ok its official! I have decided that I will be buying each and every Delta Valkyrie variant of both VF-31 and Sv-262! :D

And maybe even multiples of the CF variants! ^_^

Heck you only live once eh! :rolleyes:

Hahaha! Time to list down all the organs you don't need, brother. :lol:

Hahaha! Time to list down all the organs you don't need, brother. :lol:

hehe! true! but im not sure how good the organ black market actually is at the moment.. :p

How do you think I feel? Between this hobby, Warhammer 40k, and Airsoft, I have no money...

I know eh! and here I was actually considering (somehow!?!?) getting back to the race track on the motorcycle! :wacko:

Hahaha! You should try Cup Noodles then, my friend. Saves a lot. ;)

nahh cup noodles too expensive.. flour and water is better! :p:lol:

hehe! true! but im not sure how good the organ black market actually is at the moment.. :p

nahh cup noodles too expensive.. flour and water is better! :p:lol:

Or... how good your organ is for selling since you're just eating flour and water. :lol:

How do you think I feel? Between this hobby, Warhammer 40k, and Airsoft, I have no money...

YIKES 40k!? I used play many years ago, back then it was pricey but lucky for me I worked at a hobby shop and I could buy figs at cost. I recently looked to see how much it costs to get into 40k and it is expensive. I can understand what you are going through. :blink:

Flour and water? Okay, Mr Millionaire! :p

Having seen the episode, I like the new packs. I'm going to need 2 of each unit at least, because while the new packs look good, they really hide all the lovely curves on the 31,which I also like.

I'll just get my meals down at the homeless shelter. :D

It's gonna be a tough call. If you would have asked me after the first episode, I would have said one of each (31/262). Now that the plot is moving along I may be getting more.

I bet Bandai's toy and model designers are cursing Kawamori for just adding a mid-fin hinge to the tail fins that wasn't there before. That's gonna make the toy more complex and fragile.

I mean, OK the toy designers probably got wind of it a while before episode 6 aired, but I imagine it could be what's delaying any new pics of the toy, as Bandai may have had to rework the 31 toy design to change the tail fins and maybe other parts of the toy to accommodate the Super Pack designs, depending on how long ago or how recently Kawmori finalised the Super Pack designs and released them to Bandai's designers.

Also, not sure how secure and stable those Super Pack boosters are gonna be if they just clip onto the top of the folded tail fins along with what looks like a peg clipping into the leading edge of the wing root.

I definitely can imagine the mid-fin hinge being stressed easily.

Graham

Yeah, I must admit I'm not really sold on anything about the 31, structurally speaking. It's not a bad design, but it does a whole bunch of little things that irritate my design sense.

I might get a couple, depending on my attachment to any characters once I see the show, but I'm finding the 262 much more interesting all around. :huh:

I actually really like the design of the bare VF-31, but I'm not sold on the Super Pack design and am quite worried about how they will attach to the toy.

Maybe the super parts will come packed with replacement wings? They did it on the 171.

I really hope they don't.

I'm thinking that akin to the replacement hip guns of the -25, the -31's super parts will come with replacement tailfins----permanently folded over for strength,(and maybe permanently attached to the boosters) and so the "naked" -31 can have single-pice fins.

I'm thinking that akin to the replacement hip guns of the -25, the -31's super parts will come with replacement tailfins----permanently folded over for strength,(and maybe permanently attached to the boosters) and so the "naked" -31 can have single-pice fins.

That's probably the best overall solution.

I bet Bandai's toy and model designers are cursing Kawamori for just adding a mid-fin hinge to the tail fins that wasn't there before. That's gonna make the toy more complex and fragile.

I mean, OK the toy designers probably got wind of it a while before episode 6 aired, but I imagine it could be what's delaying any new pics of the toy, as Bandai may have had to rework the 31 toy design to change the tail fins and maybe other parts of the toy to accommodate the Super Pack designs, depending on how long ago or how recently Kawmori finalised the Super Pack designs and released them to Bandai's designers.

Also, not sure how secure and stable those Super Pack boosters are gonna be if they just clip onto the top of the folded tail fins along with what looks like a peg clipping into the leading edge of the wing root.

I definitely can imagine the mid-fin hinge being stressed easily.

Graham

The early prototype display shows the hinge.

post-15116-0-84796700-1462940783_thumb.jpg

So it looks like bandai already knew abt the fast packs and the fin mid-folddown.

Am not sure it the pyramid-ish indentation above the hinge could signal a large tab for FP's to fit in.

I thk the delay in releasing would be...

How to attach a gunpod under the fuselage whilst also having the projector pods deployed. :lol::lol::lol:

I agree with both 1 (implicit yes) and 2 (dealbreaker). Perfect transformation or bust, Bandai!

Well it would be no parts forming if the toy could transform through all three modes without removing any piece. ^_^ The same goes for the hip-thingy armor piece on the VF-25. They don't need to be removed for transformation but you have to replace them when you go from Bare to Super Messiah.

I think adding extra wings with parts of the booster mount added to them for a secure connection is probably the best solution if Bandais engineerings weren't aware of the Super Parts early on. Since they showed the prototypes early on (especially the SV-626) I assume they must work together with the designers of the mecha from the beginning.

Maybe it doesn't need extra wings and the toy designers came up with a clever mechanism to provide a secure connection.

I wonder if they took the weapon pod off the display Battroid, to hide the fact that it is actually a Sound Booster.......Hahaha

Listen to my song!

nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:wacko::unsure::(

we.just.don't.need.another.sound.booster.valkyrie.damn.it.

That's not even funny Graham.. you shouldn't joke like that or give them any ideas they simply don't need! ;):p:lol:

Hahaha...........with episode 6, my prediction from page 7 of this thread came true..........LOL

I wonder if Bandai is gonna use the same release format for the DX lineup like they're doing with their Mecha Colle one.

Hayate first (no surprise here).

Arad second.

Chuck third.

Messer fourth?

Mirage last?

Edited by UN Spacy

I Hope the release order is Messer, Arad, Hayate, VF-31A, Chuck, Mirage, but I know it won't be.

We all know Hayate will be first.

I'm down to two hobbies only, Macross & Airsoft and I still have no money.........hahaha

oh dear god I can see it now..

wait guys let make love not war! then out comes the valkyrie sized guitar, keyboard and drum set.. then lame arse music and valk dancing begins.. kill me now. :wacko:

dancing Valk's... <_< I knew I should have kept my big stupid mouth shut. :rolleyes:

Hahaha...........with episode 6, my prediction from page 7 of this thread came true..........LOL

:rolleyes:

I wonder if Bandai is gonna use the same release format for the DX lineup like they're doing with their Mecha Colle one.

Hayate first (no surprise here).

Arad second.

Chuck third.

Messer fourth?

Mirage last?

They already teased arads and messers, I gather they will put mirage as 4th and the radome last.

dancing Valk's... <_< I knew I should have kept my big stupid mouth shut. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Just hope it doesn't get worse than a dancing valk....a swan lake valk!!

I bet Bandai will just leave the fin with its current hinge at the base, and incorporate the support it would have made into the super pack itself. More mechanically sound, more durable, easier to make, "close enough" to the anime.

Edited by Sildani

my question was more how, I assume order from Amazon Japan and then use something like tenso? Or is there a better method

Hobby Link Japan, Ami Ami, Nippon-Yasan... there are lots of online shops that sell directly to people outside of Japan.

I bet Bandai will just leave the fin with its current hinge at the base, and incorporate the support it would have made into the super pack itself. More mechanically sound, more durable, easier to make, "close enough" to the anime.

Or we should just wait for the "Renewals"? ;)

Hobby Link Japan, Ami Ami, Nippon-Yasan... there are lots of online shops that sell directly to people outside of Japan.

okay, and thank you for the speedy replies

i noticed amiami was taking preorders for a couple of the VF-31s but have never done preorders through them.

i noticed amiami was taking preorders for a couple of the VF-31s but have never done preorders through them.

They are not the DX toys talked about in this thread. They are smaller model-kits.

I think those 31's you saw at AmiAmi probably the model kit. The preorder for the DX release however will be open probably in the next couple of months. Just in time for Japan winter release. Next time you have inquiry, you can ask on this FAQ thread. ;)

Anyways, Macross toys is so addictive, so good luck! :)

You have been WARNED!

giphy.gif