Guest davidwhangchoi

i speculate only one or two of them will get special armor which will bring up it's value.

hayate is definitely going to be one of them get something exclusive just for his valk. like a dancing armor

i speculate only one or two of them will get special armor which will bring up it's value.

hayate is definitely going to be one of them get something exclusive just for his valk. like a dancing armor

I would agree. The dancing armor would you see it as specialized for close quarter combat?

So far we have seen the speaker pod (episode 6) or as I call it the Boombox pod armor set.

Here's my wishlist of add-ons.

• Armored set
  • Dual cannon pod set or giant cannon set (the whole pod is a large canon)
  • Advanced missile pod set (an improved version from the YF-30)
  • EW set with ghosts.
Edited by Saburo

I would agree. The dancing armor would you see it as specialized for close quarter combat?

So far we have seen the speaker pod (episode 6) or as I call it the Boombox pod armor set.

• Armored set
  • EW set with ghosts.

Endless possibilities *drool*

How about a set of melee weapons? Like a sheath for pin point barrier swords. :wub:

Edited by Scyla

• Armored set
  • EW set with ghosts.

Or even replaces the whole weapons pod with a giant missile that turns out to be a new form of Speaker Pod Gamma.

Edited by ManhattanProject972

A sneak peek of what Super Seigfried looks like. Note that this is the 1/72 kit and not DX. I'm just sharing it here.

Those images are not only interesting for the Super Packs, but also because they seem to give us the pairing between pilot/idol of the Delta squad?

Those images are not only interesting for the Super Packs, but also because they seem to give us the pairing between pilot/idol of the Delta squad?

That and a preview of the Elysium in cruiser mode!

Where's the fold booster pod?

Edited by wmkjr

Yeah liking the supers!

CiN7eZ2VEAANvRU.jpg

Me too. I might get a Delta 01 set. No need to deploy those 'boom box' pods for me. ;)

Yes! Mikumo for Delta 01! Confirmed. ;)

Though upon request, David already put them as the respective Waifus on the 31 list. :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

kinda looks stupid from the top angle, i really hated the 29 bc it looked like batman spreading his cape diving off a building (looking wide fat)

this pic looks fatter

1u54qpj.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I'm checking this 1/72 VF-31S Battroid photo from TagHobby. And it shows the waist is kinda in black cylindrical form. Hope if it's the same for the DX version it will be easy to open up if ever that part became loose over time.

image-45.jpeg

Edited by no3ljm

A sneak peek of what Super Seigfried looks like. Note that this is the 1/72 kit and not DX. I'm just sharing it here.

Yup, they're color coded. ;)

Hmmm if only we could "use" the 1/72 kit supers on a DX to save some $$ :lol::lol:

Someone would need to mod it into 1/60 scale...

wishful thinking....

I'm checking this 1/72 VF-31S Battroid photo from TagHobby. And it shows the waist is kinda in black cylindrical form. Hope if it's the same for the DX version it will be easy to open up if ever that part became loose over time.

image-45.jpeg

The nose cone looks like it would limit the range of motion somewhat? The sharp edges of the groin piece may seem to block it...

** hmm am thinking of mixing the supers amongst the valks...for a custom 31 valk :lol:

Edited by seti88

After dealing with the Frontier kits, I have no desire to ever touch another Bandai 1/72 kit. I have way more money than time (or patience) these days.

I did preorder a Hayate 31 kit, but I'm pretty much snapping that one together out of the box. It's really just to familiarize myself with the transformation and tide me over till the DX toys arrive.

After dealing with the Frontier kits, I have no desire to ever touch another Bandai 1/72 kit. I have way more money than time (or patience) these days.

I did preorder a Hayate 31 kit, but I'm pretty much snapping that one together out of the box. It's really just to familiarize myself with the transformation and tide me over till the DX toys arrive.

Haha, me too exactly.

kinda looks stupid from the top angle, i really hated the 29 bc it looked like batman spreading his cape diving off a building (looking wide fat)

this pic looks fatter

1u54qpj.jpg

Now, I can see what you're saying. I guess, that's the reason why the pod needs to be 'deployed' then. So that it will take that fatty looking back like a 'Manta Ray' away from your eyes. If that's the case, I'm never going to use those 'boom box' pods. :lol:

I never collect toy and always build Gundam Kit. I tried a super VF-25s and the next thing I knew, I have the DX toys within a quarter.

I hope Bandai continues with painting the white circle around the red portion of the warhead of the micro missiles for the opening pods. This is the one thing I'm severely missing form the YF-29 and (I think) the Renewal Tornado Packs.

From the top view the Super Siegfried (love that name) looks stunning.

From the top view the Super Siegfried (love that name) looks stunning.

from the top you can't see the weirdness going on with the legs. :rolleyes:

I'm going to sound really weird and crazy but I hate, hate, HATE when valks have to have the knee and gerwalk joints bent to accommodate leg fast packs. FAST packs/super parts that can mount without having to miss-transform the fighter mode are superior IMO.

Edited by anime52k8

I'm going to sound really weird and crazy but I hate, hate, HATE when valks have to have the knee and gerwalk joints bent to accommodate leg fast packs. FAST packs/super parts that can mount without having to miss-transform the fighter mode are superior IMO.

Are there any add-on parts that do that? From the top of my head I can only remember the YF-21/VF-22 but it is a shell former so I'm not sure if this is a good example. Especially since the Packs are so minuscule in appearance. ;)

So you dislike all fast packs? Because they all do it, except the 17 and the 21.

from a technical design and practicality perspective, i agree. however, that scene in DYRL, when they were mounting leg supers to a CF and the VF-1 lifted a little to accommodate it, really left an impression on me. part of the novelty i suppose, is that it conveyed how the supers were a later development that had to be retrofitted to an existing design. of course, designers post VF-1 aren't entitled to this excuse.

aesthetics-wise, i like how the "mistransformation" is analogous to cocking your elbows at a slight angle, clenching fists and flexing when walking over to stare down another dude. :D

Dont see it posted here, so here is a side view ....view...

post-15116-0-68124300-1463061151_thumb.jpg

In the model's thread, i brought up the question of how the FP connectors hold on to the wing. Its also slightly curved at the front of the connector without clipping on the leading edge..Perhaps its a model kit issue, am wondering how the DX will look like with FP connectors..

Edited by seti88

Guest davidwhangchoi

Now, I can see what you're saying. I guess, that's the reason why the pod needs to be 'deployed' then. So that it will take that fatty looking back like a 'Manta Ray' away from your eyes. If that's the case, I'm never going to use those 'boom box' pods. :lol:

yeah, maybe with the pod's deployed it'll look better.