BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

37 minutes ago, Vintage Fanboy said:

.. i think it will just be the same with the 2018 Full Set Pack ver., Bandai just "Revive" it so fans who missed before can get it with normal prices, because DX YF-19 these days are ridiculously overprice.. i personally feel like between Arcadia and Bandai they had "an under the table agreement" not to cross some particular/specific characteristics when they produce the same fighter jet.. 

From what's been discussed in the forums before, its licensing agreements between BW and bandai/arcadia/toy manufacturers that drives scale/releases. 

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, enphily said:

It's not full set pack, but for almost same price

Yeah doesnt come with the full array of missiles...its abt 600 yen cheaper than the full set pack but without missiles.....from that standpoint the full pack is more bang for the buck...

and no fold booster either...and also no arm cannon seems like it (since that was packed together with the missiles)...

from what can be gathered from the product page anyway...

that being said...i wonder if the wonky tail rudder is more secure now...

Edited by seti88

10 minutes ago, borgified said:

Bare Bones set this time... Watch the tolerances be trash like the other previous MWW releases (DX Revival 25 and the newly re-release Haya Haya 31ax). :ph34r:

Unless there are changes to the earlier YF-19 mold, I will not expect the tolerances to change.

I don’t know, I think it is a pretty sweet valk! I have the VF-19Advance from Bandai and love it, would love the YF-19, especially if it means they will release a YF-21!

Twich

Heh.. and here I was hoping they'd make the heels not fugly.  Probably asking too much, they really really do not seem to understand how the feet need to be shaped to work in all modes.

Looking forward to the accessory pack though, I'll be happy to buy a few extras to outfit all the completely bare Bandai valks I have laying around. <_< 

45 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Heh.. and here I was hoping they'd make the heels not fugly.  Probably asking too much, they really really do not seem to understand how the feet need to be shaped to work in all modes.

Looking forward to the accessory pack though, I'll be happy to buy a few extras to outfit all the completely bare Bandai valks I have laying around. <_< 

The only accessories coming in this release are the effect parts/pilots/hands/supers. 

No indication of the full set accessories. 

40 minutes ago, seti88 said:

The only accessories coming in this release are the effect parts/pilots/hands/supers. 

No indication of the full set accessories. 

I know, I'm just dreaming that they'll sell all the extra bits separately, so I can grab a few more piles of missiles. ^_^ 

They're not even including the fast packs this time, which is actually kind of insulting, considering how minor they are.  It was stupid when Yamato didn't include them, and it feels even stupider for Bandai to backtrack on doing it right the first time. <_< 

Maybe I'll try and pick up a 4th copy to repaint this time around...

Edited by Chronocidal

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

https://tamashiiweb.com/item/14470/?wovn=en

Dec Re-release with pin-point barrier re-colored?!

July 03 pre-order for December release....

which means.....fingers crossed for the 21 next year!

Bandai nickel-n-dime 2.0....

dxyf19-reissue.jpg.f43be7e5b98ee5b735936e1dbd69e236.jpg

bandai-nickel-n-diming.JPG.d3bd8b66d492168323b2e7f346d48834.JPG

dxyf19-reissue-info.jpg.8e383bcb3e8839f9d4ce447bcd5c6ae3.jpg

vs

original https://tamashiiweb.com/item/12553/ :

dxyf19-original-release.jpg.f3d891eabc03feff2ab8d09efc25558e.jpg

dxyf19-original-release-stuff.jpg.3e9b63cf67d8e9fc89e92cecd520496b.jpg

:unknw:

:5:

:bump:

Edited by treatment

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

stealth colors? A reason to paint over the NETFC ?😄

24 minutes ago, treatment said:

Bandai nickel-n-dime 2.0....

vs

original https://tamashiiweb.com/item/12553/ :

:unknw:

:5:

:bump:

So....whats bandai's inflation rate on a 1000 yen full pack p-bandai yf-19 accessories pack?🤑

wonder how bandai will position any yf-21 DX...

I already have a spare of the Full Pack Set but haven't opened it yet so I'll be skipping this release.  Nice to see they've now come to completing at least 1 of each Valk release shown in their WWM logo.

50 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

yeah, but JPY to USD in 2018 was ~110 yen/dollar vs the 140+ it's been lately. so at least there's that.

This reissue is going to be a general release in Japan, so the US exchange-rate cannot quite really be accounted for the msrp-shenanigans of this rather nerfed reissue-release (no missiles, no fold booster, no FPs/armor, no arm-cannon).

at any rate, Bandai PR at Hobby-Dengeki:

https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/1987642/

Guess an extender clip for fighter mode so the gunpod doesn't have to bend in the middle was too much to hope for. Neither's a great option, but the bending gunpod on my VF-19A always particularly irked me. Lack of extras is a real downer, too. 

Delaying the YF-21 for a WMM release does make a lot of sense in hindsight, though, if that's their plan. M+ was more popular over here than it was in Japan IIRC. 

At less the fold booster should be in since it is one of the main features in the anime.

I don't really mind about the payload since the YF-19 was never animated using that kind of weapons.

Yeah, keeping the fold booster/armor packs would have definitely lessened the sting. I would mutter about them removing the missiles/cannon, but I'd still buy it. Much less tempted with everything removed.

I feel like they wanted to remove everything to make the extra "full set pack" tempting enough to buy, but then knowing Bandai they will then proceed to never sell that pack. 

12 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

Stealth colors? A reason to paint over the NETFC ?😄

Hmm.. Ravens/Cavaliers, Emerald Squad (M7), Double Nuts, Nu Tung, Dobber’s Digital Scheme, Matrix Vibes or maybe a Itasha wrap of Sharon Apple emblazed on the entire plane as she’s taking over the YF-19 herself. 

8 minutes ago, borgified said:

Hmm.. Ravens/Cavaliers, Emerald Squad (M7), Double Nuts, Nu Tung, Dobber’s Digital Scheme, Matrix Vibes or maybe a Itasha wrap of Sharon Apple emblazed on the entire plane as she’s taking over the YF-19 herself. 

More like this.

Has_ModelGraphic_Option_1_Back.jpg

If they don't announce an accessory pack with everything they took out, I'm not sure I can pull the trigger on this, despite having looked forward to this re-release. Gonna be rough to wait and see while hoping it does stay in stock like other wwm releases.

The dream is this could lead to the same treatmenet with the advance, so the parts could be mix and matched, even if colors and markings are wrong. But I'm aware that hoping for a separate missile and arm cannon set and then an even more hypothetical 19 advance and its pack as more separate sets, is like asking Bandai for a lot of schodinger's monkey's paw.

You know, I keep waiting for someone to remember that there was a sliding cover over the back seat once Yang ejected.  Would be a really easy part to make, too.  I might have to look into that. ^_^ 

Interesting thing though.. the helmet-less Isamu there looks far more detailed than the original, and his hands actually reach the controls.  Or maybe they just shoved that one into the seat properly?  :huh: