Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

early production sample vf 0s

http://www.metal-box.jp/blog/

Are these indicative of the final production version? I noticed that the UN Spacy shields, and the Jolly-Rogers are already on the plane, as well as other detail markings. Are these going to be tampoed out of the box? Or did the guy in the blog just applied the decals?

In Fighter mode, the Valk looks just like the V.1 version. I'm hard pressed to see any difference apart from lighter shade of Off-white plastic they used for the body, the missing red stripes on the head monitor beam cannons, and that tab slot for the fast packs. Even the out-of-the-box load-out is the same.

Eriku's impressions about the tight tolerances are very heartening though, and I guess this is where the V.2 will stand out. I don't own the 0D so I have no idea of how tight the tolerances are for these V.2 Zeroes. I guess anything is better than the floppy mess that is the V.1. :wacko:

That price though....almost USD 300 without the Armor pack. If it weren't for the fact that the VF-0S is my second favorite Valkyrie design, I would have easily passed on this one, considering I already have the V.1 (floppiness and all) dressed all pretty with the Ghost Pack. If this is the direction Arcadia is going with their pricing, they're not going to win a lot of fans any time soon.

BTW, any news on when the Armor parts will be released?

That's an immaculate shot Saburo!

The fuel pods (or whatever they are) on the chest are glued on and not removable like the original. I was a bit bummed by this since I prefer Battroid without them. I know they’re accurate to the show but I don’t care for how they look. How can he see past those? :p

Actually, you can get them off. I popped mine off so that I could start panel lining. Just took a little more force than you think you'd need. The pegs are very short, so there's little chance of breaking them. Also Shin ejected his as he approached the birdman in the last episode, so having them off is just as legitimate, although it does expose ugly holes in the chest.

Are those Jolly Rogers on the inside of the tail fins accurate? Looks a bit odd.

Yeah, the jolly roger insignia on the inside of the fins is accurate.

Are these indicative of the final production version? I noticed that the UN Spacy shields, and the Jolly-Rogers are already on the plane, as well as other detail markings. Are these going to be tampoed out of the box? Or did the guy in the blog just applied the decals?

Most of those look like stickers in those pics. You can see the outline of the clear parts of the stickers. Other than the UN Spacy, Danger Intake V's and the skull squadron insignias, I have very low expectations that anything else will be tampoed.

Actually, you can get them off. I popped mine off so that I could start panel lining. Just took a little more force than you think you'd need. The pegs are very short, so there's little chance of breaking them. Also Shin ejected his as he approached the birdman in the last episode, so having them off is just as legitimate, although it does expose ugly holes in the chest.

Good to know, I'll give it another try. B))

.....and one buys these mats where exactly??? Cause that's freakin awesome!

They are very nice for any sort of craft/exacto blade work.

Fiskars 24X36 Inch Self Healing Rotary Cutting Mat

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YZASYO/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_9fN5vb0XMNQB8

its 2 sided, light or dark and its comes in 3 different sizes. I got mine from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-24X36-Healing-Rotary-Cutting/dp/B000YZASYO

You can also check your local sewing/fabric store.

I've got one of those cutting mats too. Not that specific model, but still awesome just the same. The self healing really works.

So looking at eriku's pics, it pretty much confirms that the new triangle doesn't completely cover the back of the knee in fighter, and is not a transformation issue. I wonder if there was a reason they didn't make the triangle bigger. Yamato/Arcadia usually has very tight tolerances on their valks leaving very few gaps in fighter, so I find this unusual.

Anyone here got theirs from HLJ? Find it weird since my AmiAmi Figuarts Iron Man Mk45 order were paid Aug 28 and shipped at the same time last Aug 29, same as my VF-0A order at HLJ. Both were shipped the same day. But my tracker on the VF-0A still says it's being processed through sort facility in Japan since the 30th. While my Iron Man is already sitting pretty at my table today. Weird. :wacko:

Quick shot

20886572930_6c005d3c30_h.jpg

:wub:

@saburo waiting for your non quick shot! :p

early production sample vf 0s

http://www.metal-box.jp/blog/

the vf-0s looks quite nice but i hope nothing would change until the actual christmas release dates....no color shifting pls arcadia!

suddenly tho that figurearts iron man really captured my attention with the reflection of the lights....dang.....perhaps vf-0s needs a wing'IRONMAN'!!!

<snip>

Here's my review of Shin's VF-0A.

Aaahhhh! Video review sooooo good! Why did I watch that DX

Wonder if I will be able to afford the VF-0A CF... AUD almost below 0.70 USD and below 75 JPY. Analysts predicting a drop to 0.60 USD.... T____T

Edited by eggy99

Thanks for the review VF5SS! It's a bummer that the old Yamato Ghost Boosters don't fit onto the V.2's. I know a lot of MWers actually went out of their way to buy the old Ghosts for this purpose. I know that Kawamori-San even actually tweeted that they would be compatible.

So aside from paying for an almost USD300 Valk, we now have to fork out more dollars for BOTH the V.2. Ghost Booster and the Armor Pack.

Yup. Not winning many fans at all Arcadia. :mellow:

the vf-0s looks quite nice but i hope nothing would change until the actual christmas release dates....no color shifting pls arcadia!

I'm hoping more of color adding into it esp those missing red marks on the head turret. ;)

Great review as always Veef. Kudos sir! ;)

@no3ljm mine was from hlj, paid saturday morning, shipped monday. Currently shows as in coventry uk customs. Shipped it by ems.

Yeah. Mine is also shipped via EMS to US. And I only got my new tracking update just now. And it's already into the US Customs. Hopefully tomorrow it will get delivered. ^_^

Thanks for the review VF5SS! It's a bummer that the old Yamato Ghost Boosters don't fit onto the V.2's. I know a lot of MWers actually went out of their way to buy the old Ghosts for this purpose. I know that Kawamori-San even actually tweeted that they would be compatible.

So aside from paying for an almost USD300 Valk, we now have to fork out more dollars for BOTH the V.2. Ghost Booster and the Armor Pack.

Yup. Not winning many fans at all Arcadia. :mellow:

So what are other users doing because i see plenty of pics with the ghost attached

That is so sad to hear since I also purchased the old Ghost Booster before the prices really went up. I hope it will still be fit since I've seen some photos with the Ghost Booster attached to it like anubis mentioned. If not, hope Arcadia will release a follow-up statement or blog on how to put it properly since there was no mention post prod that the Ghost will not fit anymore. :unsure:

Just got mine. Initial impressions are great. Quick transform to gerwalk. No qc issues as of yet. Intake tampo are lined up correctly.

Congrats Yeti! Good to know that the Intake Markings are now correct. ;)

nice review! will probably get mine tomorrow.

Me too barurutor. Hope it will arrive tomorrow too. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Just got mine in (Super fast from HLJ). The blue on the fins and other parts actually works very well on this Phoenix, I was very skeptical at first but I like it very much now. Compared to the Yamato Zeros this one much like the 0D is heavier, very sturdy and so far no floppy parts. And at least for mine the heatshield is grey not lavender in color as some pics suggested.

Now the down side, just like the old Yamato Zeros I put Shin in the cockpit and rotated the seat.... Yep, the damn flight console popped right off, nothing some glue won't fix but still. If you're going to rotate it for Battroid mode do it at your own risk.

Will transform it & post some pics later. B))