that Gap at the back. Bandai does have super small panel gaps, but when it comes to connecting the legs to the backpack, they gave up. Is it just me?  

Thanks.

Yup. I agree with you on DX. There seems to be areas where if they put a little more effort they would have been increadible beyond an update and paint apps.

They’re still nice to play with and prominence on any shelf.

image.jpeg.ff40f6b8120a30a1ae8d2dfa0491f12b.jpeg