Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Guest davidwhangchoi

My 2x shipped from biginjapan.

Just a warning biginjapan will not take care of any toy that's defective. So hlj is safer. I'm just a gambler and taking the risk.

i got a pop up msg saying the BIJ website might be vulnerable to the heartbleed security bug.

Did anyone else get that message? Am using chrome w AVG software.

Again, its not reflective of their reputation as i have not used them and am not trying to discourage anyone using them.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i got a pop up msg saying the BIJ website might be vulnerable to the heartbleed security bug.

Did anyone else get that message? Am using chrome w AVG software.

Again, its not reflective of their reputation as i have not used them and am not trying to discourage anyone using them.

Just use PayPal and you'll be fine.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Somehow my purchases via paypal end up costing higher than i calculated due to processing fees or their exchange rates.

Wont go too much into that..

Without PayPal I wouldn't risk it unless you have fraud protection on your credit card. I'd most likely shy away from ordering it.

Well that's a new record. From placing order, preparation in progress to shipped all within 57 minutes from NY for my VF-0A!

57 minutes is uncharacteristically fast for them yes! If I were you I'd go buy a lottery ticket as that kinda luck don't come around that often!

Without PayPal I wouldn't risk it unless you have fraud protection on your credit card. I'd most likely shy away from ordering it.

Always! Even if it ends up a few dollars more expensive and you get a good level of buyer protection.

Got mine this morning. Thoughts: Tight, tight, tight. Wow. I was trying to swing the arms out the way I remembered from the original but they were not budging so I had to consult the manual. I was doing it right, I just had to really hulk on them. Another super tight area is the back panel, getting them apart to fold for Battroid took a lot of wiggling and coaxing. I’m sure it will all get smoother over time. And the rear landing gear, I don’t see how it’s possible to get them out without a tool. There is only the smallest of tabs to get leverage on with a fingernail and they’re just too tight to do that. Not a biggie, and not the first time I’ve needed to use an ancillary tool on a Macross toy.

The heat shield does not look lavender to me. It looks grey.

This doesn’t feel like the old toy at all. It feels like we all wanted the original to feel like when we got it. It’s exquisite.

The fuel pods (or whatever they are) on the chest are glued on and not removable like the original. I was a bit bummed by this since I prefer Battroid without them. I know they’re accurate to the show but I don’t care for how they look. How can he see past those? :p

Sorry for the crap photos, I couldn't get any setting on my camera to look good with the flourescent tube lights in the ceiling here at work. I'll take some proper photos at home later.

post-430-0-50463900-1441131915_thumb.png

post-430-0-98871600-1441131922_thumb.png

post-430-0-14193000-1441131930_thumb.png

post-430-0-64584000-1441131937_thumb.png

post-430-0-49884300-1441131945_thumb.png

post-430-0-94401700-1441131953_thumb.png

Got mine this morning. Thoughts: Tight, tight, tight. Wow. I was trying to swing the arms out the way I remembered from the original but they were not budging so I had to consult the manual. I was doing it right, I just had to really hulk on them. Another super tight area is the back panel, getting them apart to fold for Battroid took a lot of wiggling and coaxing. I’m sure it will all get smoother over time. And the rear landing gear, I don’t see how it’s possible to get them out without a tool. There is only the smallest of tabs to get leverage on with a fingernail and they’re just too tight to do that. Not a biggie, and not the first time I’ve needed to use an ancillary tool on a Macross toy.

This doesn’t feel like the old toy at all. It feels like we all wanted the original to feel like when we got it. It’s exquisite.

The fuel pods (or whatever they are) on the chest are glued on and not removable like the original. I was a bit bummed by this since I prefer Battroid without them. I know they’re accurate to the show but I don’t care for how they look. How can he see past those? :p

Sorry for the crap photos, I couldn't get any setting on my camera to look good with the flourescent tube lights in the ceiling here at work. I'll take some proper photos at home later.

Bummer!

On the other hand the gap between the lower legs and the thigh area looks much narrower on your pictures than on the first set of pictures in this thread.

Got mine in the mail today. Has a nice heft to it, but there are some things I don't like about it.

The intakes really have nothing to hold them in place in fighter mode or GERWALK for that matter. It's pretty annoying.

The wing lights also are also just painted black instead of clear pieces like the Yamato ones. Looks really cheap like something you'd find on a toy for little kids than a collector's item that costs close to $300.

When the wings fold back for battroid mode, there's a lot of scraping involved and there's signs of scratching on the factory paint from it.

I find it funny that on the sticker sheet, the VF-0A on the sheet has the back of the legs as grey and not blue.

Not sure if it's my imagination, but it looks like one of the engine thrusters in the feet is off angle compared to the other by a degree or two like it was put in the wrong way or something.

At least it feels a lot more solid than the Yamato releases.

Congrats eriku! Been patiently waiting for mine since my tracker is not giving me updates since yesterday. Hehehe. :lol:

By the way, can you please confirm if the Fast Pack is using magnets or not. Thanks. ;)

By the way, can you please confirm if the Fast Pack is using magnets or not. Thanks. ;)

No magnets, there are two tabs that snap into corresponding holes on the legs.

When the wings fold back for battroid mode, there's a lot of scraping involved and there's signs of scratching on the factory paint from it.

I didn't fold my wings all the way for fear of scratching them. I DID end up scratching the paint on the shoulders just from transforming to battroid and back. There is so little room to work with that the shoulder rubbed against each other and now they're both scratched. Doesn't seem like the paint should scratch that easy, it's like there is no protective coating on it.

Wow, was really hoping the painted-on wing lights were just an oddity due to being different on the 0D... that's freaking lame.

The lack of a solid mounting point for the hips is also a vintage problem from the old Yamato versions. Was pretty disappointed that they really didn't change anything about that on the 0D.

I don't know what to think.. between the color shenanigans, lack of tamo, and being generally unimpressed with the "improvements" from the first version, I don't know if I'll be able to convince myself to get another 0S.

Edited by Chronocidal

So, I broke down and purchased a Shin 0A off N-Y this morning -- in order to use the Discount Power Coupon I had :unsure:... yeah, that's why I pulled the trigger on something I'd been prevaricating on (leaning towards skipping altogether) since it's announcement; sure, that was it...

:blink::huh: ... I'm such a weak fool... :wacko::rolleyes:

Edit: I blame all of you!!! :angry:^_^:p

Edited by mechaninac

:blink::huh: ... I'm such a weak fool... :wacko::rolleyes:

Edit: I blame all of you!!! :angry:^_^:p

Same here, weaker even since I also PO'd the 0S :)

I'm bummed by the black paint instead of the clear parts for the wing lights, that is pretty weak.

The FAST packs scratching shouldn't really be a problem on the 0A though since Shin's VF doesn't have the black stripes on the side of the leg (?)

Towards the end even Yamato stopped using the clear parts on the wings and started to just paint them in, I was disappointed back then. I think it may have begun with the VF-19 series of toys. All of my bandai toys don't have clear plastic parts on the wings either except the YF-29's. I wish both mfg's would go back to the clear crystal parts on the wings and then tint them the color they need to be. I think that is one of the things I really like about the Yamato VF-1 v2's.

Towards the end even Yamato stopped using the clear parts on the wings and started to just paint them in, I was disappointed back then. I think it may have begun with the VF-19 series of toys. All of my bandai toys don't have clear plastic parts on the wings either except the YF-29's. I wish both mfg's would go back to the clear crystal parts on the wings and then tint them the color they need to be. I think that is one of the things I really like about the Yamato VF-1 v2's.

For some reason the painted in detail doesn't look so bad on the 0D, but on the 0A and 0S it just looks cheap. Maybe it's the black color. Perhaps a white detail with black border would have been better.

attachicon.gifzero1.png

attachicon.gifzero2.png

attachicon.gifzero3.png

attachicon.gifzero4.png

attachicon.gifzero5.png

attachicon.gifzero6.png

Thanks for posting your pics eriku! The Zero-A looks great! Geez I hope mine arrives before the weekend! :o:unsure:

I was disappointed when I discovered that the yf-19 super parts didn't use magnets, and they really REALLY needed to use them there. I guess it's not a huge deal that they didn't use them on the VF0A, but it's such a strange part to cut out of the renewal version.

I'm fairly sure that the ONLY Yamato/Arcadia molds to ever not use actual clear parts for those lights was on the YF-19 and VF-19, and it had a good reason, because the wing had to fold into that space. I want to say that pretty much every single valk going back to the 1/48th VF-1 has had those as clear inserts. (I don't remember at the moment if the VF-4 had them, but I'm not sure it was supposed to have lights in the wing roots, so might be missing on that one too).

I've actually been tempted to chop out the ones on the 0D, and glue actual clear plastic inserts in there. It doesn't look quite so bad on that one because it looks like an actual formation light, but painting the lights in black is just pitiful.

I just don't get it.. I can't imagine the cost savings would even be worth mentioning in terms of parts, so maybe it's just the factory threw a fit about assembly? Those lights are pretty easy to lose.

early production sample vf 0s

http://www.metal-box.jp/blog/

Are those Jolly Rogers on the inside of the tail fins accurate? Looks a bit odd.

You'd have thought by now they would have come up with a way to attach the fast packs without scratching occurring.. I definitely wont be fitting them on then. Can't say i actually like the fast pack parts anyways.

The thing is that they DID have a non-scratching solution back with the Yamato release (magnets!). To pay such a premium for the Arcadia valks and have an inferior attachment method is a bit annoying.